Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #1525 (permalink)
Seabs
I am a WOMAN WOMAN WOMAN not a MAN MAN MAN

Seabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on repSeabs whored out on rep
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Suwama & Taiyo Kea vs Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki - AJPW 17.06.2012
Suwama continuing to GOAT his way through 2012. This is all about him and Shiozaki having a pure distance for each other which is fucking molten. Some of the best uncooperative mindless hatred brawling I've seen in a long time. Suwama's incredible throwing chairs and tables around and putting innocent bystanders in danger. Shiozaki stays with him in the brawling but he doesn't really offer much else and his strikes were way too weak for the setting. Akiyama and Kea do their thing which doesn't interest me but who cares when you have Suwama GOATing it up and trying to murder Shiozaki. Probably just short of being a MOTYC but think the AJ/CHAOS tag and set your expectations at that level.

Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki & Atsushi Aoki vs Suwama, Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo - NOAH 03.06.2012
There's been a common theme to every good NOAH match this year. Either bring in outsiders to make the match good or let Akiyama be a grumpy sod and fuck up juniors. This fits both criteria and obviously it's great. Slightly better than the All Japan version of Suwama and Shiozaki killing each other because Hayashi tries to take on Akiyama and gets duly killed for his efforts and the outsiders get to kill Aoki. The workover in the middle on Aoki should have been way longer but it's NOAH in 2012, the fuck do you expect. Kinda loses all it's structure once he tags out but with Suwama/Go, Suwama/Akiyama and Akiyama/Hayashi mixed in with Aoki's murder at the end it's still entertaining enough. The Suwama/Shiozaki brawling isn't quite as heated because it's not Korkauen and it's a shitty NOAH crowd but it still satisfied my needs for Suwama greatness.

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle - Ladder Match - TNA Hardcore Justice 2012
Wouldn't call it a MOTYC per se but it's a great match that's just shy of that mark that most people should really enjoy. Daniels is easily the star and takes a total ass kicking. Loved the babyfaces outnumbering the lone heel dynamic in this. Joe looked legit great for the first time since like 08 I think that I can remember. Looked a lot smoother and more like ROH Samoa Joe rather than a fat and slow Samoa Joe tribute act. Liked how they didn't take a ton of silly ladder bumps for a random ladder match like this but they still did enough dangerous looking ladder spots to get the gimmick over. Finish absolutely rules. From Daniels being Joe and Angle's dummy to getting trapped in ladder to that crazy spot from AJ to sneak the contract and best of all Joe's reaction when AJ sneaks in to steal the win and he's left standing on top of the ladder with his GOAT reaction.
Seabs is offline   Reply With Quote