Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE
Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post
post #112 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

January 31st, 2011: RAW

MONDAY NIGHT RAW LIVE
RUPP ARENA, LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
MONDAY JANUARY 31ST, 2011

*** BURN IT TO THE GROUND ***

*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***
*** PYRO ***

As the pyro explodes around the arena, the WWE Universe here in Lexington are going wild with signs held up showing support for superstars such as Triple H, Randy Orton and Justin Gabriel. JR and King are on commentary and they build up the hype for tonight’s show where we expect to see a Number 1 contender for Wade Barrett’s WWE Championship decided as well as John Cena’s proposition for Randy Orton as well ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** WADE BARRETT ***
WWE Champion

Sauntering out with the WWE Championship around his waist, Wade Barrett heads out towards the ring without his Nexus team-mates for a change. He stands looking around the arena at the bottom of the ramp before he walks around the outside and takes a seat at the side of the announce table as JR introduces him as being a guest announcer for the next match.

JIM ROSS:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the WWE Champion, Wade Barrett. Welcome, Mr. Barrett, thanks for joining us here for this match tonight.

WADE BARRETT:
You’re welcome, JR, always good to come out here and check out future opponents – not that I’ll need any help with beating any of these four, of course.

JERRY LAWLER:
No Nexus with you tonight, Wade?

Barrett casts an annoyed look towards the King but he refrains from answering as attention turns towards the ring announcer ...

JUSTIN ROBERTS:
Ladies and Gentlemen, this match is set for one fall. The winner of the match will challenge for Wade Barrett’s WWE Championship at the Elimination Chamber PPV in three weeks.

*** RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES ***

*** DANIEL BRYAN ***

The former US Champion Daniel Bryan heads out with a smile on his face, he looks ready for his big opportunity here tonight as he sidesteps his way down the ramp towards the ring ...

WADE BARRETT:
If this is the standard of challengers for my WWE Championship, my reign as champion is definitely going to be a long one, gents.

JERRY LAWLER:
Daniel Bryan, former US Champion, he’s been on a roll since his arrival here in the WWE last summer. Didn’t he join the WWE with you in NXT?

WADE BARRETT:
Yeah, he did. I kicked him out of Nexus too. Remember?

Bryan steps between the ropes and he jumps up onto the middle rope to salute the fans in the arena, he raises his finger in the air as the crowd give him a good pop. He jumps off the ropes and then he approaches the ropes where he looks over towards the smirking Wade Barrett as he holds the WWE Championship across his lap.

*** MEDAL ***

*** KURT ANGLE ***

Attention turns towards the ramp as the Olympic Hero Kurt Angle heads out – alone – and he stands at the top of the ramp and points towards the ceiling. An explosion of red, white and blue fireworks accompany Angle as he strides down the ramp looking pumped up and determined to get a victory tonight. There is no sign of the two mystery men who came to the ring last week and assisted Angle’s win over Triple H, he’s here on his own.

JIM ROSS:
1996 Olympic gold medal winner, 2000 King of the Ring, a six time World Champion and a Grand Slam champion, a sure fire Hall of Famer. Surely this man is worth an opportunity at the WWE Championship?

WADE BARRETT:
All very impressive, JR, there’s no doubt that Kurt Angle has done it all here in the WWE. The fact is, though, he is too old, past it, he’s not on my level no more. If he wins this match, I’ll have no problem showing him that the only red, white and blue that counts is that of Her Majesty, the Queen.

Angle is in the ring and he looks towards Daniel Bryan and then Wade Barrett with a smile on his face, it appears that he is extremely confident in his abilities tonight ...

*** AIN’T NO MAKE BELIEVE ***

*** JOHN MORRISON ***

The slo-mo entrance of Morrison plays out and he heads out with a multi-coloured pyro behind him before he raises his arm in the air. He heads towards the ring with his long coat fluttering behind him and then he swings into the ring and salutes the fans again ...

WADE BARRETT:
Another man who is completely undeserving of this opportunity, JR, King. What has he done in the WWE to deserve a chance to challenge me for the WWE Championship? Nothing. John Morrison is an habitual loser, he wins matches against nobodies but when he comes up against somebody with a little bit of talent, he loses.

JERRY LAWLER:
Give it a rest, Barrett. Quite a few people would argue that you were undeserving of the WWE Championship when you won it ...

*** AWESOME – I CAME TO PLAY ***

*** THE MIZ ***
Current holder of the ‘Money in the Bank’ contract

Arrogant and cocky, here comes Miz. He raises his hands in the air and then heads for the ring with his overcoat flowing behind him, he looks determined to win the match tonight. There is a noticeable absentee for Miz as well – his Money in the Bank briefcase. With his big opportunity tonight, Miz appears to be focused on this match and not on what might happen in the future.

JIM ROSS:
Whilst many people might despise him, there is no argument that Miz is on a roll right now. He has several big wins under his belt right now, he seems destined to be the WWE Champion ...

WADE BARRETT:
Destined to be WWE Champion? I don’t think so, JR. I am the WWE Champion, there is nobody here that can beat me, not Bryan, not Angle, not Morrison and definitely not Miz. Never going to happen.

Miz is in the ring and mouthing off to the other men in the match – particularly his old rivals, Morrison and Bryan – before he perches on the ropes and signals that he is one of the greats in the WWE. The referee clears the ring of all extra bits before he signals for the bell, here we go, time to determine the Number 1 contender.

Quote:
FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH – WINNER FACES WADE BARRETT FOR WWE CHAMPIONSHIP AT ELIMINATION CHAMBER
DANIEL BRYAN vs. JOHN MORRISON vs. KURT ANGLE vs. THE MIZ

A hard hitting, fast paced match as all four men go at it with a clear desire to become the Number 1 contender and to head to the Elimination Chamber to face Wade Barrett for the WWE Championship. After the initial flurry of activity in the match, the four men split into two pairs as Angle and Bryan lock up inside the ring whilst Morrison and Miz lock up outside the ring. Morrison and Miz’ personal issues overflow as they battle on the outside and the barricades and ring steps come into play as both men feel the pain of them on their backs. Inside the ring, Angle and Bryan – as fits their style – are more focused on wrestling and they roll around the mat trying to lock in submission holds, particularly the Ankle Lock for Kurt and the Le Bell Lock for Bryan. At one point, Angle manages to lock Bryan into the Ankle Lock and Bryan is struggling to get to the ropes. Realising that this could lead to a defeat, Miz, who has Morrison down on the outside, runs in and kicks Angle hard in the exposed side and this allows him to break the hold before Bryan can tap out.

Morrison manages to get back into the ring and we have periods of time for all four men to take charge of the match. Near falls become more and more frequent as all four men look to keep one of the other three down but there is always some other guy to break the pinfall before we can see if there was going to be a kick out. Bryan manages to lock Miz in the Le Bell Lock with Morrison and Angle down but Miz makes it to the ropes – a few months ago, he’d have tapped out like he did on the night where he lost the US Championship to Bryan at Night of Champions. The crowd are split between Bryan and Morrison as the match snakes and heads towards a conclusion but it appears over when Bryan sails off the top rope and connects with a Diving Headbutt to Angle. He hooks the leg, neither Miz or Morrison is going to make it, 1 ... 2 ... Almost! Angle kicks out at the last second and Bryan holds his head in despair, he was so close to earning a WWE Championship shot just there.

WADE BARRETT:
So close there for Daniel Bryan, I’d have liked to have seen him get the win there. It would be as if I’d been given the night off for the Elimination Chamber ...

