Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Unpopular TV and Film Opinions

View Single Post

Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #139 (permalink)
Bubz
All in the reflexes

Bubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselvesBubz is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Unpopular TV and Film Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Fully agreed. Schindler's List is emotional manipulation of the highest calibre. Respect to the guy for helping to make students and young people realise the importance of a tragic historic event but the film itself handles the majority of the scenes in a pathetically, simplistic manner.

Jaws, Raiders, Duel, Jurassic Park, Minority Report are all immense though. Spielberg plus big budget and high concept usually equals greatness.
The only part of Schindler's List I didn't like was the very end (the placing rocks on the grave scene). I didn't find it too overly sentimental up until that bit like a lot of his movies tend to be. Even then it wasn't as bad as the final scene in SPR which was just cringe worthy, and actually ruined the majority of the movie for me.
Bubz is offline   Reply With Quote