Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#240 · (Edited)
re: NFL Thread: Week 1 - Glorious

Chad got himself caught up. That's all that is.

Married a 40 year old, Bronx born Jenny-from the block and ex wife of a former nba star, who is a Cast member of a reality show full of ratchet females passed their prime with her being the one with the most sassiness and attitude after meeting her on twitter, knowing she is a jumpoff. Then signed a contract to play in MIAMI - a place known for temptation.

Yeah, that'll end well.

:StephenA

Slick talking female + a dude who can't control his emotions = domestic violence situation.

#243 ·

I know Plaxico is on New England's emergency list now if they get an injury. I can't imagine him fitting in with them though.

#245 ·

I think Plax has more left in the tank.. big time. Plax had a shitty QB last year, wasn't the #1 for the first time in forever.. rough transition. I expect he'll be more familiar with a lesser role this year. Plax on the Patriots would be pretty tough imho.

Oh and plus Plax hasn't shown a major case of the dropzeeze... like Chad.

#248 ·

Dallas's offensive line is one of the worst I've ever seen.
They've never really been that good. Romo usually was quick enough to get away from the rush and make a play.

#253 ·

I never got the Pryor hype. Never thought he was all that at OSU. OSU fans over rate everyone who goes through that program. Just because someone beasts in High School doesn't mean they're going to eventually take over the big leagues. Troy Smith Jr. minus the Heisman.

#254 ·

Last night is an example of why I don't get hyped about preseason football. It was brutal to watch. 22 days until the NFL season starts, can't wait.

On another note, sounds like that the NFL will most likely be starting the season with replacement referees. This is just ridiculous. Roger Goodell is starting to really piss me off now. It's bad enough he's becoming the judge, jury, and executioner for these players, not to mention turning them into a bunch of softies with rule changes that are now starting to impact the heart and soul of the game, as well as stupid overtime rules that no one can freaking understand. Now he's going to sit the best officials out to prove that he is the best and won't pay them what they're worth.

Get the officials back on the field and get a deal done.

#255 ·

I'm sure they'll get a deal done with the officials. I'm almost always on the side of the worker, and this is no exception. Pay the officials for fuck's sake. I'm ignorant of the situation admittedly. I'm assuming what they're asking for won't break the most successful league (by far too) in the United States.

As for preseason, it's awful. It's a love/hate deal for sure. It's great to see football back, but you only get starters for a quarter if that. Game 3 is the best since it's usually a full half. Otherwise, I watch the starters and then turn it off. Football loses a ton when it's not for real.

#261 ·

I'm sure they'll get a deal done with the officials. I'm almost always on the side of the worker, and this is no exception. Pay the officials for fuck's sake. I'm ignorant of the situation admittedly. I'm assuming what they're asking for won't break the most successful league (by far too) in the United States.

As for preseason, it's awful. It's a love/hate deal for sure. It's great to see football back, but you only get starters for a quarter if that. Game 3 is the best since it's usually a full half. Otherwise, I watch the starters and then turn it off. Football loses a ton when it's not for real.
i'm not sure of the money issues, but the nfl wants to have the refs go from part time employees to full time.

I usually flip back and forth between the game and something else.

#263 · (Edited)

Isaac Redman had an MRI on his groin and Jason Witten looks to be having surgery on his spleen. Both could miss the rest of the pre-season and potentially more.

Lions RB Jahvid Best is likely to start this season on physically unable to perform list, which would sideline him at least first six games.

#264 ·

I thought Witten looked bad after that hit he took Monday. It concerned me but no one ever said anything about it...until now. I've read it's probably not ruptured but he's definitely out for the preseason. If it is ruptured, he could be done for the season, or most of it.

Without Witten, this team could be 4-12 or worse unless the defense drastically improves over last season. And by the defense, I mean the secondary. Without Witten, the few bright spots are Ware, Romo, Murray, and...um...the jury is out. Ok, Sean Lee can play.

#265 ·

It all comes down to the safeties, really. Carr is a fantastic Corner, Claiborne is as hoghly touted a CB prospect as there could be (was hoping Carolina would get him), and Scandrick and Jenkins can't be as bad as they were. They just can't be. But, as an outsider looking in, Sensebaugh and whomever else you guys have at safety need to step up dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.