Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Why did McMahon bury Vader?

View Single Post

Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a push
Default Re: Why did McMahon bury Vader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
While we're at it, WCW didn't use Vader as well as they could've in his last few years there. He was booked much stronger back in 92-93 from what I remember.
Exactly and people don't seem to realise this, i can remember watching WCW from when Ric Flair returned and everything revolved around him and then when Hulk Hogan came in he took centre stage. Once the Sting/Vader feud had finished WCW used Vader poorly and he basically became a jobber to the top guys in Sting, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair and then was fired or released depending on who you believe because of something to do with Paul Orndoff who himself was a mid carder at very best back then.

Anyone who watched Vader from his debut in WCW as i did knows that Vader was booked well up until late 1993 but wasn't booked anywhere near the same afterwards and it was the same when he went to WWE as he was booked like a monster up until Summerslam and then poorly from then onwards. I don't understand why everyone takes everything Jim Cornette as gospel truth just because he tells a good story and swears a lot whilst slating everyone at the same time and praising himself. No one buried Vader in WWE he simply didn't stay over in WWE and once Stone Cold Steve Austin began his rise, Bret Hart returned and Mankind got very over quickly that was basically it for Vader.