Wrestling Forum banner

CHIKARA - Season 11 Discussion Thread

89K views 1K replies 103 participants last post by  Manu_Styles 
#1 ·
I'll try and keep it current, no promises though.

2012 Event Calender

"The Thirteenth Hat"
Saturday, January 28th - Easton, PA
Results.

"A Death Worse Than Fate"
Saturday, February 25th - Reading, PA
Results.

"Caught in the Spider's Den"
Sunday, February 26th - Long Island, NY
Results.

"Green Ice"
Saturday, March 24th - Vaughan, ONT
Results.

"It’s How You Play the Game"
Sunday, March 25th - Ottawa, ONT
Results.

"I’ll Be a Mummy’s Uncle"
Saturday, April 14th - Rahway, NJ
Results.

"Hot Off the Griddle"
Saturday, April 28th - Chicago, IL
Results

"The Contaminated Cowl"
Sunday, April 29th - Lafayette, IN
Results.

"Aniversario: A Horse of Another Color"
Saturday, May 19th - Easton, PA
Results.

"Aniversario: The Ogg and I"
Sunday, May 20th - Manhattan, NY
Results.

"Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur"
Saturday, June 2nd - Philadelphia, PA
Results.

"The Foggiest Notion"
Saturday, June 23rd - Strathroy, ONT
Results.

"Smack in the Middle"
Sunday, June 24th - Syracuse, NY
Results.

"The Great Escape"
Saturday, July 28th - Portland, ME
Results.

"Give 'em the Axe"
Sunday, July 29th - Everett, MA
Results.

"Shoot a Crooked Arrow"
Friday, August 17th - Milwaukee, WI
Results.

"The Ring of Wax"
Saturday, August 18th - Indianapolis, IN
Results.

"King of Trios 2012"
Friday - Sunday, September 14th through 16th
Results.

"Deep Freeze"
Saturday, October 6th - Piedmont, AL
Results.

"The Zodiac Crimes"
Sunday, October 7th - Burlington, NC
Results.

"Zelda the Great"
Saturday, November 10th - Chicago, IL
Featuring Special Guests Da Soul Touchaz!
Rematch from Milwaukee! - Mike Quackenbush vs. Colt Cabana

"A Piece of the Action"
Sunday, November 11th - Cleveland, OH
An Awe-Inspiring Atomico! - 3.0, Akuma & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks & The Bravado Brothers

"The Cibernetico Rises"
Sunday, November 18th - Manhattan, NY

Grand Champion of Chikara - Eddie Kingston - History

Campeonatos de Parejas - The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) - History

Young Lions Cup - "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti - History

2011 Tournament Winners
King Of Trios - The Colony (Fire, Soldier & Green Ant)
Rey De Voladores - El Generico
Young Lions Cup Tournament - Tadasuke
Torneo Cibernetico - Sara Del Rey

2012 Tournament Winners
King Of Trios - ?????????
Rey De Voladores - ????????
Young Lions Cup Tournament - "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
Torneo Cibernetico - ????????

