Wrestling Forum banner

WF Fantasy Basketball Keeper League - WEEK 1 (soon)

108K views 3K replies 28 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 · (Edited)
Discussions pertaining to the WF Keeper Basketball League go here.

Championship History

2011/12
1st - Aid180
2nd - JM
3rd - WWF

2012/13
1st - Myst
2nd - Red Viper
3rd - JM

2013/14
1st - JM
2nd - Notorious
3rd - Aid180

2014/15
1st - JM
2nd - UDFK
3rd - WWF

2014/15 Keepers and VRs said:
JM - Davis Harden Mello Leonard (4) Lowry (7)
WWF - Curry Lawson Thomas (9) Asik (15)
Aidan - Durant Lillard Bryant Dragic (6) Rose (15)
STAX - Noah Thompson Irving Faried (5) Bledsoe (6)
Brye - Paul Ellis Bosh (5) Oliadipo (8)
Flex - Batum Parker (4) Colison (15)
SW - Love Nowitzki Jennings Hill (7) Noel (15)
NOTO - Cousins Drummond Wall Martin (9) Sullinger (14)
Myst - Aldridge Conley Rondo (8) Korver (14)
Champ - Westbrook Jefferson Ibaka Gasol (5) Stevenson (15)
UDFK - James Griffin Millsap (5) Jordan (14)
CHIP - Howard Gay Beal Carter-Williams (11) Ross (15)
2015/16 Keepers and VRs said:
JM: Anthony Davis, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry (7), Paul George (9)
Aid: Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, Carmelo Anthony, Goran Dragic (6), Derrick Rose (15)
Notorious: DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, John Wall, Julius Randle (14), Rudy Gobert (15)
UDFK: Blake Griffin, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Jordan (14), Hassan Whiteside (15)
La Parka: Jimmy Butler (6)
PHX: Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol (5), Brandon Knight (7)
Myst: LaMarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver (14), Kris Middleton (15)
Marty: Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Ty Lawson, Giannis Antetokounmpo (8), Wilson Chandler (15)
Brye: Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, Nikola Vucevic, Bosh (5), Oladipo (8)
Hawk Harrelson: Lebron James, George Hill (7), Nerlen Noel (15)
Stax Classic: Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Eric Bledsoe (6), Danilo Gallinari (15)
Chip Kelly: Dwight Howard, Rudy Gay, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan (4), Greg Monroe (6)
CURRENT NEWS

New League Rules for this year:
- You now have 3 keepers and 2 VR picks
- Keepers are the first 3 RDs in the draft
- VRs allow you to draft 2 players on your team in the same round that they were drafted in last year
- Players can be kept only 3 times
- Players can be VRed only twice
- If you VR someone twice they have 1 additional year of keeper eligibility to make the 3 years
- No draft pick trading during the season, only in the window between league reactivation and the DRAFT

Tentative Date for Draft: Oct 17, 2015 @ 8pm ET

Able to make it:
1. JM
2. NOTO
3. PHX
4. Marty​

See less See more
#976 ·
Re: Fantasy Basketball - **WF Keeper League** - Off-season mode

Someone has to want Amare for cheap. Come on now. Or Noah.

Who doesn't have 5 keepers?

#978 ·

I will keep Amare. Not over Batum though. I'm still shopping, I'm always shopping. Amare + certain pick is better than Batum.

Noah is a definite keeper though. And again, if I can trade Batum and Amare I will happily keep Noah. Not everyone can draft UNIBROW so if you're all banking on it all but one of you are going to be disappointed.

#990 ·

I might not pick Unibrow, it depends.

IIRC I have the highest draft pick that isn't designated for a keeper.
You only keeping 3 guys?

Nah with the draft pick trading and using standard keeper format we can do an online draft.

If people want time for preseason trades we should go with the 7th. If people don't care than the 28th is fine. Whatever works. Those are the weekends I'm free. I'm potentially free the weekend of the 24th as well but my cash league draft is that weekend and we always plan a bunch of events around the draft so I'll be busy. Just depends on when it is on that weekend.
The 28th is fine with me. Whatever works best for everyone is fine with me as well.

#986 ·

to be honest I moved the draft because I have a commitment during the previous draft time that maybe one person said anything about. I'm fine with the 7th if that is preferred.

#987 ·

I really don't care what the draft date is, but I thought we were doing an offline draft, which is why I was asking why is it so late because October 28th is two days before the season starts and I doubt we could get one done in two days.

#988 ·

Nah with the draft pick trading and using standard keeper format we can do an online draft.

If people want time for preseason trades we should go with the 7th. If people don't care than the 28th is fine. Whatever works. Those are the weekends I'm free. I'm potentially free the weekend of the 24th as well but my cash league draft is that weekend and we always plan a bunch of events around the draft so I'll be busy. Just depends on when it is on that weekend.

#991 ·

Both have their pros and cons.

If we pick on the 7th, I have a better chance of picking up a sleeper off waivers that has a great training camp/preseason. However, if we pick 28th, it gives everyone a clearer view of who is gonna get minutes, what the players roles will be, what players that might get injured in the preseason/training camp, etc.

Overall, I'm fine with whatever the majority goes with.

@Aid: Yep, three guys: LOVE, RONDO, George.

#992 ·

I'm completely fine with my keepers currently. Brandon Rush, Isiah Thomas, Derrick Favors, Jeremy Lin, and Klay Thompson are going to lead my team to the future!

Durant, Wade, Dragic, Gortat, and Still Deciding

#995 ·

I figure he won't get it fed as much, but he will still get the ball enough times to be relevant in fantasy along with his rebounds, blocks, and good FG%.

EDDIT: @JM, yes and no. I'm willing to listen to offers for a 5th guy, but I don't mind keeping the guys I have, especially if Favors becomes the starting PF like rumors in Utah have been pointing towards.

#996 ·

Favors started the year as the starter last year too. Even if he does start it's more or less just so Millsap plays the 6th man in a similar role to Harden. Will play both forward spots and will get to play considerable time against 2nd units and will close out games. Still plays starter minutes. Harden plays different positions but the same deal.

#998 ·

Everyone needs to also consider that if we push the draft up to the 7th the keeper deadline would need to be the 30th which is just a few days from now.

Gotta get those final trades in faster, that's all.

#999 ·

Can everyone sound off on which draft day they prefer.

Oct 7th or Oct 28th.

Don't say it doesn't matter as that doesn't help!

I will say the 7th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.