Arrogant attitude from Barrett on the outside but inside the ring, Bryan continues to go for it. He spots Miz coming in and he quickly climbs the ropes ... Missile Dropkick from Bryan to Miz! The crowd are cheering, they are liking the idea that Daniel Bryan could get the win here and challenge for the WWE Championship in just under three weeks. Morrison comes through the ropes and Bryan hits a knee to the side of his head that collapses him, the match is looking like Bryan’s to lose. Daniel takes Morrison down to the mat face first and locks in the Le Bell Lock once again! LE BELL LOCK TO JOHN MORRISON! WILL HE TAP? Bryan is screaming as he desperately tries to force a tap out from Morrison, pulling back as hard as he can, forcing Morrison closer and closer to tapping. Morrison is trying to edge back towards the ropes but Bryan has this locked in right in the centre of the ring here, how is he going to escape this? As Morrison seems to slump and the hope leaves him, he is about to tap out ... when suddenly here comes Miz! Miz rushes over, realising that if Morrison taps, his WWE Championship hopes also go up in smoke, he kicks Bryan hard in the head and this breaks the Le Bell Lock just in time. Morrison, the pain eased, rolls out of the ring, clutching his neck and shoulders, as Miz starts blasting Bryan hard with kicks to the back and shoulders.

WADE BARRETT:
Look at Morrison, weak. He’s showing a weakness, I would never have even got into the position with Bryan there ...

JERRY LAWLER:
Of course you wouldn’t, you’d have got your buddies to drag Bryan out of the ring before he could lock it on!

Barrett looks less than impressed with Lawler’s comments as the camera flicks to him for a moment but then the camera returns to Miz in the ring. The ‘awesome’ one edges back, he allows Bryan to pull himself up as he holds his hands out wide, he is waiting to strike ... SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! MIZ STRIKES WITH THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE TO BRYAN! Miz rolls Bryan over, he hooks the leg ... 1 ... 2 ... Angle breaks the pin! Just in the nick of time, Kurt Angle rolls into the ring and he crashes into the back of Miz. As the pair of them are on their knees over Bryan, Angle and Miz fire right hands at each other over and over and then they roll under the bottom rope as they trade hands trying to get the upper hand. Angle is the one who gets the better of it and he grabs Miz with the back of the neck and rams him hard into the steel ring posts, they crash apart as Miz hits them so hard. Confident now, Angle heads back into the ring and stands over Bryan who is struggling to his feet. Angle prepares for him and is crouching behind him, on his haunches, waiting for a chance ... He beckons to Bryan to turn round, he is waiting and waiting ... ANGLE SLAM! KURT ANGLE HITS THE ANGLE SLAM! It’s over! Angle is about to hook the leg of Daniel Bryan when all of a sudden ...

*** TIME TO PLAY THE GAME ***

*** TRIPLE H ***

Huge pop from the crowd as Triple H storms out towards the ring looking for revenge on Angle. The Olympian is in no doubt about who the Game is coming for and he stands up ready to defend himself. As Hunter stands at the bottom of the ramp and looks up into the eyes of Angle ready to spoil his chances of winning something, there is another commotion behind – here come Angle’s mystery men that we first saw last night! Both of them barrel into the back of Triple H and crash him down from behind, Hunter though manages to start fighting back and they end up fighting back up the ramp towards the entrance way. Angle applauds his men before turning his attention back to Daniel Bryan who is down and out ... He goes to make the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... No! Morrison drags Angle away by the legs, Angle is surprised and he spins round ... CHUCK KICK! MORRISON WITH THE SURPRISE CHUCK KICK! Angle staggers around, he is dazed ... Morrison rolls him up ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
JOHN MORRISON (11:38) via pinfall
An explosion of noise from the WWE Universe as Angle leaps up in surprise, he can’t believe that Morrison just caught him out there. As Angle stands there stunned, he turns to look up the ramp where Triple H has overcome Angle’s mystery men and is stood looking down at him with a grin on his face. “Payback is a bitch” calls out Hunter before he turns to leave and Angle rolls out of the ring to confront the referee who refuses to change his decision. Back in the ring, John Morrison is knelt down in the corner, breathing hard, a huge smile spreading across his face as he realises what he has done. He jumps onto the middle rope in the corner and salutes the fans once more before turning his head to face the WWE Champion on commentary ...

JIM ROSS:
At Elimination Chamber, it will be John Morrison challenging you for the WWE Championship, Mr. Barrett ...

WADE BARRETT:
Lucky win, JR, I don’t see any problems for me when I face him in three weeks.

JERRY LAWLER:
Is that because you know of four guys who won’t let you lose the match?

Barrett turns to smirk at Lawler and then he stands up to face Morrison who is signalling to Barrett’s WWE Championship belt ...

WADE BARRETT:
You need to keep out of my way, Morrison, stay up there. You are not going to win this ...

Barrett removes his title belt and he holds it up high for Morrison to admire as RAW head into the first commercial break of the evening ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with replays of the exciting finish to the first match of the evening – Triple H’s distraction to deny Kurt Angle and then the surprise roll up from John Morrison that means, as JR enjoys informing us, that at the Elimination Chamber PPV in three weeks, it will be Wade Barrett against John Morrison for the WWE Championship. The cameras switch backstage where we see Kurt Angle stomping around and shoving things over, a look of fury all over his face, he heads back into the depths of the arena looking for somebody ... The cameras switch to Triple H who is also looking determined as he walks down a corridor before turning through a door marked ‘RAW General Manager’ where we see Shawn Michaels sat down. HBK gets up as Hunter walks in and glances to the side but Hunter wants a word with him ...

TRIPLE H:
Shawn, you know what I’m here for ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
Hunter, wait, let me ...

TRIPLE H:
No, Shawn, listen to me. Last week, that pompous ass Angle blew my chance of getting another shot at Barrett and I want you to sort it. He brought those two morons out to the ring, I don’t know who they are or why they’re here but you got to sort this for me ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
Hunter, you know, I think you should ...

TRIPLE H:
Shawn, you’re my buddy, sort this for me. Make the match at Elimination Chamber a Triple Threat – Barrett against Morrison and me. I need another shot at Barrett.

SHAWN MICHAELS:
Hunter, I ...

Off camera, there is an interruption as somebody coughs to get Triple H’s attention. The camera follows Triple H as he spins around and sat on another couch out of view is the owner of the WWE, Chip Butty. Hunter looks back at Michaels ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
I was trying to tell you, man, the boss is here tonight.

Butty stands up and walks over to Triple H and Shawn Michaels as they stand together in the middle of the room. He is smirking as he approaches them and shaking his head slightly ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Is that how it works here then? Triple H comes in and demands something, his good friend and RAW General Manager thinks of a way to make it happen?

HBK looks annoyed at the claim from his boss and shakes his head in denial ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Unfortunately for you, Triple H, I’m here tonight to keep an eye on the General Manager and I can tell you right now – you will NOT be involved in the Elimination Chamber WWE Championship match. You lost your match last week, Morrison won tonight, he will challenge for the title.

TRIPLE H:
Did you see what ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Excuse me, are you interrupting me, Hunter? Let’s get this straight, I’m in charge around here. I’m not a boss whose daughter you can marry so that you can get a leg up in the business.

An audible ‘Oooh’ is heard in the arena as Triple H backs down a little, Butty has made a bit of a point to him there. Hunter looks annoyed by the jibe but he also realises that he needs to back off here ...

CHIP BUTTY:
For your information, I did see your match with Kurt Angle last week and I did see your match with Wade Barrett at the Rumble. I know you’re not happy with the way that you lost those matches, neither am I, but you have to realise that sometimes life in the WWE isn’t fair. For example, I thought it was an interesting that you were even named the Number 1 contender in the first place ...

Butty looks to HBK who again looks annoyed that his boss is questioning the decisions that he has made.

CHIP BUTTY:
Now, correct me if I’m wrong, Shawn, I believe that after the first match of tonight, John Morrison will be challenging for the WWE Championship at the Chamber? And the three losers – Daniel Bryan, Miz and Kurt Angle – will take three of the six spots in the RAW Elimination Chamber match?

HBK nods his head and he opens his mouth to respond but again he is interrupted ...

CHIP BUTTY:
That means there are three spots left in the Chamber then. Sheamus is facing RVD tonight in a Qualifying match?

HBK again nods his head, he seems to have realised that he needs to just allow his boss to continue ...

CHIP BUTTY:
And that match is next up. Also, as we were just discussing, Shawn, before we were interrupted - (Butty looks pointedly towards Hunter) – I’ve decided that Chris Jericho will face Edge in another Elimination Chamber qualifier.

HBK looks on in reluctant agreement as Butty announces the involvement of the Rated R Superstar in the Qualifying for the Chamber match. Butty nods his head and then turns back to Hunter ...

CHIP BUTTY:
That leaves one space in the Elimination Chamber remaining, Hunter, one more space in the match to determine the challenger for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania. You fancy that spot?

Hunter looks quizzically at the boss and decides that he can now suggest something himself ...

TRIPLE H:
I would love a chance to earn that spot in the Chamber match. If the match is fair, if my opponent, whoever he is, doesn’t bring his friends from the locker room down, I’ll face anybody and anyone.

Butty smiles and looks as if he has a plan ...

CHIP BUTTY:
In that case, Hunter, you’ve got a match tonight. And I guarantee, you’ll not have to worry about Angle’s mystery men or facing the whole of Nexus at once. Tonight, Hunter, you will have an Elimination Chamber qualifier in the main event ...

Hunter looks towards Butty with a nod of his head, he still looks a little untrusting though ...

CHIP BUTTY:
... and it will be a Gauntlet Match, Hunter. If you can defeat four men, one after the other, then you will qualify for the Chamber. (Huge heat from the crowd, Hunter looks really annoyed) And your opponents will be – David Otunga, Heath Slater, Skip Sheffield and Ezekiel Jackson. Good luck, man!

As Hunter looks on speechless with rage, Butty pats him on the shoulder and then claps HBK on the back ...

CHIP BUTTY:
As for yourself, Shawn, don’t you have something to do? As I’ve told you already, this is MY office this evening, I am running things. Why don’t you get out there, find Orton and give him my message?

Arrogantly, Butty waves both Triple H and Shawn Michaels out of the office as he sits back down on the couch with a huge grin on his face.

CHIP BUTTY:
I love being in charge!

As Butty’s grinning face fades away and the camera switches back to the ring, more boos can be clearly heard, Butty’s recent actions are not winning him any friends with the WWE Universe. With the ring in the picture now, it is time for the first Elimination Chamber qualifier of the evening ...

*** ONE OF A KIND ***

*** ROB VAN DAM ***

Confident as usual, RVD heads towards the ring pointing his thumbs to himself and claiming that he is heading to WrestleMania as the fans reach out to slap hands with him. Into the ring he goes where he spins around to salute the fans who cheer him. JR and King are discussing how RVD will need to be on top form this evening if he is to put the stop to this man ...

*** WRITTEN IN MY FACE ***

*** SHEAMUS ***
(w/Hornswoggle)

With Hornswoggle running beside him, Sheamus strides out thumping his pale chest ready for action. A replay is shown of Sheamus’ defeat to Daniel Bryan last week and the beating that he laid down on Bryan afterwards as a result. JR suggests that Sheamus has been on a roll recently and that he would be a real danger if he were to be in the Chamber match. The Celtic Warrior steps up into the ring and points to the steps so that Hornswoggle knows where to wait for him.

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
ROB VAN DAM vs. SHEAMUS

RVD comes out of the blocks quickly and he catches the Celtic Warrior by surprise with a barrage of kicks that stagger Sheamus out of his usual rhythm. RVD manages to take Sheamus down several times but he can’t keep him down for long enough before Sheamus catches him with a double axe handle chop and then catches him with the Irish Curse backbreaker that leaves Van Dam squirming on the mat. Sheamus begins to dominate the match now and it is RVD who is trying to make the comebacks; unfortunately for him, he doesn’t have the power of the Celtic Warrior and these comebacks are pretty shortlived. When Sheamus lands several thumps to RVD’s chest whilst he is tied in the ropes, things are looking forlorn for the former ECW hero. A slam to the mat follows and Sheamus backs away to the corner of the ring, he is setting up for the finish now. RVD staggers to his feet and Sheamus runs to him ... BROG ... No! RVD ducks it and Sheamus ends up caught over the top rope instead! RVD surprises Sheamus with a monkey flip as he frees himself from the ropes and then comes off the ropes cartwheeling into a Rolling Thunder splash. RVD gets a 2 count and then he springboards off the ropes to hit a side kick that knocks Sheamus down once more. Sheamus looks furious as he tries to get up again – RVD comes off the ropes and connects with a spinning wheel kick, right on the jaw of Sheamus, his opponent collapses to the mat and RVD senses a chance now. Up to the top rope he goes, RVD is ready to fly ...

Noooooo! Sheamus avoids the contact from the 5-star Frog Splash and RVD eats the mat as he lands awkwardly and with a huge impact. As RVD bounces, Sheamus takes a second to recover whilst his opponent groggily gets to his feet ... BROGUE KICK! SHEAMUS CONNECTS WITH THE BROGUE KICK!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
SHEAMUS (5:17) via pinfall
Sheamus stands central in the ring with a look of delight on his face – he has qualified for the Elimination Chamber match with relative ease here tonight. As RVD rolls away disappointed, Sheamus mocks the crowd and points to himself and then to the WrestleMania 27 sign hanging in the rafters – it is clear that Sheamus believes he is heading to the big event to win the WWE Championship. As the crowd jeer him, Sheamus beckons his mascot, Hornswoggle, into the ring who looks equally excited now. For a change, Hornswoggle didn’t involve himself in the match tonight. JR and King recap the four qualifiers for the Chamber now – Bryan, Angle, Miz and now Sheamus with Edge or Jericho to come as well as, if he can defeat four members of Nexus later, Triple H.

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with an argument ongoing backstage between two of the Elimination Chamber participants – the recently victorious Sheamus and the man who he handed a beatdown to last week, Daniel Bryan. Bryan is upset with Sheamus’ actions last week and they are straining to get to each other but the WWE security are keeping them apart and moving them away from each other. It is clear that these two still have some issues to be resolved ahead of their Chamber contest in just under three weeks time. The camera switches to the interview pit where Josh Matthews awaits ...

JOSH MATTHEWS:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time – the man who will make a decision over whether he joins RAW or SMACKDOWN at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view ... CARLITO!

A small pop for the popular Caribbean who comes into view with an apple that he is throwing up and down in his right hand. He is smiling as he comes into the interview area ...

JOSH MATTHEWS:
Last week on RAW, Carlito, you teamed up with RVD last week to defeat Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins but tonight, you have your first singles match. Your thoughts?

CARLITO:
Ju’ know, last week, I teamed with RVD and dat was cool, man. My first match back here on RAW and I was a winner. I told everybody dat I would wrestle on both RAW and SMACKDOWN and den make a decision about which brand to choose. But do ju’ know what was not cool? (Carlito pauses for a moment before continuing on) Michael Cole, dat is what is not cool. (Big cheers for this comment from Carlito) I am trying to make up my mind about whether to join RAW or SMACKDOWN and he does not wanna’ give me a match? Dat’s seriously uncool, man.

JOSH MATTHEWS:
Carlito, does that mean that you’re going to be deciding to join RAW?

Carlito smiles a little and nods his head, he appears to be answering positively.

CARLITO:
For sure, RAW is in da’ lead right now. Ju’ people here on RAW seem to want Carlito, ju’ wanna see Carlito here. Michael Cole didn’t give me even a match on SMACKDOWN. Here on RAW, tonight, I face Ted DiBiase ... (Carlito pauses for the boos) ... DiBiase may not be cool but he could be the United States Champione in a few weeks time. If I can beat him tonight, ju’ may see that RAW could be my destination and I could get a shot at da’ title.

Carlito bites a chunk out of his apple before crunching it down and looking to the camera with a big smile on his face ...

CARLITO:
Now dat’ ... Dat’ would be cool.

Carlito nods his head to Matthews and leaves with the interviewer thanking him in the background as RAW returns to the ring where it is time for Carlito’s match ...

*** I COME FROM MONEY ***

*** TED DIBIASE ***

Smirking after he just listened to the comments of his opponent tonight, DiBiase heads out to the ring with the Million Dollar Title draped over his shoulder as JR and King remind us that he could be adding to his gold in the form of the US Championship very soon. JR reminds us that DiBiase defeated Daniel Bryan at the Rumble in a Ladder match and now has the right to face Justin Gabriel for the US Championship at a time of his choosing. King clears up some misunderstanding – he has to give Gabriel notice, it’s not like the Money in the Bank contract, before further discussion goes on about when it could happen. DiBiase poses in the ring as the lights dim and a bright green dollar sign is projected into the ring – reminiscent of the olden days in the WWF when his father, the Million Dollar Man, used to have dollar signs accompanying him to the ring. DiBiase hands the title over to the referee before turning to wait for his opponent ...

*** COOL ***

*** CARLITO ***

To another mild pop, out comes Carlito looking for his first singles win since his return to the WWE at the Royal Rumble eight days ago. Carlito is still carrying the apple that he took a bite out of before and he salutes the fans as he heads to the ring before grinning at them from the ropes. JR and King suggest that Carlito would be a great addition to the RAW roster and that SMACKDOWN General Manager Michael Cole must be mad to not feature him on the blue brand.

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
CARLITO vs. TED DIBIASE

Both men circle each other as the referee signals for the bell before tying up and trying to get the upper hand in the match early. There is nothing between them and, after a few moments, DiBiase changes tack and he shoves Carlito hard in the chest instead so that the Caribbean falls onto his backside instead. Shaking his head, Carlito gets back to his feet and squares up to DiBiase who has words for him over his claims that he will win tonight and insert himself into the US Championship picture down the line. Carlito is never lost for a reply and then DiBiase slaps Carlito hard before taking advantage of the shock caused to take the upper hand. DiBiase then goes on to dominate the early stages and gets a number of close 2 counts as he looks to put Carlito away quickly. However, a problem occurs for the US Championship Number 1 contender when he ducks early to hit a flapjack and Carlito counters with a swinging neckbreaker followed by a springboard moonsault that almost gets him the win.

As the match heads towards its conclusion, DiBiase regains the advantage with a spinebuster pin that gets him 2 followed by a running powerslam that also gets him a 2 count. Frustrated, DiBiase tries to go for the Dreamstreet finisher but Carlito counters with an armdrag and then as DiBiase looks for a clothesline, Carlito ducks, comes off the ropes and hits a springboard reverse elbow that takes his opponent down. Stalking DiBiase, it is clear that Carlito is setting for the Backstabber but DiBiase grabs the ropes instead and Carlito’s attempt fails ... DREAMSTREET! DIBIASE HITS DREAMSTREET TO A DAZED CARLITO!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
TED DIBIASE (4:38) via pinfall
Carlito’s first singles match since his return ends in defeat as a smug look of superiority spreads over the face of DiBiase, his good run of form continuing again tonight. As his money plays out around the arena, DiBiase signals that he will be the next US Champion as we see a shot of Justin Gabriel, ready for his match against Wade Barrett later tonight, who has been watching on. He pats his US Championship belt as he looks at the TV screen and shakes his head before walking away. As the camera returns to DiBiase, he smirks, his plan is working. But, as JR reminds us, when will he take his chance to face Gabriel for the gold?

The camera switches backstage once more and we see a limosine pulling into the parking lot that the crowd begin to boo – it is obvious who this must be. The door opens and out steps Michael Cole, the SMACKDOWN General Manager, as well as John Cena, SMACKDOWN’s Royal Rumble winner. Huge boos and jeers around the arena as Cena looks on smugly, he pats Michael Cole on the back and they begin to walk towards the backstage area – ten security guards appear and surround Cena and Cole as they make their way into the arena to ensure that there will be no trouble between Cena and a certain Mr. Orton tonight as we head into a commercial ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with a replay of Cole and Cena’s arrival as JR and King hype up Cena’s big proposition for Randy Orton tonight, what could that proposition be? And where is Randy Orton tonight? Does he know that John Cena has arrived on RAW?

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** WADE BARRETT ***
(w/Nexus) | WWE Champion

Accompanied this time by the Nexus team, Barrett heads out looking confident with the WWE Championship belt strapped arounf his waist. King and JR replay the closing moments of the Number 1 contender match which opened the show where we see a surprise win for John Morrison as he caught Kurt Angle with a roll up before we see Morrison and Barrett looking at each other after the match. Barrett appears to not be worried in the slightest about his Elimination Chamber challenger as he stands in the centre of the ring with the Nexus stood behind him, backing him up as always, Skip Sheffield, Ezekiel Jackson, David Otunga and Heath Slater. JR and King say that tonight will be interesting as former Nexus member Justin Gabriel faces Barrett and there have been a few strange issues between Nexus and Gabriel lately ...

*** AFRICA RISING ***

*** JUSTIN GABRIEL ***
US Champion

The South African, growing in popularity recently, heads out to the ring and holds his US Championship belt up high for the WWE Universe to see. JR and King elaborate on the problems with Nexus and Gabriel and say that it seems as if Nexus is trying to protect Gabriel – at the Rumble for example – and are maybe trying to persuade him to come back to the group. However, Gabriel wants nothing to do with them and is focused on his US Championship where he is due to meet Ted DiBiase in the near future. Gabriel jumps into the ring after saluting the fans, it is time for a non-title champion vs. champion match. As Gabriel prepares, Nexus head over to him and Skip Sheffield offers him a handshake. Gabriel refuses and tells them to stay out of his business as Barrett looks on with a slight look of anger in his face over his team’s actions. The referee ushers Nexus out of the ring and they station themselves around the outside, ominously, as the bell rings ...

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
JUSTIN GABRIEL vs. WADE BARRETT (w/Nexus)

Nexus stay out of the contest and what a close one it turns out to be as Gabriel takes it to the WWE Champion big time as he looks for a huge breakout win that will elevate his status. Whatever Barrett does, it seems that Gabriel has an answer and with Nexus reluctant to cause any kind of distraction, it seems as if Barrett cannot get a foothold in the match. Gabriel’s speed and agility means that he can avoid the power moves of Barrett and this frustrates the WWE Champion. Consequently, he makes mistakes and this leads to a near fall when Barrett misses with a huge right hand and Gabriel takes advantage with a combination of kicks to take Barrett down to his knees, then a DDT that drives Barrett’s forehead into the mat. Barrett recovers at 2 but it seems Gabriel is on top of this one. As Barrett catches his breath in the corner, Gabriel rushes over and hits a step up enzuguri kick that staggers Barrett again, up the ropes goes the South African ... Hurricanrana! 1 ... 2 ... No! So close for Justin Gabriel! The match continues and the frustration builds for Barrett as Gabriel is out-thinking and out-working him until he suddenly catches him coming off the ropes with a huge side slam. A smug look spreads over his face as he finally grounds Gabriel before he steps back and hits a stiff kick to the side of the head as well for good measure. He sets up for Wastelands but Gabriel uses his elbows to wriggle clear and drop behind Barrett, roll up from Gabriel ... 1 ... 2 ... Oh! Nearly! Barrett rolls out of the ring, he needs time to compose himself but he isn’t going to get it – Gabriel leaps onto the top rope and springboards out of the ring into a moonsault ... Barrett reacts instinctively as he sees Gabriel coming towards him and he pulls Heath Slater into the way instead and he is taken out by the moonsault instead. Gabriel looks down at Slater with a look of confusion but then Barrett sticks him in the side of the head again with a big boot before savagely going on the attack with right hands.

