Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #189 (permalink)
SharpshooterSmith
Main Eventing Gyms

SharpshooterSmith 251 - 500SharpshooterSmith 251 - 500SharpshooterSmith 251 - 500SharpshooterSmith 251 - 500
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Personally, I do think that The Rock will win the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble and he'll do it by defeating CM Punk. The reason I say this is because I honestly can't see WWE having Cena lose to Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII without having some sort of endgame in mind. I just feel like there's going to be a point where we'll see Cena get that victory back and I think that will be at WrestleMania XXIX by defeating The Rock when the stakes are even higher, with the WWE Championship hanging in the balance. If Cena is going to beat The Rock, I think that it has to happen at WrestleMania.

I suppose that Rock could fail to win the title, due to some sort of interference, which sets up his next opponent for WrestleMania (Brock Lesnar?), and giving Punk a huge win in the process. Or maybe even Cena costs Rock the match, setting up their rematch? To me, though, if they're really going to do Cena/Rock II, then the title should be on the line. They could do it without the title on the line, but I feel like the stakes should be raised a bit if they're doing the same match two years in a row. (See HBK/Taker and HHH/Taker).

Unless someone becomes a huge megastar between now and April, I'm still sticking with WrestleMania XXIX looking like this:

WWE Championship
The Rock (C) vs. John Cena

The Streak
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

CM Punk vs. Triple H or Stone Cold

CHRISTIAN - TWO-TIME WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
SharpshooterSmith is offline   Reply With Quote