Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #5176 (permalink)
Wrestlinfan35
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick

Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Rock/Cena was the most promoted match probably in WWE history. It got built for a whole year. A year. WWE didn't even advertise the fact that Brock, HBK, or HHH were going to be on this show and a random 'Oh btw, guess who's here next!!' promo at the top of the hour doesn't count. Ridiculous comparison. Rock/Cena disappointed with a bazillion times the promotion behind it than HHH/Lesnar. The latter, outside the arm break and Raw 1000 segments, has just been a disappointment all together. Why? Because outside of said segments, WWE has failed to follow even the most basic rules of advertising, promotion and their old favorite, feud building/story telling. Advertising it more would have helped more than a little bit. Don't be stupid. If people who don't follow every week don't know top names are going to be on a particular show, they don't watch. Seems like your butthurt/bias/whatever you want to call it against Brock Lesnar, for whatever reason that you have it in the first place, is clouding your judgment when it comes to him.
I wasn't directly comparing it to Rock/Cena, I was just saying it's a similar situation. There's a feud that was, like you said, probably the most promoted match in WWE history. It was still doing decent numbers, 3.5 overruns, but not something you'd expect out of a program of that magnitude. You'd expect better, obviously. Same applies here. Except what differs is the numbers this feud is doing aren't even decent. They're just not good. And oh come on, everyone knows the deal. 6 million+ people watched RAW 1000, they know what's main eventing Summerslam in just a few days. They know it's Lesnar/HHH. You don't need to advertise that they're on RAW because people assume the build up is going to be taking place. I doubt most people are thinking "Oh the match is in two weeks, but nah they won't appear or say a word until then." It's a crummy excuse. The feud is just not clicking, whether it be drawing-wise or storyline-wise, it's not clicking. Hell, the three way feels more like the SS main event than this does.

And I have no bias towards Lesnar lol. I'm entertained by him most of the time when his mouth isn't open. Who doesn't love just watching a beast do his thing. I'm just saying, he's not really been impressive since coming back, in terms of TV ratings. People can put the blame on him being beaten by Cena all they want, but really this started the week after he came back when the first segment drew embarrassingly low.

best.