The referee is counting the pair of them out – Gabriel is down and taking a battering now from the WWE Champion as Nexus look after Slater who was taken down with the moonsault a moment ago. Finally, Barrett heeds the referee’s words and he rolls Gabriel back into the ring as well as himself. Barrett looks out to his Nexus team and there is little bit of tension in the air, Slater looks less than impressed over what just happened, but Barrett waves it off and says it was part and parcel of being out there. As Gabriel slowly gets up, Barrett lifts him onto his shoulder and sets up ... WASTELANDS! BARRETT SLAMS GABRIEL DOWN TO THE MAT WITH WASTELANDS!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
WADE BARRETT (6:47) via pinfall
Barrett is delighted with his win and he smirks as he holds up his WWE Championship despite the heat and the jeers he is now getting from the WWE Universe. Nexus roll back into the ring and Barrett goes over to Heath Slater and he claps him on the back, Slater seems OK with him now, they stand together as Gabriel sneaks away from the ring holding the back of his head, disappointed to have lost. As he looks back at the ring, Otunga looks to him with a look of admiration on his face – what is going on with Nexus and Gabriel here? RAW switches gear now as we head to the interview area where Josh Mathews is stood waiting again ...

JOSH MATHEWS:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time ... the Viper, RANDY ORTON!

Huge pop for the Viper as he comes into view, a look of quiet contemplation on his face as he prepares to hear what Cena has to say later tonight ...

JOSH MATHEWS:
Randy, he’s here tonight. John Cena is in the arena, we’ve seen him arrive, he has a proposition for you. What are you planning to do tonight?

Orton nods his head as he thinks carefully about his answer ...

RANDY ORTON:
Josh, I’d be lying if I said I was calm and collected right now. For months, John Cena has ducked me, screwed me and cheated me. And tonight, he thinks he can just show up here on RAW and I’m going to stand there and listen to him? The voices in my head aren’t telling me to stand still and be a good boy, Josh, they’re telling me to RKO Cena over and over again. (Pop from the arena who are in agreement) They’re telling me to RKO him and then punt him in the skull so hard that he won’t make WrestleMania 28 never mind WrestleMania 27.

JOSH MATHEWS:
But Randy, with all due respect, you can’t do that, can you? You’ve been warned that you must not ...

Orton twitches, something annoying him about Matthews’ comment. He stares out into the space, a look of intensity in his eyes ...

RANDY ORTON:
I know what I’ve been warned to do, Josh. But do you know what? I think it’s funny that I’m reminded not to touch Cena but nothing seems to be happening when Cena interferes in my business. Have you noticed that? Cena is a coward. He hides behind Chip Butty, he hides behind Michael Cole, he hides behind rules that suit him and he has everything made for him here in WWE. He thinks that he is safe because he surrounds himself with security personnel tonight? He thinks that Chip Butty’s warnings to me make him safe? There’s an old saying, Cena, it goes like this: ‘Desperate men do desperate things’ and do you know what? I’m desperate. I’m desperate to make you pay. I’m desperate to make you suffer. I’m desperate to hit you with an RKO and I’m desperate to punt you in the skull. You’ve cheated me out of the WWE Championship, you’ve cheated me out of the WrestleMania main event and you’ve cheated me out of the Royal Rumble. I think it is time that you ...

Orton is distracted as the RAW General Manager Shawn Michaels comes into view. To describe the relationship between these two as frosty would be an understatement, Orton does not trust HBK at all. HBK looks apologetic but he has a message to deliver from Chip Butty ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
Randy, I know that you’re desperate to get your hands on Cena but you need to listen to me. I have a message from Ch ...

RANDY ORTON:
You know what, Michaels? Maybe I don’t care? I don’t trust you, you were the one who made that match back at Survivor Series – Team Orton vs. Nexus. You made it for the WWE Championship, you tried to force me to work with Cena to defend my title. Like I’ve already said, I don’t care what you have to say and what warnings Chip Butty has about suspending me from WrestleMania 27. I’m not in the main event, I’m not in the title situation.

HBK sighs and holds up his hands.

SHAWN MICHAELS:
Trust me, Randy, nobody regrets the decision I made before the Survivor Series more than I do. If I’d known what Cena was planning to do ...

HBK shakes his head over the situation as Orton stares at him intensely ...

SHAWN MICHAELS:
But this isn’t about WrestleMania 27, Randy. Chip Butty has told me to tell you that if you touch John Cena tonight ... (HBK sighs again, he clearly doesn’t agree with this) ... well, he says he is going to fire you.

Huge boos and jeers for this announcement as Orton stares at HBK, that makes the situation more grave for Orton than it was. Surely he won’t risk losing his entire career over this? The camera zooms in on a thoughtful looking Orton, his eyes flickering with anger, as he considers his actions. The camera switches to the locker room where Matt Striker is stood with the new Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship, John Morrison ...

MATT STRIKER:
John, congratulations, man! Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship!

Striker and Morrison slap hands, the interviewer is clearly pleased for one of the nicest guys in the business. Morrison removes his shades and speaks into the microphone ...

JOHN MORRISON:
Matt, I feel amazing, I’m going to be challenging for the WWE Championship in three weeks! This is my chance, you know? For the past year, I’ve been working my butt off to get an opportunity like this and now I have it. Wade Barrett, he can guarantee that at the Elimination Chamber, he is in for the fight of his life!

The smile on Morrison’s face seems fixed, he can’t stop smiling. However, the afore mentioned Wade Barrett walks into the locker room and the atmosphere changes a little. Morrison prepares for a fight but it is not needed as Barrett just wants a word. He looks at Morrison with a smirk and then holds the WWE Championship ...

WADE BARRETT:
You know what, John? I’m going to go ahead and congratulate you on your win. I’m looking forward to our match at the Elimination Chamber, do you know why? (Morrison moves a step closer to Barrett) It’s going to be a walk in the park. John, you’re just a high flying guy who is overachieving big time and at Elimination Chamber I will prove to the world that you are not worthy of being in the main event. You think you deserve to be the WWE Champion? You think that you deserve to defend this title at WrestleMania 27?

Morrison looks longingly at the WWE Championship with a fire in his eyes after Barrett’s comments.

JOHN MORRISON:
Do I think I deserve it? You better believe I do, Wade. I’ve worked my ass off for years to get to this point and I will not waste it. But I have a question for you – do you deserve to defend the WWE Championship at WrestleMania? (Barrett’s eyes flicker with anger) You see, I’ve been watching you, Wade, I’ve been watching your reign as WWE Champion and it’s pretty clear to me ... You don’t deserve to hold that title.

WADE BARRETT:
John, John, John, you’re speaking drivel now, you should know that ...

JOHN MORRISON:
I should know what, Wade? I know a few things. I know that if it wasn’t for John Cena stabbing Randy Orton in the back at Survivor Series, you would never have won it. I know that Justin Gabriel played a huge part in you winning the title as well. Wade, I know that whenever you’ve defended that title since – against Orton, Angle, Triple H – I know that you’ve relied on Nexus every time to rescue you and save your title. Now you tell me again, do you deserve to defend that title at WrestleMania?

Barrett is seething with rage but he has no answer right now, Morrison presses home his advantage ...

JOHN MORRISON:
I think, Wade, deep down inside, you know it too. At Elimination Chamber, why not prove it? At Elimination Chamber, Wade, face me one on one, no Nexus, no outside interference. Leave your muscle men behind, face me one on one and prove that you deserve to headline WrestleMania 27. Unless you know that you can’t Wade ...

Morrison looks into the WWE Champion’s eyes and he waits for an answer but Barrett stays silent and simply turns and walks out of the locker room. It seems that Morrison has just gotten the better of their first war of words as the build up to the Elimination Chamber starts to heat up here on RAW and we head into a commercial break with the news that next up will be the Elimination Chamber Qualifying match between two WWE legends – Chris Jericho and Edge.

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with the camera focused on the ring as we get ready for the next match of the evening ...

*** METALINGUS ***

*** EDGE ***

As his pyro explodes behind him and the smoke begins to clear, Edge strides confidently to the ring with a smile on his face. JR and King remind us that despite the reluctance of HBK to give Edge this opportunity tonight, it was the WWE owner Chip Butty who made the match and gave Edge the chance to earn his spot in the Elimination Chamber. The Rated R Superstar stands on the ropes and raise his rock horns to the crowd who boo and jeer him, he still remains unpopular for his recent actions.

