Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

View Single Post

Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #160 (permalink)
cp954
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

cp954 cp954 cp954 cp954 cp954 cp954
Default Re: WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown- 12/8/05- New Haven; Connecticut

The opening video plays for all to see before the explosive pyro hits and we’re welcomed to Smackdown by Michael Cole and Tazz.

Michael Cole: We are just NINE nights away from the biggest party of the summer, Summerslam and tonight Friday Night Smackdown brings you a blockbuster main event as the Legend Killer Randy Orton teams with the Wrestling Machine Kurt Angle to take on the WWE Champion John Cena and The Undertaker!!

Tazz: Absolutely freakin’ HUGE main event Cole. John Cena, The Undertaker, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, four of the very best in this business goin’ at it here tonight. I cannot wait for that one.

‘Cool’

It’s immediate heat as the music of the Apple Spitter hits and out steps Carlito, dressed in one of his outrageous Hawaiian shirts, wearing a broad grin and we get a look inside the ring where we see what appears to be a Hammock as well as several pine cones and some rather outrageous palm trees as there are two deck chairs also laid out.

Michael Cole: But folks we are kicking things off with the man who seven nights ago defeated the United States Champion Matt Hardy. Carlito propelled himself right into title contention last week Tazz and tonight marks the debut of Carlito’s Cabana, his guest? None other than Matt Hardy.

Tazz: Gonna be a heck of a confrontation right here Cole. Carlito has been on a roll right the way since Wrestlemania, Matt Hardy’s been on that same roll too and if these two men go toe to toe for that United States title, something’s gotta give!

Lito now has a microphone as he stands inside the ring, that grin etched upon his face as his music dies down and he begins to talk.

Carlito: Ladies and gentleman it’s Carlito’s pleasure to introduce to ju the very FIRST edition of CARLITO’S CABANA!!

Lito parades his set to the crowd, looking incredibly excited as he‘s already drawing pretty strong boos.

Carlito: It’s about damn time Carlito had his own talk show right? And ju know what? We’re gonna kick dis thing off in style because Carlito’s guest tonight, ha ha. Carlito’s guest tonight is the man he BEAT last week in the middle of dis ring, the man who is the current, let Carlito reiterate dat point, he is the current United States Champion, Matt Hardy.

Big pop for the mention of Hardy as Lito nods his head, a little disgruntled now.

Carlito: But before Carlito brings his guest out, Carlito’s got some other things he’d like to talk about. Carlito would like to talk about…well, CARLITO!!

Lito begins grinning once again, the boos quick to return.

Carlito: See Carlito doesn’t believe he’s getting the recognition he deserves around here. Ever since Wrestlemania all Carlito has done is come down to dis ring week after week, month after moth and take on every challenger in his path. Each and every one of those challengers all have one thing in common…they all LOST to Carlito.

More heat for the Apple Spitter.

Carlito: B-b-but has dat got Carlito anywhere? No, das got Carlito absolutely nowhere because dat incompetent General Manager of ours Teddy Long, he-he doesn’t understand talent. Das right, Teddy Long wouldn’t know what talent was if it came and slapped him in the face.

Carlito laughs at his own joke.

Carlito: Instead Teddy Long likes to give opportunities to mediocre guys, to undeserving guys. Instead Teddy Long likes to give opportunities to people like-like Matt Hardy and ju know what? Carlito’s getting pretty sick and tired of it all. And for dat very reason Matt Hardy is Carlito’s very first guest on Carlito’s Cabana here tonight because when he comes down dat ramp, steps through those ropes and comes face to face with Carlito, he’s gonna hear the truth about himself, he’s gonna hear the truth about dat United States title and he’s gonna hear the truth about what’s gonna happen when the spotlight’s on him and he can’t handle it. He's gonna hear about how he falls SHORT and he LOSES to the real talent on Friday nights… Carlito.

Lito begins to laugh before taking a bite on his apple before…

‘Oh Yeahhhhhhhh’

‘Live for the Moment’

Lito is stopped in his tracks as the music of his guest hits and out comes Matt Hardy looking in a pretty buoyant mood as Lito almost spits his apple out and Hardy heads down to the ring, taking a microphone as Carlito finishing getting his apple down.

Matt Hardy: You’re uh, you’re the 'true talent' on Friday nights, did I, did I hear that correctly?

Hardy’s now the one to have a little laugh to himself.

Matt Hardy: Carly, I can call you Carly right? Carly all you are is a loudmouth, self centred, egomaniac who just-who just can’t quite live up to the hype aren't ya?

Carlito looks horrified as the fans pop big for that.

Matt Hardy: You look surprised but it’s true. See you came to the WWE with a whole lot of hype around you, people were expecting big things right from the get go weren’t they? The son of the great Carlos Colon, you must’ve expected big things yourself right? Your family, your father must’ve expected big things from you but Carly here we a…

Carlito: Hey, hey ju don’t bring Carlito’s father into dis!! Ju don’t bring Carlito’s family into this!! W-what are ju getting at here Matt? Huh? What point are ju trying to make exactly?

Matt Hardy: Point I’m tryin’ to make Carly is that you’ve been here nearly a year now and despite all the hype, despite all the ‘talent’ you like to think you have, what’ve you got to show for it? What’ve you done since you came to Smackdown? I’ll tell you what you’ve done, not a DAMN thing.

Nice pop for that.

Matt Hardy: Sure you won this United States title, you won it on your first night in the company but there’s a phrase out there that fits pretty nicely to go along with that Carly, it’s called ‘beginners luck’. The man you beat for this title, well he won the thing right back a month later from ya and since then? Since then he’s gone on to actually DO something. Since then John Cena has go on to become the WWE Champion while you? All you’ve done is fall further and further down the food chain.

Lito begins to smirk.

Carlito: Ju’re a funny guy Matt, real funny guy. Beginners luck huh? On Carlito’s first night in the company he achieved more than ju’ve done in jur ENTIRE CAREER!!

Lito looks quite angry now as Hardy’s face turns serious.

Carlito: Ju wanna call Carlito a failure? Ju wanna say Carlito hasn’t lived up to the hype? Look in the mirror Matt. People thought ju were gonna be a big star, dey saw ju when ju were with jur little brother, dey saw the high flying, daredevil Hardy Boyz and dey saw two future stars, dey saw two guys destined for the top.

Carlito begins to shake his head.

Carlito: But Carlito? Carlito never saw dat. All Carlito saw was a guy who was living off of his brother.

Ooooooh.

Carlito: Das right. All Carlito saw was a leech, ju lived off jur brother’s crazy little stunts. Ju lived on being just a Hardy boy. All Carlito saw was Jeff and his brother, all Carlito saw when he looked at ju was second best and here we are and well, whadda ju know? Ju are STILL second best.

Heat again for Lito as Hardy looks a little pissed off.

Matt Hardy: Alright, so maybe it’s taken me a little longer to get where I wanna be. Maybe I didn’t win gold on my first night around here but since that first night, since that first time I stepped inside this ring, I have worked, I have clawed, I have fought my way up and now? Now I’m right where I wanna be Carly, I’m holdin’ one of the most prestigious championships in this industry and hey, you might not wanna believe it but I…I do. I am on the cusp, I am on the brink of getting to that next level and I can tell you right here, right now that I’m gonna make it a long, long time before you ever even come close.

Hardy gets right into Lito’s face but the Apple Spitter backs off, the crowd riled up.

Carlito: Really? Ju really believe dat ju can reach the top around here Matt? Ju really think ju’re better than Carlito? How bout ju prove it? How bout ju put dat United States title on the line against Carlito?

A few cheers as the fans wanna see Hardy kick Lito’s ass.

Matt Hardy: Am I supposed to back down or something here? Am I really supposed to be afraid of takin’ you on? I don’t think you understand that I will take on ANYBODY for this championship, I thrive on proving myself to all the doubters out there, proving myself to people like you, I‘ve done it all my career, I‘ve done it all my life. Carlito you’re on, Summerslam, me and you for this United States title and I will prove there and then that Matt Hardy? Matt Hardy is… for… REAL.

Hardy is intense here as Lito tosses his apple up and down.