December 9th, 2011 - Ophidian

December 16th, 2011 - Icarus

December 23rd, 2011 - Veronica of The Band

December 30th, 2011 - Tim Donst

January 6, 2012 - Green Ant

January 13, 2012 - Ultramantis Black

January 20, 2012 - Jigsaw

January 24, 2012 - Scott Parker

January 26, 2012 - Archibald Peck

January 27, 2012 - Ophidian

January 31, 2012 - Icarus

Feburary 1, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

Feburary 3, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

Feburary 7, 2012 - Sara Del Rey

Feburary 10, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

Feburary 13, 2012 - Johnny Gargano

Feburary 14, 2012 - Mr. Touchdown

Feburary 15, 2012 - Eddie Kingston

Feburary 16, 2012 - Scott Parker

Feburary 20, 2012 - Ophidian

Feburary 22, 2012 - Jigsaw

Feburary 23, 2012 - Derek Sabato

Feburary 24, 2012 - UltraMantis Black

Feburary 27, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

March 8, 2012 - Icarus

March 12, 2012 - Scott Parker

March 15, 2012 - Ophidian

March 19, 2012 - Derek Sabato

March 21, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

March 23, 2012 - Shane Matthews

March 30, 2012 - Gran Akuma

April 3, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

April 4, 2012 - UltraMantis Black

April 5, 2012 - Archibald Peck

April 13, 2012 - Delirious

April 16, 2012 - Derek Sabato

April 20, 2012 - Delirious

April 24, 2012 - Ophidian

April 27, 2012 - Delirious

April 30, 2012 - Derek Sabato

May 2, 2012 - assailANT

May 4, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

May 7, 2012 - Ophidian

May 8, 2012 - Saturyne

May 9, 2012 - The Shard

May 10, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

May 11, 2012 - Tim Donst

May 14, 2012 - UltraMantis Black

May 16, 2012 - deviANT

May 18, 2012 - Jigsaw

May 21, 2012 - Chuck Taylor

May 23, 2012 - 17

May 25, 2012 - Veronica

May 28, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

May 29, 2012 - Gran Akuma

May 30, 2012 - combatANT

May 31, 2012 - Green Ant

June 1, 2012 - Delirious

June 6, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

June 13, 2012 - Derek Sabato

June 20, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

June 22, 2012 - Delirious

June 25, 2012 - Mr. Touchdown

June 27, 2012 - Sara Del Rey

June 29, 2012 - Ophidian

July 6, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

July 9, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

July 11, 2012 - Green Ant

July 6, 2012 - Leonard F. Chikarason

July 18, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

July 23, 2012 - Icarus

July 26, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

July 29, 2012 - Green Ant

August 6, 2012 - 17

August 8, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

August 14, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

August 16, 2012 - Scott Parker

August 21, 2012 - Derek Sabato

August 22, 2012 - Wink Vavasseur

Auguest 29, 2012 - Delirious]

August 31, 2012 - Jigsaw

September 10, 2012 - Veronica

September 11, 2012 - combatANT

September 12, 2012 - Gran Akuma

September 13, 2012 - Tim Donst

September 14, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

September 28, 2012 - Derek Sabato

October 1, 2012 - Harlem Bravado

October 3, 2012 - Sugar Dunkerton

October 5, 2012 - Mike Quackenbush

October 12, 2012 - Jakob Hammermeier

October 16, 2012 - Ophidian

October 19, 2012 - Green Ant

October 23, 2012 - Tim Donst

October 25, 2012 - Sapphire

October 30, 2012 - Derek Sabato

November 1, 2012 - deviANT

Reactions: geraldinhio
#1,040 ·
For those who don't know who that man is, it looks to be the newest look of a man known simply as Blind Rage. Heres my knowledge on such. I've always enjoyed Blind Rage. He technically isn't a graduate of the Chikara Wrestle Factory because he had been a student of Quacks from before the Chikara days and was fully trained by the time Chikara started. The main heel of the early days of the promotion if you look at the very first two shows honestly. I believe he was the only student who got any mic time on those first shows. Altogether hes good on the mic and in the ring. Him and Hallowicked won the first Tag World in 04 and at that point they were probably the best wrestlers in the promotion not named Quackenbush. One thing about blind rage is he has been known to dissapear for long periods of time. I've somewhat described to you the first run with Wicked and Icarus as Night Shift. Then he was gone. When he returned he was pink haired and with Mantis. Had a good showing in those few months and in whatever Cibernetico he had that pink hair in. 2005? Anyways he might've dissapeared once more before popping up again in the Order Of the Neo Solar Temple as the resurrected Zombie of Blind Rage. I don't know its all fuzzy around there for me. Hydra dancing like snoopy and such. Anyways he looks insane in that photo, and i'm interested to see what that glam punk fool looks like now. I've always wondered where he had went off to because he was honestly one of the better wrestlers in the early days. Didn't hurt he was a year or two ahead of all the young Wrestle Factory guys. BTW anyone feel free to correct me on any of these specifics as i'm going by mostly what I remember.

#1,050 ·
Okay, this is the first time I've ventured in to this section of the forum and I watch this...

and think to myself, what the fuck did I just watch, as I laughed my ass off. What just happened to me?

#1,051 ·
^ Do you follow much outside of WWE and/or TNA? If not, then you need to check out more of the Indy scene. There's so much more freedom for wrestlers to do moves and characters they otherwise couldn't. Some promotions are hilarious (CHIKARA), while others just offer real solid wrestling.

