Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)
View Single Post
post #5088 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

It's not about a one time deal, it's about a pattern, and Punk proved time after time that he's not an attraction. He can be over with your core audience that are coming to the arenas and that can bring a wrestler to certain level, especially today when the depth in the talent pool is at an all-time low. But to draw the masses, you need that imaginary IT factor and the look of a star to be able to captivate the people, it's the same "turn heads" presence, Punk is not that guy and with everything they gave him, everything you can give to a wrestler for over 6 years, will never be that guy.

I just checked some old 2009 breakdown, if you remember the Big Show/Cena/Miz angle from that time period, the one before Miz's US title run. That program did big numbers all over the show. Besides Orton who was on fire, and proven draws like Show and Cena, I didn't remember the Miz angle doing that good. After that you got regular people like Batista, HBK, HHH and Vince. A Big Show/John Cena match actually main evented the big commercial free Trump show. And with the buyrate they drew for NWO 2012, 202k worldwide(biggest of the year from the regular shows besides Brock), it's not a surprise why they're going back to it almost every year.

Last edited by Rock316AE; 08-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome