Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TEW2013 Announced

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
AKBest Miyazawa Sae
Genking!

AKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missedAKBest Miyazawa Sae probably won't be missed
Default TEW2013 Announced

Quote:
I'm pleased to announce that we can now officially confirm that my next game for Grey Dog Software will be Total Extreme Wrestling 2013, the sixth game in the series.

The game has been in development since early this year and we are aiming to release it in December 2012; please note that this is only an estimated date, there's still a lot of work to be done on the project so it may get pushed into early 2013 if necessary.

As usual, the ever-popular Developer's Journal - a series of daily posts where I reveal what additions and improvements will be in TEW2013 - will be launched to lead-up to the release. The Journal is due to start in late August \ early September.

To whet your appetite, there is one piece of information that I will reveal now; people generally seem to feel that the jump from TEW2008 to TEW2010 was the biggest and best the series has had, featuring as it did over 200 new additions and improvements....I can confirm that TEW2013 already has over 200 further additions and improvements, and is on course to go well over 350.

--- Initial TEW2013 F.A.Q. ---

How much will it cost?

TEW2013 will be our usual price for a full game, $34.95, and will be secured by ELicense. (TEW2010 will subsequently be lowered in price post-release.)

Will there be a demo?

It will be the same method we always use - we will release a limited-time trial version one week before the official release so that people can get a look at all the improvements and eliminate any last minute bugs \ installation issues.

Is it written from scratch?

No; as with the previous versions, this is written on top of the previous iteration. This is better for everyone as it means I don't have to spend three months "reinventing the wheel" by writing the basics that already work perfectly well in their current form, and it means the "core" of the game has already been play-tested by thousands of users pretty extensively for several years! That isn't to say that the game will look like TEW2010, as the UI is getting a makeover.

What about my TEW2010 database that I've spent years working on?

Databases from the previous version can be easily upgraded to 2013.

Can I be a tester? Or be involved in the development?

Sorry, the development and testing teams are already finalised and hard at work.

There's no TEW2013 forum yet, where do I talk about the game?

For now, please keep TEW2013 questions and comments in replies to this thread, to avoid disrupting the TEW2010 forum too much. A proper TEW2013 forum will be up and running closer to the release of the game.
Source: GDS Forums

I'm fucking pumped, I'm so getting this game!