*** 5 ***
*** 4 ***
*** 3 ***
*** 2 ***
*** 1 ***

*** BREAK THE WALLS DOWN ***

*** CHRIS JERICHO ***

More explosions as Jericho makes his way out, another man with a murky past few months, but he is cheered by the crowd after his recent change in attitude. Back in his Y2J persona, Jericho is stood with his back to the audience and his arms out before he turns to walk down to the ring, slapping hands with the fans as he walks. Standing at the foot of the ramp, Jericho looks up and smirks at Edge before he reveals that he has a microphone and raises it to signal for his music to be faded out ...

CHRIS JERICHO:
Welcome to ... RAW ... IS ... JERICHO!

Huge pop for Jericho as he brings back one of his legendary catchphrases and he smirks as he stands there taking in the adulation of the fans. Meanwhile, Edge stands in the ring with a look of annoyance on his face as Y2J makes him wait ...

CHRIS JERICHO:
Lexington, Kentucky ... (Cheap pop for Y2J) ... let me tell you this, Y2J has been waiting for months for this moment ... And I know that all of you Jerichoholics have been waiting years for this moment ... tonight, Y2J will prove once more that I am the best in the world and I will qualify for the Elimination Chamber ...

Jericho steps up the ring steps as he continues to speak as he enters the ring opposite from Edge who is urging the referee to start the match.

CHRIS JERICHO:
You quieten down a minute, junior, let me finish first ... (The referee has to restrain Edge as Jericho smirks at him) ... You come out here with your rock horns but let me tell you something – there is only one guy here in the WWE who is the true ... ‘Ayatollah ... of Rock n’ Rolla’ ...

More cheers for Jericho as he tries to get under the skin of his opponent tonight ...

CHRIS JERICHO:
... and tonight, in front of all of these Jerichoholics in attendance here, I will show everybody that the Rated R Superstar is actually a Rated R ... jackass!

Edge snaps and he rushes over and attacks Jericho with a look of fury on his face. As the microphone crashes down to the mat, Edge starts to pound away furiously at the face of Y2J as the crowd rise to their feet in excitement. The referee urges Edge to leave it but he ignores him and continues to beat down Jericho before he pops him off to the ropes and hits a flapjack. With Y2J down and recovering in the corner, Edge pulls back and waits in the corner ... SPEAR! EDGE HITS THE SPEAR TO JERICHO! Edge hooks the leg but the referee is shaking his head and castigating Edge for his actions instead of counting – the match never got started here. Edge is furious and he tries to intimidate the referee over the lack of a 3 count. Angered, Edge drops out of the ring as the referee signals that the match never started to the WWE Universe ...

Quote:
SINGLES MATCH
CHRIS JERICHO vs. EDGE

WINNER:
NO CONTEST
Edge is on the outside as Jericho recovers a little in the ring, Y2J’s words seem to have angered him. He grabs a steel chair and things step up in severity as he slides back into the ring looking to use it. The referee is trying to hold him back as he prepares to make use of the chair but Edge shoves the referee over and he topples out of the ring through the ropes. Edge holds the chair and waits for Jericho to spin round ... he swings but Jericho ducks under the chair ... CODEBREAKER! JERICHO HITS THE CODEBREAKER! Edge’s head snaps back and then Jericho picks up the chair as well, he is ready to use it on Edge now! As Jericho prepares to strike, there is a commotion as Sheamus comes hurtling towards the ring. The Celtic Warrior hits an axe handle to the back of the head of Jericho and he falls to the floor without using the chair ... However, here comes Daniel Bryan as well! Two Elimination Chamber qualifiers and two guys who should have been involved in a Qualifying match tonight as well. Bryan goes after Sheamus and all hell breaks loose now as all four men fight in the centre of the ring, Sheamus and Edge teaming against Jericho and Daniel Bryan before officials and security spill out into the ring to split the four men up. Finally, they manage to restore order but it is clear that there are many issues between them that may need to be resolved down the line – JR and King discuss what this means for one of the spots in the Chamber as we move forward towards the pay-per-view ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns with the cameras in the backstage area where we see Kurt Angle stood in the locker room with the two mystery men from last week. Angle is speaking to them in hushed tones as the camera rolls and then in walks Matt Striker. From the look of Angle and the two guys with him, they were expecting him ...

MATT STRIKER:
Kurt, you wanted some time to speak to the WWE Universe?

Angle takes the microphone from Striker and then he shoves him aside, it appears Angle wants to address the WWE Universe himself without the distraction of the interviewer, Striker. He beckons to the two mystery men to stand either side of him and then he prepares to speak to the WWE Universe watching on the titantron and back at home on the TV ...

KURT ANGLE:
I’m sure you all saw these two men on RAW last week, I’ve been barraged with texts, emails and Tweets all week about their identity. Now, you all know that I am a passionate believer in the three I’s ... (Boos for the mention of the 3 I’s) ... Intensity. Integrity. Intelligence. I’m not sure how many of these morons in Lexington understand the importance of these principles but let me assure you that they remain an integral part of my life.

Angle smirks as the Lexington crowd chant ‘Angle sucks!’ before shaking his head and continuing.

KURT ANGLE:
You see, I was fed up of people taking cheap shots at me so I decided that I needed to protect myself. People like Triple H and Randy Orton will never again be able to take me down as I have these two men here to watch my back. They display all three of the principles that I believe in, they are committed to being part of ... ‘Team Angle Version 2’ ... and I know that they will help me to regain the WWE Championship.

Heat for the two men and Angle at the announcement of ‘Team Angle v2’ and Angle’s announcement that he plans to win the WWE Championship again. Angle beckons his two team-mates forward to showcase them ...

KURT ANGLE:
Allow me to introduce them. First up, this man here is truly perfection. He is the son of former WWE legend, Mr. Perfect, he is a man who I know I can count on. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you ... JOE HENNIG!

Boos echo around the arena as Hennig looks on and smirks. He shakes his head at the reaction from the WWE Universe and laughs as Angle mutters something that the microphone does not pick up. Next up, the other guy steps up a little so he can be introduced ...

KURT ANGLE:
And this man here, this is ... PERCY WATSON. Both of these men are superstars of the future, two men who will go on to win World Championships. They will get chance to learn from myself, I will teach them the importance of integrity, intensity and intelligence.

Both Percy Watson and Joe Hennig nod their heads in agreement, they are clearly delighted to be working with and learning from the Olympic gold medal winner. Angle inclines his head to both men in turn and then faces the camera one more time to flash an arrogant grin as RAW rolls on and the camera switches back to the ring ...

*** TIME TO PLAY THE GAME ***

*** TRIPLE H ***

The crowd pop big time as the Game, the Cerebral Assassin himself, Triple H heads towards the ring where he is looking to secure himself a spot in the Elimination Chamber match and a shot at the WWE Championship come WrestleMania 27. However, as King and JR remind us, winning a place in the Chamber match is not going to be easy for Hunter – he faces a Gauntlet match against all four of Wade Barrett’s Nexus team in order to qualify. Hunter looks less than impressed as he heads towards the ring but he spits water in the air and salutes the crowd as usual before he turns towards the referee and tells him to get the first guy out here ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** SKIP SHEFFIELD ***

Out heads Skip Sheffield, one of the Nexus powerhouses as they look to find a way to defeat Triple H and keep him out of the RAW Elimination Chamber match and therefore out of the WrestleMania 27 WWE Championship picture. Looking fired up, as Nexus always seem to do, Skip gets into the ring and he has some words for Hunter as he mouths off at him and declares that he will never ever be the WWE Champion again. Triple H smirks at the audacity of the inexperienced Sheffield and simply bides his time until the referee rings the bell and the match begins ...

