Wrestling Forum banner

WF Fantasy Basketball Keeper League - WEEK 1 (soon)

108K views 3K replies 28 participants last post by  Magic 
#1 · (Edited)
Discussions pertaining to the WF Keeper Basketball League go here.

Championship History

2011/12
1st - Aid180
2nd - JM
3rd - WWF

2012/13
1st - Myst
2nd - Red Viper
3rd - JM

2013/14
1st - JM
2nd - Notorious
3rd - Aid180

2014/15
1st - JM
2nd - UDFK
3rd - WWF

2014/15 Keepers and VRs said:
JM - Davis Harden Mello Leonard (4) Lowry (7)
WWF - Curry Lawson Thomas (9) Asik (15)
Aidan - Durant Lillard Bryant Dragic (6) Rose (15)
STAX - Noah Thompson Irving Faried (5) Bledsoe (6)
Brye - Paul Ellis Bosh (5) Oliadipo (8)
Flex - Batum Parker (4) Colison (15)
SW - Love Nowitzki Jennings Hill (7) Noel (15)
NOTO - Cousins Drummond Wall Martin (9) Sullinger (14)
Myst - Aldridge Conley Rondo (8) Korver (14)
Champ - Westbrook Jefferson Ibaka Gasol (5) Stevenson (15)
UDFK - James Griffin Millsap (5) Jordan (14)
CHIP - Howard Gay Beal Carter-Williams (11) Ross (15)
2015/16 Keepers and VRs said:
JM: Anthony Davis, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry (7), Paul George (9)
Aid: Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, Carmelo Anthony, Goran Dragic (6), Derrick Rose (15)
Notorious: DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, John Wall, Julius Randle (14), Rudy Gobert (15)
UDFK: Blake Griffin, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Jordan (14), Hassan Whiteside (15)
La Parka: Jimmy Butler (6)
PHX: Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol (5), Brandon Knight (7)
Myst: LaMarcus Aldridge, Gordon Hayward, Kyle Korver (14), Kris Middleton (15)
Marty: Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Ty Lawson, Giannis Antetokounmpo (8), Wilson Chandler (15)
Brye: Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, Nikola Vucevic, Bosh (5), Oladipo (8)
Hawk Harrelson: Lebron James, George Hill (7), Nerlen Noel (15)
Stax Classic: Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Eric Bledsoe (6), Danilo Gallinari (15)
Chip Kelly: Dwight Howard, Rudy Gay, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan (4), Greg Monroe (6)
CURRENT NEWS

New League Rules for this year:
- You now have 3 keepers and 2 VR picks
- Keepers are the first 3 RDs in the draft
- VRs allow you to draft 2 players on your team in the same round that they were drafted in last year
- Players can be kept only 3 times
- Players can be VRed only twice
- If you VR someone twice they have 1 additional year of keeper eligibility to make the 3 years
- No draft pick trading during the season, only in the window between league reactivation and the DRAFT

Tentative Date for Draft: Oct 17, 2015 @ 8pm ET

Able to make it:
1. JM
2. NOTO
3. PHX
4. Marty​

See less See more
#925 ·
Re: Fantasy Basketball - **WF Keeper League** - Off-season mode

Me/Notorious/WWF have completed the FIRST 3 team trade in WF history.

JM Gets: Kyle Lowry/Marc Gasol/James Harden/WWF's 8th/WWF's 9th/Notorious's 6th
WWF gets: DWIGHT/JM's 9th/JM's 13th
Notorious gets: Kevin Love/Paul George/JM's 15th

#933 · (Edited)

I think I made out good.

I traded Dwight, Harden, Marc Gasol (Who's numbers will probably decline with healthy Z-Bo back) and my 6th round pick for a top 3 fantasy player and by far the best fantasy big man and Paul George, a guy who contributes to every category and will do nothing but improve this upcoming season.

I was joking with the DYNASTY part btw.

Also with Dwight gone I can finally win FT's :durant

#934 ·

You're welcome, btw. JM wasn't going to do this if someone else didn't take on Howard, because he "doesn't punt categories."

So yeah, without me, you'd be stuck with the same group you had before. You're welcome, my friend.

#937 ·
by any means necessary :)

what pushed me to do the deal was the worry of one of my stars getting hurt. and the fact that my team seemed to be better before I acquired LeBron when I had depth.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using VerticalSports.Com App

#938 ·

Last year in the 15th round I drafted Kenneth Faried, hoping to repeat my success and get another steal.

I would still have Faried, as well as Kawhi Leonard if you jobbers would've voted to allow value round picks.

#939 ·

I really don't like the trade for Brandon at all. Makes very little sense. You could have balanced your team without going to those extremes. Gallinari/Eric Gordon as keepers is almost embarrassing. Melo is almost as bad. It's like you're taking all of the SHIT that I rolled with last season and trying to compete with it. Good luck.

Notorious did well getting Love, but even better because he separated the combo of Love/LeBron.

JM won obviously picking up all of those picks and good keeper options. Picks are almost invaluable. You guys are going to have your keepers and then 10 scrubs. Unless JM has a terrible draft his team is going to be the best in the league on day 1.

Just my 3¢.

#941 ·

I really don't like the trade for Brandon at all. Makes very little sense. You could have balanced your team without going to those extremes. Gallinari/Eric Gordon as keepers is almost embarrassing. Melo is almost as bad. It's like you're taking all of the SHIT that I rolled with last season and trying to compete with it. Good luck.
lolwut

You're a fucking idiot, dude.

#943 ·

notsureifsrs

- Why the fuck wouldn't I keep Gordon? 20/4/3 on good % are keeper worthy stats, bro. With basically a full season and offseason off, he'll be fine.
- Danilo was God-like before his injury, dude. I'm not taking a big risk with him as my 5th keeper.
- Carmelo's not a keeper? You are a dumbass, dude. He's the 2nd coming of Jesus in Woodson's MELO OFFENSE.
- 5th round talent? Okay. The only reason he's that low is purely because of that FT%. I don't know if I've ever won FT%, dude. My team never wins FT%, regardless of me having Dwight or not. Regardless, I still got Dwight, a "5th round talent", for an 8th round pick and a PG that I'm questionable on, so I'll take it.

As for picks, ***** please. I lost 1 pick.

#950 ·

Do something to improve it then, moron.
Can we draft first pls so I can see where I need to improve.

Thanks.

And yeah you'll never win FT's with Dwight, but it's also not likely that you'll lose rebounds or blocks too.
I don't lose rebounds/blocks. I always win those categories. Dwight won't change that.

#949 ·

I really don't see what's so bad about those keepers.

There's a slight chance Gallo's numbers decrease with Wilson Chandler there for the whole season but I doubt it.

And yeah you'll never win FT's with Dwight, but it's also not likely that you'll ever lose rebounds or blocks.

#952 ·

I really don't see what's so bad about those keepers.

There's a slight chance Gallo's numbers decrease with Wilson Chandler there for the whole season but I doubt it.

And yeah you'll never win FT's with Dwight, but it's also not likely that you'll ever lose rebounds or blocks.
eggzactly

The upside of Dwight is greater than the downside.

#951 ·

Why are people talking like they have categories won based on keepers. You still have to draft well. Dwight alone wins you nothing, he does lose you FTs though.

#955 ·

It's really no different than building around points...

Every category is worth the exact same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.