Carlito: Matt all ju’re gonna prove at Summerslam is dat talk is cheap. Words, dey don’t mean anything unless ju can back ‘em up. Carlito will ALWAYS back ‘em up. How does, how does da saying go Matt? Actions speak louder than words, something like dat right? Well Carlito…is all action.

BAM!! LITO THROWS A LEFT HAND BUT HARDY BLOCKS IT!! Hardy now starts to unload with right hands as Carlito has no response!! Kick to the mid section and a ROAR to the crowd, TWIST OF FATE!!! NO!! LITO SHOVES HARDY AWAY AND EXIT’S THE RING!! Lito hightails it out of dodge!!

Michael Cole: So much for action from Carlito!! Matt Hardy making a statement here tonight!! Matt Hardy IS for real and at Summerslam he wants to prove it!!

Hardy raises his United States title up high, his music blaring as his eyes are firmly fixed on Carlito who backs up the ramp, clutching his jaw as he shakes his head having failed to get one over on his rival tonight.

Michael Cole: Well at Summerslam we will now find out!! Is Matt Hardy for real? Is Carlito gonna live up to the hype? What a heated confrontation here tonight Tazz! The first ever Carlito’s Cabana and now a HUGE match set for Summerslam!

Tazz: Big time confrontation indeed baby and both of these two guys have got a point to prove come Summerslam now. Carlito’s been unstoppable of late, Matt Hardy’s been just as unstoppable, at Summerslam one of ‘em is gonna have their run come to a halt and I can’t freakin’ wait. Gonna be awesome when we head to Washington D.C.

Hardy holds his U.S. title aloft one more time as he stands by the ropes smirking at Lito who looks a little taken aback here as Hardy has stolen the spotlight on the first edition of Carlito’s Cabana.

Commercials

We return and head backstage where we join Josh Matthews who is standing by ready to give us our first interview of the evening.

Josh Matthews: Ladies and gentleman joining me at this time, please welcome the WWE Champion, John Cena!!

Cena appears into shot looking PISSED off as the crowd makes a lot of noise for the champion.

Josh Matthews: John last week you and Kurt Angle came to terms on a match for Summerslam where you will defend the WWE Championship against the Wrestling Machine. Later on that night Kurt would go on to viciously attack you from behind, my question to you is how are you now feeling one week on?

Cena looks around, in front of him, then behind him before turning his direction back to Matthews.

John Cena: Sorry, sorry I just had to check around incase ya know, that little bitch Kurt Angle jumps me from behind again.

Ooooooh.

John Cena: How am I feeling? Josh I’m feeling fired…up. I’m feeling fired up and I’m feeling ready to go out there tonight and WHIP KURT ANGLE’S ASS ALL OVER CONNECTICUT!!

Nice pop as the champ really is fired up in a big way.

John Cena: See Kurt likes to make statements, he likes to make claims. He claims that I(Cena laughs) that I'm afraid of goin’ face to face with him. That I’m a coward, that I'm scared of facin’ him. Well last week I stood in that ring out there and I called Kurt Angle out, I called him out to fight. But Kurt didn’t come knocking, naw, he got what he wanted, he got a shot at this and then he simply…walked away.

Boos ring round now.

John Cena: I find it real funny Josh that I’m bein’ called a coward, that I’m bein’ called a ‘false’ champion, that I supposedly won’t take on any and all challenges by a guy who…by a guy who attacked me from behind last week, who took me out when my back was turned. THAT was the ultimate act of cowardice. THAT was the act of a man who is truly runnin’ scared and THAT was the act of a man who knows, who KNOWS that at Summerslam, he’s gonn’ get found out, he’s gonn’ get his ass beat and he’s gonn’ run off with his tail between his legs because the champ will STILL…be here.

Massive pop again for a very intense Cena here tonight.

John Cena: Tonight? (Cena laughs) Tonight is gonna be just a small taster of what I do to Kurt Angle at Summerslam so Kurt I ain’t gonn’ sneak attack you, I ain’t gonn’ hit you when your back is turned. I’m gonn’ stand right in that ring, right in your face and I’m gonn’ beat your ass…like a real man.

Cena then spins his belt before heading off and we return ringside.