Quote:
GAUNTLET MATCH – 1 OF 4
TRIPLE H vs. SKIP SHEFFIELD

A severe test for Triple H in the first part of the Gauntlet match as he goes up against the ‘Cornfed Collossus’ Skip Sheffield who brings his power game to challenge the Game. It appears that the Nexus’ thinking is that Skip will be able to wear down Triple H first off and this certainly proves the case as he weathers the early momentum from the Game to take control and it looks as if Hunter is struggling to get past the first match of the potential four in the Gauntlet match. Sheffield goes close to defeating Triple H when he hits a huge clothesline that almost knocks Hunter out of his boots but he fails with the pinfall as Hunter shows resilience to kick out at 2. Sheffield hits powerslams over and over as he looks to finish Hunter and get a big win for himself to propel him up the ladder. However, Triple H shows his abilities as he catches Skip with an Atomic Drop before a spinebuster follows to buy him some recovery time. As Skip groggily gets to his feet, Hunter kicks him in the gut and sets him up ... PEDIGREE! TRIPLE H HITS THE PEDIGREE!

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
TRIPLE H (6:38) via pinfall
Triple H rolls away and celebrates his first victory of four needed by retreating to the corner and taking some deep breaths as he looks to recover from a hard fought first match. Skip Sheffield though is annoyed and he brings a steel chair into the ring and stalks Triple H. Hunter senses him, spins and ducks underneath the attempted chair shot to the skull before kicking him in the gut once again ... PEDIGREE! A SECOND PEDIGREE FOR SKIP SHEFFIELD! Triple H kicks Skip out of the ring and throws the chair over the top rope after him, Triple H is glad to see the back of him. However, he is only 25% of the way to victory here tonight. The Nexus theme sounds out again and signals the arrival of his second opponent ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** EZEKIEL JACKSON ***

As soon as Jackson rolls into the ring, Triple H goes on the attack and kicks him hard in the head. The referee signals for the bell and the second match is underway ...

Quote:
GAUNTLET MATCH – 2 OF 4
TRIPLE H vs. EZEKIEL JACKSON

Triple H appears to be bang in the groove now and he pounds away on a stunned Jackson as he looks to put him away quickly and decisively. However, despite several big moves from the Game, he is unable to put Jackson away and then the Guyanan Goliath is able to counter with some well placed elbows before he hits the German Suplex to Triple H and holds on ... 1 ... 2 ... Kick out from the Game! Jackson tosses Triple H into the ropes and then goes for a swinging right hand but the Game ducks under it and then whips Jackson to the ropes instead ... Flapjack! Triple H hits the flapjack to Jackson and then waits for him to get back to his feet. Kick to the gut, here we go again, Triple H sets up ... BAM! TRIPLE H IS SMASHED HARD IN THE BACK BY SKIP SHEFFIELD WITH A STEEL CHAIR! The referee looks shocked but then signals for the bell, Triple H wins again with a disqualification ...

WINNER:
TRIPLE H (2:46) via disqualification
Triple H is face down on the mat and is clutching his back as Skip stands over him with a look of fury in his eyes. Ezekiel Jackson slowly stands up and he slaps hands with Skip before looking down on Triple H as well. As the crowd boo and jeer, Skip drags Triple H up to his feet and then feeds him to Jackson who lifts him onto his shoulders ... TORTURE RACK! JACKSON STRETCHES HUNTER IN THE TORTURE RACK! Triple H is in real pain here and the referee is demanding that the Nexus members stop the assault ... Jackson drops Triple H down and the Game is writhing on the mat as he tries to recover ...

*** WE ARE ONE ***

*** DAVID OTUNGA ***

Here comes the third member of Nexus, this time it is the A-lister, David Otunga. As he steps up the ring steps, he looks impressed with the state of Triple H and applauds Big Zeke. However, this is not over as up gets Triple H slowly ... CLOTHESLINE FROM SKIP SHEFFIELD! Skip’s clothesline to Hunter almost smashes his jaw as he connects. With Triple H in a crumpled heap on the mat, Jackson and Sheffield step out of the ring and they leave Otunga to take their place for the next stage of the Gauntlet match. The referee doesn’t want to but he has no choice and he signals for the bell for the third part ...

Quote:
GAUNTLET MATCH – 3 OF 4
TRIPLE H vs. DAVID OTUNGA

Otunga waits for the bell and then barrels into the weakened Triple H and knocks him flying into the turnbuckles as he attempts to get to his feet. Otunga smashes Hunter over and over with right forearms as he looks for a quick win to end this Gauntlet match but his suplexes fail – three times he hits big suplexes, three times Hunter refuses to lie down and kicks out at 2. Frustration is building for Otunga and then he gets caught with a spinebuster by Triple H and the crowd go wild as they see that Hunter is heading towards the fourth match. Otunga slows him down though with a rake of the eyes and Hunter, the effects of the match now catching up with him, is caught out as he walks straight into Otunga’s big finisher ... THE VERDICT THRUST SPINEBUSTER! OTUNGA HITS THE VERDICT! He hooks Triple H’s leg and makes the cover ... 1 ... 2 ... Triple H stuns the arena by kicking out again! The referee is checking on both guys when he is suddenly shoved over and through the ropes, the camera pans around and we see that Heath Slater, the man scheduled to be the fourth man to face Hunter, has just shoved the referee out of the ring. The crowd boo and jeer but it isn’t going to make any difference. Slater and Otunga begin to lay the boots to Triple H while the referee is out of the ring, the crowd are sending powerful heat raining down on the pair of them but Slater and Otunga don’t give a damn. Slater notices the referee is stirring and he quickly exits the ring and goes to revive the referee more. As the referee is helped back into the ring, Hunter groggily gets to his feet, he is really struggling ... OTUNGA HITS THE VERDICT AGAIN! ANOTHER THRUST SPINEBUSTER! Otunga hooks the leg again ...

** 1 **
** 2 **
** 3 **

WINNER:
DAVID OTUNGA (3:54) via pinfall
A stunned shock reverberates around the arena as Nexus manage to defeat Triple H in the main event and deny him his place in the Elimination Chamber match. The Nexus pair of Otunga and Slater exit quickly and they back away up the ramp where Sheffield and Jackson also come back out to congratulate them. As Triple H comes around and realises what has happened, he looks pissed off as he looks out at the celebrating Nexus foursome. Worse is to come as the WWE Champion Wade Barrett also heads out from backstage and he joins his team-mates on the ramp. Barrett looks straight out into the ring where Hunter is looking angered, he holds the WWE Championship up high and smirks at Triple H as he mocks him. Nexus watch on as Barrett continues to taunt Triple H and mock his failure to secure a spot in the Elimination Chamber tonight ...

*** COMMERCIAL BREAK ***

RAW returns from the final commercial of the night with the camera focused on the ring ready for John Cena’s proposition for Randy Orton to end the show tonight ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

*** JOHN CENA ***
(w/Michael Cole) | 2011 Royal Rumble winner

Huge heat for Cena as he heads out towards the ring accompanied by the grinning SMACKDOWN General Manager, Michael Cole. Bearing a t-shirt that reads ‘BETTER THAN EVER’ and a ‘YOU CAN’T SEE ME’ logo on the back, Cena heads towards the ring looking confident over his safety. As he nears the ring, behind him we see ten security men following and they station themselves around the ring as Cena taunts the fans and declares that he will be the next World Heavyweight Champion. He grabs a microphone and then signals for his music to be faded as Cole also takes a microphone ...

JOHN CENA:
Wow, this is great. John Cena is back on Monday Night RAW!

The crowd here in Lexington respond with boos and jeers that must be hurting Cena’s ears, they’re so loud. Cena smirks though and makes an off the record comment to Michael Cole that makes the General Manager laugh. Cena continues on ...

JOHN CENA:
And it is a double treat for you all here tonight – the greatest General Manager in the history of the WWE is also here on RAW! Michael Cole!

Cole waves as Cena introduces him, what on earth has happened to Cena nowadays? He pats Cole on the shoulder as the crowd respond with nuclear heat here, they are not impressed and they let Cena know it. However, he is not interested and he mocks them by laughing ...

