Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #5076 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck Starbuck
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Bryan was the most entertaining thing about Raw this week so those numbers are well deserved imo. Having said that, the gain at 9PM is the gain at 9PM and can't be attributed to just him and Seamus imo. But the next segment gaining is all him and that I give him full credit for.

Shitty 10pm gain but I'm not quite sure what that means right now since it's a 3 hour show and all. Will that become standard for the 3 hour shows or can, as last week proved, big numbers be drawn with the right people? We'll see.

Massive numbers for Cena/Show which was advertised throughout the program. I do think as somebody pointed out, the loss of people from the repeat video package then tuning back in again can be attributed to this big number as well. Not to say that Punk was a non factor, I'm sure some people were watching for him but the focus wasn't on him in this match at all except for the end. He is yet to gain any number close to that without a bigger name being involved in the same segment and until that happens I'm not giving him big amounts of credit for something it has been proven that he can't do. Having said that though, for the second week in a row now he has benefited from having lots of people see him close out the show so that can only be a good thing. I say they should stick him on at 9 or 10 next week, on his own, and we'll get a much clearer picture. As of now though I'm not completely sold that this was the right move but at least they're doing the right thing in terms of his placement on the show because like I said, whether he drew the eyeballs on him or not, they are there and they are seeing what he's doing so it's a good call imo.

~Nemesis~