‘A Country Boy Can Survive’

It’s small heat but heat nonetheless as The Pitbulls make their way out with Jamie Noble and Kid Kash looking as fiercely determined as ever, all set for action.

Michael Cole: Strong words there from John Cena but Tazz back to the action and last week saw these two men Kid Kash and Jamie Noble pick up a huge win over the Mexicools. What would another victory tonight do for the Pitbulls?

Tazz: It’d put ‘em right in line for a shot at those WWE Tag Team Titles that’s what it’d do Cole. These two dudes are hugely talented and hugely underrated. Kash and Noble can go and they’ll prove it again tonight.

‘One of a Kind/619 Remix’

Van Dam and Rey come out, Mysterio fast paced as ever but Van Dam really doesn’t look like he wants to be there, hands on his hips, a pissed off look on his face as he strolls leisurely down alongside Rey Rey.

Michael Cole: And here come two men who’ve had quite the opposite in recent weeks to that of the Pitbulls. Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam coming off the back of a demoralising defeat at the Bash with Rob Van Dam showing a side of himself that well, we’ have never seen before.

Tazz: I’ve known Rob a long time Cole and I ain’t never seen him this way before. Van Dam is furious and he’s convinced MNM screwed him and Rey at the Bash and y’know? I believe he’s gonna do ANYTHING he can to prove it.

Match One: Tag Team Match

The Pitbulls vs. Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio

It’s Mysterio who starts things out as Van Dam doesn’t appear too fussed to be on the outside whilst it’s Kid Kash who begins the match for the Pitbulls. It’s high paced, high energy stuff with several arm drags from Mysterio preventing Kash getting any momentum as Mysterio then whips Kash into the ropes but Kash reverses and Mysterio rebounds TAKING KASH DOWN WITH A TILTAWHIRL HEADSCISSORS!! Beautiful stuff early on from Mysterio, the Connecticut crowd right behind the Ultimate Underdog as Kash is floored.

Kash is quickly to his feet however and races at Rey but the Master of the 619 keeps momentum, dropping Kash with an arm drag, followed by another before Mysterio begins to hammer away, strong kicks right across the mid section of Kash who is grimacing, in some discomfort here as Mysterio gains full control. Irish whip by Mysterio now as Kash collides in the corner, Rey comes a charging but NOBODY HOME!! Kash rolls outta the way, he turns round and clubs Mysterio with a corner clothesline!! Kash now looks to pick apart Rey, working over his opponent, shoulders into the gut of Rey before beginning an array of kicks to the mid section as Mysterio slumps to the corner.

Kash then works over the former Cruiserweight Champion, striking with some strong right hands and nice forearm shots that Mysterio has no answer to before Kash drops Rey dead centre of the ring with a nice vertical suplex before he drags Rey’s body over towards his corner, tagging in Jamie Noble. We get a shot of Rob Van Dam who looks disinterested in his partner’s predicament, looking around the crowd almost as though he’s lost while Noble continues to work over Rey before locking the Ultimate Underdog into a sleeper hold. Noble trying to keep the high flier grounded here.

Mysterio tries with all his might to battle out of the sleeper hold, the crowd urging him and Rey fights with all he’s got, Noble showing a fierce determination though to keep the hold in but Rey’s digging in, elbows to the mid section of Noble, the Pitbull’s grip breaking and Mysterio finally breaks free!! The crowd in Connecticut pop big time as Noble picks himself back up, Mysterio runs the ropes, Noble ducks underneath the charging Mexican, Rey runs through, SPRINGBOARD CROSSBODY!! Into a cover, 1...2...KASH BREAKS THE COUNT!!

Kid Kash saves the match there for his team as both Noble and Mysterio are down here, Mysterio though crawling towards his partner, the crowd desperate for Van Dam to make the tag but Mr.Friday Night doesn’t appear too concerned as he watches on at his partner. Jamie Noble is now dragging himself to his feet, using the ropes to help him up AS MYSTERIO TAGS VAN DAM IN!! Van Dam steps through the ropes, the crowd going crazy, Noble makes the tag too and here comes Kash!! Kash is reluctant though and stands off Van Dam who simply watches Kash get in the ring, an ‘R-V-D’ chant has begun but Van Dam simply stares at Kash who looks ready to go here. Mysterio is encouraging Van Dam on here but Van Dam puts his head down, seemingly then saying to himself ‘No’ before HE TAPS MYSTERIO ON THE BACK, TAGGING REY IN!! Van Dam has had enough and Van Dam HEADS OFF THE APRON AND UP THE RAMP!! Mysterio’s gonna go it alone!!

Mysterio is shocked, so too are the Pitbulls as Mysterio looks on up the ramp, asking Van Dam where he’s going but Van Dam simply walks away to some heat from the crowd here, MNM matters still clearly inside his head as we the…MYSTERIO ROLLED UP FROM BEHIND!! KASH HAS GOT THE TIGHTS!! 1...2...3...PITBULLS WIN!!

Winners: The Pitbulls(8:01)

Kash and Noble score big time as they duck out the ring elated after that victory while there’s confusion in the arena and on Mysterio’s face as Van Dam heads through the curtain.

Michael Cole: HUGE win for the Pitbulls!! But Tazz what on earth is going on with Rob Van Dam?!

Tazz: I-I-I’m stumped Cole, really I don’t know what’s goin’ on inside Van Dam’s head here but it can’t be good for him and it damn sure wasn’t good for Rey Mysterio here tonight.

We see Mysterio who is laying down on the mat, looking up the ramp but there is no sign of Van Dam, only the Pitbulls who back up celebrating another big victory as they seek tag team glory.

Commercials

Narrator: The biggest party of the summer.

The Summerslam logo appears across the screen as the Summerslam theme plays in the background.

Narrator: High pressure, high stakes.

We see a shot of Batista raising the World title high before a shot of a dejected Shawn Michaels.

Narrator: Who can overcome these obstacles?

We see Kurt Angle locking in the Ankle Lock on Randy Orton.

We then see Kane chokeslamming Chris Jericho.

Narrator: Who can stand tall?

We see John Cena FU’ing JBL.

Narrator: Who can rise to the occasion?

We see Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas celebrating.

Narrator: Who can handle… the heat?

We see a smirking Christian before an angered Ric Flair.

Batista: At Summerslam.

Flashing shot of the Animal landing a Batistabomb.

Edge: At Summerslam.

A brief shot of Edge delivering a Spear.

Randy Orton: At Summerslam.

The Legend Killer delivering an RKO is shown.

Ric Flair: At SUMMERSLAM! WOOO!

Flair locking in the Figure Four is then shown briefly.

Kurt Angle: At Summerslam.

We then see Angle locking in the Ankle lock, wrenching the hold in.

John Cena: At Summerslam.

It’s Cena’s turn then as we see the WWE champion deliver a thunderous FU.

Christian: The heat…is on.

A shot of a desert like scene is then shown as the Summerslam logo then appears again before…

Narrator: Summerslam: Can you handle the heat?

We then head off backstage where we see Rob Van Dam walking through the back, looking as frustrated a figure as we’ve ever seen him before Kristal Marshall approaches him from behind.

Kristal Marshall: Rob, Rob!! Everybody wants to know exactly why you just walked out on your partner Rey Mysterio?

Van Dam huffs and puffs.

Rob Van Dam: Why do you think Kristal? I mean c’mon, my head’s not in the game right now. Teddy Long knows that and yet he still puts me in a match out there tonight. I mean, seriously dude? I can’t go out there and give it my all, I can’t be the Rob Van Dam these people know and love. Yeah I walked out on Rey tonight but he knows it was nothing personal, this is ALL to do with MNM and until I get to the truth, I’m not gonna be able to give my all, both for myself and for Rey.

Van Dam goes to walk away but Kristal follows.

Kristal Marshall: Well Rob how close exactly are you to finding out the truth?

Rob Van Dam: If I was close, you really think I’d be in this much of a hurry to get away from you? I’m sorry Kristal but you, Josh Matthews, Teddy Long, hell, people even walking down the street!! Everybody keeps on getting involved in my business, keeps on asking me questions, ’What’s wrong Rob?’ ’Why are you acting this way?’ Well y’know what I am SICK…and tired of all that kinda crap so sweetheart, if ya wouldn’t mind? PLEASE…just back off.