JOHN CENA:
You don’t like hearing the truth here in Kentucky do you? You know what, Michael, these type of fans are exactly the reason I despise the WWE Universe nowadays. They expect you to suck up to them, they expect you to lie and feed them a bunch of catchphrases just so that they can then expect you to shake their hands, sign their autograph books and pose for photos with their ugly children.

Cole laughs as Cena continues ...

JOHN CENA:
Here you go, Lexington ... Here is a catchphrase for you all ... YOU CAN’T SEE ME!

Cena waves his hand over his face as the WWE Universe boo and jeer him some more. Cole is laughing hard beside him and the two of them actually high five each other ...

JOHN CENA:
How about another one? In a couple of months time, after WrestleMania 27 is over, this is one you’re going to hear from me ... THE CHAMP ... IS ... HERE!

A loud ‘Cena sucks!’ chant begins as Cena laughs some more with Cole in the ring, the crowd here are sick of listening to Cena already ...

JOHN CENA:
And that is why I am here tonight. At WrestleMania 27, because I won the Royal Rumble, I have a World Championship match with whoever the World Champion is. I am ready to focus on this match now, I am sick to death of having to deal with Randy Orton who just will not go away ...

The crowd cheer at the mention of Orton and an ‘RKO! RKO!’ chant also begins ...

JOHN CENA:
You see, I would have thought that Orton would have given up by now. I took his WWE Championship from him, I left RAW and joined SMACKDOWN because I had continually proved that I was a better man than him, I beat him at Vengeance, I destroyed him at the Royal Rumble, I won the Royal Rumble when he was stupid enough to come back to the ring and I am now the Number 1 contender for the World Championship. Randy Orton should realise that he is not in my league, he should focus on facing some loser here on RAW that he might be able to beat ...

Cole laughs again at the jibe at RAW from the once revered Cena ...

JOHN CENA:
But, you know what, he just won’t give it up. He believes in his heart that he can beat me and he won’t go away until he does. So, tonight, I have a proposition for Orton, I have an announcement that I want to make right here, right now. So, Orton, why don’t you come out here, stand in the ring like a good boy and listen to what I have to say ...

*** VOICES ***

*** RANDY ORTON ***

Cena’s comments are interrupted as Orton takes the first chance to come out here and he storms out of the backstage area and walks down to the ring with a real purpose. Security step up ready and Cena beckons to four of them to get into the ring for added protection. As Orton steps through the ropes and into the ring, Cena stands behind four security men and he visibly tells Orton to stay back. Orton looks wild with rage, he wants to kill Cena and he is so close to him here. As Orton strains against the security men as they hold him back, we see Chip Butty running down the ramp as well, the WWE owner gets booed and jeered as well as he approaches the ring. Butty runs up the steps and he has a microphone ...

CHIP BUTTY:
Orton! Orton! Orton, you better listen to me right now. I meant what I told Shawn Michaels earlier today. If you touch Cena, I will fire you on the spot, right here, right now. You better back down right now.

A look of rage passes across Orton’s face once more and he twitches as he has to hold himself back and keep away from attacking Cena who looks at him, over the security men, with a smug look on his face.

MICHAEL COLE:
Yeah, Randy, back off right now!

Cole smirks at Orton as he takes a step back, he realises that his career in the WWE is worth more than one attack on John Cena right now. Much as he wants to rip Cena apart right now, Orton backs away to the ropes to hear Cena’s proposition ...

JOHN CENA:
That’s better, Randy. Keep calm, it isn’t so difficult is it?

Orton’s rage reappears and he again takes steps towards Cena as the security are forced to hold him back once more ... Cena is deliberately goading him here and Orton is struggling to stay in control.

JOHN CENA:
Orton, listen to me, I’ll keep this short and sweet. I’m sick of this. I’m sick of you wanting to prove something to me. In nine weeks time, I am challenging for the World Championship and it is time for me to put this all behind me. I don’t need all of this bad blood with you.

Orton mouths off at Cena and tells him that the bad blood between them will never disappear but Cena carries on ...

JOHN CENA:
So here is what I am proposing to you, Orton. We end this once and for all. Elimination Chamber, you’ve not got a match, I’ve not got a match, let us sort this out once and for all.

Orton is smiling at this idea, he is already nodding his head and accepting the challenge.

JOHN CENA:
There is one condition though, Orton. Are you listening to this Michael Cole? Mr. Butty?

Cena looks at both the authority figures in the ring and they nod their heads to affirm that they are listening ...

JOHN CENA:
The condition is, Orton, we go one on one at the Elimination Chamber ... but it’s the last time ever.

Orton looks quizzically at Cena, waiting for more information here ...

JOHN CENA:
One final time, no rematches, no more sneak attacks ... Just me, you, a referee and one match to a finish. No disqualification. No countouts. Orton vs. Cena to the end. What do you say?

Orton is smirking as if Christmas comes early, this is everything that he wanted and many people are clearly wondering why Cena is offering this.

JOHN CENA:
You get your match with me, your chance to prove yourself one more time. I get to beat you one more time and end this before I head to WrestleMania. Are we on, Orton? What do you say?

Orton walks across to the owner of the WWE, Chip Butty, grabs his microphone and snarls into it ...

RANDY ORTON:
You’re on, Cena. You bet that you’re on. And this time, for the final time, I will give you the beating that you deserve, you won’t even make it to ...

JOHN CENA:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Orton. I knew you’d say that. So we’re confirmed then. Elimination Chamber. Randy Orton. John Cena. One match, one final match, to a finish, the end of the line. You got that, Michael? Mr. Butty?

Once again, Cena looks to Butty and Cole who nod their heads. It appears to be official now, Cena will face Orton at the Elimination Chamber and the crowd are loving it.

JOHN CENA:
That’s decided then, Orton. I’ll see you at Elimination Chamber.

Cena and Cole make their way towards the ropes as Orton watches on, his face showing that he desperately wants to attack Cena but he knows he needs to wait now. Cena steps halfway through the ropes and then pauses ...

JOHN CENA:
Oh, by the way, Orton. Good luck!

Orton stands his ground and doesn’t fly off the handle as Cena is expecting. Instead, Orton smirks and grimaces a little, he looks to Cena and mouths to Cena instead ... Suddenly, Orton pounces ... RKO! RKO ... TO MICHAEL COLE! Cena drops out of the ring and then turns to watch in astonishment as Orton kneels over the fallen SMACKDOWN General Manager with a maniacal grin on his face as he stares out to Cena. Butty is looking on with a look of shock on his face, this wasn’t expected but it isn’t something that Orton can be fired for! Cena watches on as Orton steps back and two security men try to stop him but he grabs them and flings them over the ropes and out of the ring. As Cole slowly recovers a little, it is clear that Orton has something huge in mind and he prepares in the corner waiting for his chance to strike ... The crowd are stood in excitement as they wait, here comes the Punt! Michael Cole is unaware of what is coming, he gets to his knees and then Orton takes strides across the ring ... Just as he is set to swing his right boot though, Cena drags his General Manager out of the ring instead, saving him at the last second and they back away up the ramp with Cena looking shocked and Cole looking beaten ... The cameras alternate between the worried Cena and the raging Orton in the ring as JR and King hype it up ... ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2011: JOHN CENA WILL FACE RANDY ORTON!

*** END OF SHOW ***

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2011

*** CONFIRMED MATCHES ***

GRUDGE MATCH
John Cena vs. Randy Orton

SMACKDOWN ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jeff/Matt Hardy vs. Kane/Undertaker vs. ???

RAW ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH TO DETERMINE #1 CONTENDER FOR WWE CHAMPIONSHIP AT WRESTLEMANIA 27
Daniel Bryan vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Miz vs. Sheamus vs. ??? vs. ???

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wade Barrett (c) vs. John Morrison

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Maryse (c) vs. Layla vs. Michelle McCool (?)

*** SUNDAY 20TH FEBRUARY LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE ON PAY PER VIEW ***

*** END OF SHOW ***

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome