Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2012, 05:34 AM   #899 (permalink)
pgi86
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

pgi86 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postspgi86 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postspgi86 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postspgi86 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postspgi86 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Whos behind Aces and Eights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by femj88 View Post
I say Matt Morgan, he signed a five year contract 3 years ago, and every report I have seen says his contract expired. Something doesn't quite seem right about a 5 year deal expiring in 3 years...
Actually, that's quite common. You sign a long-term deal but leave the last year or two open to re-negotiation. Basically what that means is that when the time comes both sides sit down, try to evaluate where they stand and work out new terms and if they can't they go their separate ways. Essentially the last two years of the contract are optionable and if they can't work out new terms the contract doesn't roll over and is terminated. There was a similar situation with Kurt Angle a couple of years ago but obviously he chose to stay in TNA, his optionable year rolled over and then he signed a new deal last year.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Morgan isn't involved in this. He may be. Anything's possible. I'm simply explaining why he could be gone from TNA even though he signed a 5-year deal back in 2009.

Last edited by pgi86 : 08-18-2012 at 05:42 AM.
pgi86 is offline   Reply With Quote