Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - i$e's Magical Music Megapost

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #547 (permalink)
i$e
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK

i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000i$e 31501 - 50000
Default Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost

Plenty of indie in here. Threw in some personal favourite soundtracks too.

1. Swans - The Seer // Genre : Post-Punk / Industrial / Folk // Year : 2012

AOTY.

2. Beach House - Bloom // Genre : Indie / Dream Pop // Year : 2012

Album is just like floating on a cloud. Amazing female vocals (becoming a staple of the genre) and great melodic structures. If you like Indie, you'll love this. If you like Parades/Jezabels, you'll love this.

3. Skyharbor - Blinding White Noise Illusion & Chaos // Genre : Progressive Metal // Year : 2012

Do you like atmospheric/melodic groove metal with amazing vocals? This is it. Dan Tompkins (Tesseract) does what he does best and makes some ethereal contributions to really good metal instrumentation.

4. The Early November - In Currents // Genre : Indie / Alt // Year : 2012

Probably my favourite indie of the year. Amazing songwriting ability and powerful instrumentation. Reminds me of Frightened Rabbit mixed with Idlewild mixed with Hey! Rosetta. Potent.

5. Alt-J - An Awesome Wave // Genre : Indie // Year : 2012

Surprisingly good as it came out of nowhere. Electronic-fused indie that is tied together by some awesome-folk-esque vocals. Strange, but endearing. Check it out!

6. Tigers on Trains - Foundry // Genre : Folk // Year : 2012

Folk release of the year so far. Exceptionally heartfelt music and some great crossover acoustic guitar melodies. Will appeal to indie heads too. Amazing.

7. Dark Time Sunshine - ANX // Genre : Hip-Hop / Cloud Rap // Year : 2012

Continuing with the theme of 2012 (trying to catch up) and specifically the theme of intelligent hip-hop. Just about overtakes El-P's release as my favourite from the genre this year. Great beats, production and thought provoking stuff. Great if you're into Aesop Rock or any kind of good music really. Great place to start if you're put off by the fact it's hip-hop.

8. Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise // Genre : Alt Rock / Post-Hardcore // Year : 2010

This is the album I thought Conversation Piece wanted to be when I finally got around to hearing it. Awesomely catchy tunes with a strange quality that I can't put my finger in. Crosses over elements of Indie, Rock & Post-Hardcore as well as any album I've heard. Recommended Highly.

Soundtracks that I love ~

Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings OST - Unfuckwithable GOAT score in my view.
Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream - Revolutionary minimalism.
Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Really excellent execution of how to basically invent a certain musical tone for a genre. Unsurpassed.

Just my top 3. Feel free to throw more OSTs in.

My favourite soundtrack would be High Fidelity. It has everything.

my guide to cutting body fat effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/11891414-post2352.html
my guide to gaining lean mass effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12277174-post2817.html
my music recommendation megapost - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/music/...-megapost.html

2 x Music Poster of the Year | 1 x 2011 People's Signature of the Year

Last edited by i$e : 08-02-2012 at 04:09 PM.
i$e is offline   Reply With Quote