The international stuff is awesome too. Lucha is different, and kind of an acquired taste and then there's the whole Puro deal, which, depending on what style of wrestling you like, pretty well kills much of what we see on television here.

#1,052 ·
I do watch random indy/Japan matches on Youtube when I find time. I looked up some of El Generico's matches as well as Samuray Del Sol to name a couple. Usually when there's a wrestler that pique's my interest I'll check 'em out. Currently I've been hearing about Kevin Steen and plan to watch some of his matches. Seeing as some really talented wrestlers have come from ROH, I'd like to start watching it a bit more.

#1,061 ·
My brother Preatorian Guard did one of his first signatures on Kingston, we both didn't know who the hell he was when he picked up the request. That's a good promo.

Second signature he ever made, not bad.

That's the beauty of Chikara. Embrace it.

JoshiMania was really only a one time thing. They even dubbed it "once in a lifetime" or something of that sort. I'd love to have it back.
If you guys know of any Chikara matches that are on Youtube you'd like to recommend, have at it.

#1,059 ·
im sure its been brought up in this thread before, but am i the only one that wishes Chikara had its own cable show. I really love how the company is storyline based, which is sorely lacking everywhere else. Plus they put on incredible matches and their roster is almost all in house. I know they are doing well now, but its so hard to keep up with it when you are broke and can't afford the dvd's and only find links every so often

#1,060 ·
I'm sure if they had a financial backer they would attempt to be on TV/gain an audience that way. Unfortunately they don't. Plight of the Independent promotion. Stick with downloading then if you can't purchase shows. I know it doesn't help out the promotion when you think about it, although you're keeping up either way.

#1,062 ·
Banner is stellar.

As for matches on youtube, subscribe to their channel (CHIKARAoffice) then take a perusing session. They have uploaded quite a bit of matches via their Podcast-a-Go-Go videos that give you a good taste of the product. I know Sara Del Rey vs Toshie Uematsu is up on there. GREAT 9 minute joshi match.

There you go. WATCH~

#1,063 · (Edited)
Watched it, that's the first time in a while that I've been entertained by a women's match. Sara Del Rey is a beast, dat Royal Butterfly Suplex. Isn't she signed with WWE as a trainer?

That shirt is Boss.

EDIT: Got damn, these guys are amazing, their tag combo finisher is ridiculous...

#1,064 ·
(Y)

Good to know you enjoyed it.

Yep. Trainer for the divas atm. Which is too bad since it pulls her away from the Indies/Chikara.

Ah, yes. The Young Bucks. They are a phenomenal pair. Search any and all that you can find. Always worth a watch. They're awesome in the true sense of the word.

#1,068 ·
Chikara still has tickets available on their website. I actually just ordered one. I'm just going to make sure I print out the paypal receipt in case they don't have a ticket ready for me. Bring some ID as well just in case. I'm pumped for the show but it sucks that I didn't get my Chikara Army card in the mail in time. I split it with someone over the summer and he had possession of the card and I waited too long to ask him to mail it :( Should be an awesome show.

#1,070 ·
It was pretty awesome. Night 1 wasn't anything too amazing but Nights 2 and 3 were incredible. They had a lot of storylines going on within the tournament that made this really interesting. You had the Swarm/Colony stuff, Jigsaw/Quack issues, the Sendai girls being awesome underdogs, the ROH/Chikara rivalry, and Batiri/Envoy all thrown into the tournament. Throw in the funniest match I've ever seen, and awesome Kingston title defense, a great Joshi tag match, and some other fun stuff and you have a pretty great weekend.

#1,071 ·
^^^^Thanks!

Wish I had time today before the iPPV to check out out some of the KOT weekend or Cibernetico, just to feel a little more caught up but I'll have to catch up post Season Finale...ah well.

Who else is watching this live on iPPV this afternoon/tonight? What's everyone most excited for?

Bucks have been on fire lately IMO and I've never seen ACH before, so those two matches have my attention and storyline wise the Colony/Quack vs Jig/Shard/Ants has a ton of potential. I love Kingston but ring work wise, some of his matches leave me wanting more, hopefully the fact that it's Donst will make this special..

Also, would love to see something completely unexpected go down storyline wise tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.