Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Wrestlers who ruined their own legacy

View Single Post

Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Greenlawler
Old School, cause I'm an old fool....

Greenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new hereGreenlawler better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Wrestlers who ruined their own legacy

I agree Flair has hurt his reputation, and probably more so than any of the others listed. However I would make the case that most people no matter what they think of Flair probably still acknowledge that he is, if not the greatest of all time, still one of the top five stars in the history of the sport. So to say his legacy is ruined I am not sure I agree...Some of the other wrestlers have destroyed the reps more simply because they are not as fondly remembered as Flair.

For example the average fan who grew up in the 90's only remembers Hacksaw Duggen from what they have seen. They have not been told over and over on television that he was one of the greatest of all time, unlike Flair. Flair has embarressed himself, but still wrestlers like HHH and others come on television and remind the viewers that Flair was the greatest. Some thoughts to ponder.
Greenlawler is online now   Reply With Quote