Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Wrestlers who ruined their own legacy

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a push
Default Re: Wrestlers who ruined their own legacy

Ric Flair is the standout person who came to my mind when i saw this thread as outside of WrestleMania 24 and his "retirement" match with Shawn Michaels everything he has done outside of Evolution has tarnished his legacy. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed Flair/Triple H back in 2005 but even that was simply Triple H pushing to work with his boyhood idol and did nothing for Ric Flair other than help Triple H out.

As soon as Ric Flair began managing/mentoring Triple H back in late 2002 i believe he should have remained in that role up until 2007 when WWE began his retirement storyline because Ric Flair as a manager/mentor is valuable and adds a lot to an up and coming heel who is being pushed towards the main event. An example would be Ric Flair being a manager/mentor to Dolph Ziggler as that combination almost instantly makes Dolph Ziggler a believable main event star and i don't think any other wrestler in the world could have added to Triple H as the standout heel he was outside of Ric Flair.

Hulk Hogan was tarnishing his legacy up until Bound For Glory finished as he was taking up the majority of tv time on Impact every week and being the main focus as well as wrestling. I'd even argue that Hulk Hogan has tarnished his legacy ever since WrestleMania 18 had finished as his 2002 run was horrible and his 2003 run even worse although Shawn Michaels worked his ass off to make their feud good and the match passable but Hogan/Orton was horrible.