Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #173 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“Punishment and Reward”

AOW rings in the New Year the same way it ended – with Chris Jericho standing tall as the AOW Champion. With Jericho and Shawn Michaels delivering a legendary battle at A Very Merry War, it was in fact Jericho who used his puppetmaster strings in the most unfathomable way possible – by roping in the AOW Owner, Paul Heyman. With Jericho still ruling on high as AOW Champion and now with Heyman apparently in his back pocket, Paul Heyman has granted Chris Jericho control for the evening. With everyone who has opposed Jericho either removed from the picture of questioning their own sanity, could this truly be the beginning of an entirely new era of professional wrestling in the Worthy Utopia…?

…but how did Jericho manage to get the AOW Owner behind him when the two have had a rocky relationship at best? What exactly are Heyman’s motives in all this? Why did he assist in the unceremonious retirement of Shawn Michaels? Paul E. Dangerously has never been a man to turn down an audience, nor remain soft spoken. While Jericho seeks to take over this week with an iron fist, Paul Heyman has granted himself his own time to explain why he did what he did to the iconic career of the Showstopper. This week, Paul Heyman speaks and tells us why.

In sight of last week’s somewhat ominous circumstances, there were still a few bright spots, perhaps the brightest being the crowning of a brand new AOW Dynasty Champion in CM Punk. Punk went through hell and highwater to get the title from Muhammad Hassan, but a man as crafty as Muhammad, one has to figure, has some sort of back-up plan. Opposite of CM Punk this week is a newcomer to AOW in Carlito Colon, who made a rather impressive debut two weeks ago. But his comments regarding Super Crazy and the Hispanic heritage have gotten quite a few people in a tizzy. Now, Carlito starts on a path polar opposite to that of Punk’s scratch-and-claw nature to the top because in only his second match ever on Oblivion, he’ll face the new Dynasty Champion.

Samoa Joe still has Jericho on his radar and isn’t letting up, Finlay has the head of the man we once knew as RVD resting on his laurels, and what’s next for the World’s Greatest Tag Team? All this and even more on the first ever edition of AOW Oblivion in the year 2008, on 9/8c on FX!!

.:Confirmed for Oblivion:.

Chris Jericho makes a decree

*NEW* AOW Dynasty Champion CM Punk v. Carlito Colon

PLUS…

Paul Heyman explains his actions

Not the greatest preview ever, but motivation has gotten to me the last month. I haven't reviewed anyone, nor have I had a whole lot of gusto to write a whole lot, so my apologies to everyone that I desperately owe, several of you I've been indebted to for months. I don't think I'm burnt out, but I do feel like I'm lagging a little. That and that I'm overthinking a ton of stuff right now. University starts back this week, but it shouldn't make me slower than certain slothful kings (). But show should be up midweek sometime.

Also updated the opening post if anyone wants to get caught up on a few things. And with a title change, a title archive is also in the works. Oh, and congrats to iMac for getting a damn near perfect score on his predictions. Credits should be in the mail soon.

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote