Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread

View Single Post

Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #1467 (permalink)
Last Chancery
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

I wasn't particularly calling for separate threads, but maybe just a recognition that TV matches are structured somewhat differently and, in my mind, aren't completely comparable to a PPV match. TV matches have slightly different structures in place, having to work around commercial breaks and sometimes interjecting other distractions to further the stories, which you don't see as much at a live event or a house show.

I was probably just going to create my own little subsystem, where regular, non-TV matches were rated out of five stars, and the TV matches being rated out of four (with no quarter increments given; only halves, like movies). Using that scale, I'd give Sheamus/Bryan 3/4 and something like the first Punk/Bryan match 3.5. Well, OK, that does sound stupid, I will admit. It's just difficult for me to rate the matches the same since there are so many interruptions and distractions that subtract from otherwise enjoyable wrestling matches. Too often do I think, "Had that commercial not been there, this match would have been so much better..."

The current system works well enough, but I can't foresee a TV match ever being a certifiable MOTY, as TV matches (to me) need a lot more working in their favor to keep up with their PPV counterparts.

/shrug
Last Chancery is offline   Reply With Quote