Wow. Van Dam gets a little bit of heat for this as Kristal looks taken aback also and Van Dam heads off, a spring in his step as he clearly has ‘work’ to do here, keeping it short and sweet for everyone tonight. We then head back ringside to hear…

‘Longhorn’

It’s a ton of heat already as the trademark white limousine pulls out into the arena and out steps the man himself, a broad smile etched across his face as John Bradshaw Layfield arrives on the scene set for action.

Michael Cole: Last week Tazz this man promised us all that he’d make an impact and he did exactly that, launching a SICKENING assault on Bobby Lashley.

Tazz: Was nasty stuff from JBL last week Cole but he did what he promised to do. He made a big time impact and I think not only Bobby Lashley but the entire Smackdown locker room will have taken note. JBL is lookin’ up again and it starts with Bobby Lashley.

‘How Do You like me Now?’

It’s practically silence as Hardcore Holly makes his way out, set to take on another old timer in JBL.

Tazz: Cole, Hardcore Holly is a tough dude, he really is BUT if I would not wanna be anywhere near JBL right now. Bradshaw is focused, he’s determined, he’s ready to make another statement tonight. You can be sure of that.

Michael Cole: Hardcore Holly is no slouch though Tazz, you said it yourself. I’m sure we’ll find out just how serious JBL is here tonight about his climb back to the top on Friday nights. I just hope Hardcore Holly doesn’t suffer the same fate as Bobby Lashley.

Match Two: Singles Match

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Hardcore Holly

Bradshaw looks pretty determined here tonight, a stern look on his face as he eyes up Bob Holly from the opposite side of the ring and from here on out it’s all about the former WWE Champion sending yet another message as he dominates Holly from the get go.

Holly looks to take the fight to JBL but gets picked off as the Wall Street Warrior gets physical, displaying some venomous right hands, knocking Holly back towards the corner with Holly having no answer for the brutality of the ‘Wrestling God’. A series of kicks up against the turnbuckle send Holly slumped down into the corner as JBL smirks for the first time tonight. Holly is poised right now as Bradshaw takes a few steps back before charging and taking Holly’s head off with a boot to the face!! Thunderous impact from JBL as Holly looks dazed right now.

JBL continues to pick apart Holly, dominating him with more stern rights before a couple of hard scoop slams as the crowd boo the former champion as he continues to rile them up. Holly begins to show some kind of fight, Bradshaw perhaps taking too long to try and put him away and Holly responds with some rights of his own before a rake of the eyes from Bradshaw!! Holly’s blinded momentarily before GETITNG KNOCKED DOWN WITH A THUNDEROUS BIG BOOT!! Holly’s head is taken off as JBL looks at him with disgust before clearly wanting this over with as he brings Holly up, positions him before running the ropes and dismantling him with a CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Another fiercely determined look from JBL before he drops into the cover and gets the three count for a convincing win.

Winner: John Bradshaw Layfield(4:11)

Michael Cole: Statement made here tonight from JBL, an emphatic victory over Hardcore Holly but I’ve got no doubts that when Bobby Lashley gets his hands on the former WWE Champion, it’ll be a completely different ball game. Lashley will want payback on JBL.

Tazz: Absolutely Cole. Lashley is just…just a freak of nature and when he and Bradshaw lock horns, it’s gonna be a blockbuster.

Bradshaw kicks Holly out of the ring, a look of disgust across his face for Holly even thinking he stood a chance here tonight. The Wrestling God has a microphone in hand and already the Connecticut faithful are on his back as he gets set to speak.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Two weeks ago I vowed that I was going to make a HUGE impact. I promised the world that I was going to make a definitive statement and last week? Ha ha, last week yours truly delivered on that promise.

A ‘You Suck’ chant has now built up.

John Bradshaw Layfield: I took a man who is quite frankly… a freak of nature and I absolutely, positively, ain’t no two ways about it, WIPED THE FLOOR…with him.

Big time heat as Layfield lets out that grin of his.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Bobby Lashley, two hundred seventy plus pounds of sheer DOMINANCE. A guy who has walked into the WWE and he has taken it by storm. Everybody is talkin’ about this kid, about how he is and I quote, the ‘Real Deal’. Well last week I showed you all just how real Bobby Lashley is.

Layfield is quite intense now.

John Bradshaw Layfield: I came to this ring and I delivered him the beating of a LIFETIME!! Bobby Lashley is about as real as FREAKIN’ SUPERMAN!! I promised to make an impact, I promised to make a statement and good GOD ALMIGHTY didn’t I just?

More strong heat for Jibbles here.

John Bradshaw Layfield: But that? That isn’t enough for me, no, no. See last week showed a few doubters that JBL is still very much on top around this place but I need to do more, I gotta go one better. Incase you people forgot, I am a WRESTLINGGGGGGGGGG GAWDDDDDDDD and at Summerslam, I wanna prove it, I wanna shut the doubters up once and for all.

Layfield nods as he’s seemingly thrown down the gauntlet.

John Bradshaw Layfield: So I’m gonna make this real simple. Bobby Lashley, the undefeated, unstoppable powerhouse. The supposed ‘Real Deal‘, I’m puttin’ the challenge to ya kid, me and you, Summerslam, I want an answer and I want it…right now.

Bradshaw has indeed laid down the challenge as he await’s a reply from Lashley here. Will the young challenger accept the fight.

‘Hell Will be Callin’ your Name’

Oh he’s about to find out as here comes BOBBY LASHLEY!! LASHLEY CHARGES DOWN TO THE RING AS JBL AWAITS HIM!! JBL AND LASHLEY GONNA GO TOE TO TOE HERE!!

Michael Cole: Bobby Lashley doesn’t look as though he wants to wait til Summerslam!! Bobby Lashley making a beeline for JBL!!

Tazz: I told ya this was gonna be blockbuster!!

Lashley storms into the ring BUT JBL SLIDES UNDER THE BOTTOM ROPE!! BRADSHAW RUNS UP THE RAMP TO THUNDEROUS HEAT!!

Michael Cole: Oh you gotta be kidding me?! So much for wanting to prove yourself huh, so much for wanting to make another statement.

Bradshaw raises the mic to address B-Lash.

John Bradshaw Layfield: You think I’m stupid huh? Do ya? I’m not gonna fight you tonight, I‘m not gonna fight you unprepared. All I want from you tonight… is an answer, all I want from you is to step inside the ring at Summerslam with one of THE all time legends in this business.

There’s a shit load of heat for that statement.

John Bradshaw Layfield: I want you to be put to the test, I wanna show these people how FAKE you really are, how much of a FRAUD you really are Bobby and I wanna do it when the pressure’s on, the lights are shinin’ bright, I wanna do it on the big stage, not here tonight in front of all these ingrates.

Oh Layfield knows how to push these fans buttons.

John Bradshaw Layfield: So what’s it to be huh? You got the guts to face me Bobby? You got the nerve to try your luck with the greatest of ‘em all?

Lashley grabs a mic off of Tony Chimel.

Bobby Lashley: If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I’ve got the guts and I’ve got the nerve to take on… ANYBODY.

Nice pop as it’s the first time we’ve really heard from Lashley on Smackdown.

Bobby Lashley: I accept your challenge and when Summerslam’s over and done with, you will know that Bobby Lashley is far from fake and you’ll know that Bobby Lashley is NO fraud. Bobby Lashley is nothing…but the ‘Real Deal’.

Another nice pop for the powerhouse who appears to be done talking here, the match all set for August 21st. JBL though then begins to smile and starts clapping.

John Bradshaw Layfield: Congratulations kid, congratulations.

Layfield then stops clapping and the smile disappears as he turns deadly serious, taking a second.

John Bradshaw Layfield: You just signed your own death wish.

Bradshaw then drops the mic and exits through the curtain, an intense look on both he and Lashley’s faces as Lashley’s music hits and the crowd recognise the combustible situation they just witnessed, Lashley pandering to them as they cheer for the ‘Real Deal’.

Michael Cole: Another MAJOR match up set for Summerslam!! The undefeated Bobby Lashley will go toe to toe with JBL!! Tazz it is gonna be a huge night for Lashley come August 21st.

Tazz: Biggest night of this young dude’s career and we’ll see exactly what Lashley’s made of come Summerslam. JBL’s got a point to prove, Lashley’s got a point to prove, the score’s gonna be settled in less than two weeks Cole, I can’t freakin’ wait for this one!!

Commercials

We return and immediately see Josh Matthews stood backstage ready to speak to us.

Josh Matthews: Ladies and gentleman joining me at this time, the Legend Killer, Randy Orton.

Orton appears into shot, dressed to compete ahead of his tag match later on. The Legend Killer wears a wry smile as the crowd boo the former World Champion.

Josh Matthews: Randy last week you made it abundantly clear that this time around you are not going to fall foul to The Undertaker’s mind games and that the Deadman himself needs to be on his toes. Do you believe the message you sent last week will have put The Undertaker on notice?

Randy Orton: Last week had to put The Undertaker on notice Josh because he now knows, he now fully understands that I’m not gonna fall for his little tricks, I’m not gonna get involved in any of his games. This time around he’s the one who’s gonna be on the receiving end, he’s going to have to deal with my own mind games. I’m gonna get inside his head like nobody before, it started last week and tonight? Tonight I guarantee it continues.

Orton has a stern look on his face now, much change from his arrogant look earlier on.

Randy Orton: I caught The Undertaker off guard last week, my plan worked to absolute perfection, The Undertaker just did not see it coming. Tonight he’s gonna be a little more ready for it, he’s gonna be a little more prepared but that will count for absolutely nothing. It won’t matter at all because the end result tonight will be the exact same as it was at Judgment Day and the exact same as it WILL be at Summerslam. Randy Orton defeating…The Undertaker.

Nice heat there for Orton’s statement.

Randy Orton: When I’m through with him at Summerslam though, it’ll be a little different. At Summerslam I’m not just going to beat The Undertaker, I am going to FINISH The Undertaker, once and for all, the Deadman…will be no more. No more gong, no more lights out, no more lightening bolts, no more CRAP coming my way, all that’ll be left is another legend KILLED…at the hands of Randy Orton.

More strong heat.

Josh Matthews: Well Randy regarding your match tonight, you don’t just face The Undertaker, you face the WWE Champion John Cena. Any concerns at all regar…

Randy Orton: Any conc..(starts laughing) Any concerns…regarding John Cena?

Orton strokes his chin, laughing a little to himself still.

Randy Orton: I will never, let me make this clear to you, I will NEVER have any concerns regarding John Cena. My priority right now is one man and one man only but if John Cena wants to step in my way here tonight? Hey, I got no problem with that, no problem with that at all. Because if John Cena does step in my path here tonight he’ll go the exact same route The Undertaker went last week and you people will not just witness The Undertaker down and out… your precious WWE Champion will join him too.

Orton then heads off, his message loud and clear for all to hear in Connecticut this evening. We then return ringside to hear…

‘MasterPiece’

We return to the sight of the Masterpiece, Chris Masters making his way down to ringside, greeted with a small amount of heat, fresh off a sterling performance last week against The Undertaker.

Michael Cole: Welcome back ringside and we are all set for a big match up here tonight for both men involved, this man being one of ‘em, the Masterpiece, Chris Masters. Masters went toe to toe last week with The Undertaker in an impressive fashion and he’ll wanna build on that with a win here tonight Tazz.

Tazz: No doubt about it Cole, Masters stepped up his game last week and he ain’t gonna wanna let that defeat hurt him. He took on one of the very best and he gave as good as he got, tonight he’s gotta do the same thing.

‘Stay in Shadow’

It’s a very nice pop that greets the sound of the former Cruiserweight Champion’s music, Paul London who storms down to the ring, looking set for a big win here this evening.

Michael Cole: Well Chris Masters may need a victory here tonight but there’s no doubting Paul London could do with the same. London was defeated back at the Bash by Gregory Helms for the Cruiserweight Championship and will wanna send a message to the man formerly known as The Hurricane.

Tazz: Absolutely. Paul London was robbed at the Bash and a win here tonight will do nothing but give him all the more confidence that he can take back that Cruiserweight title and that he can get one over on Chavo Guerrero and of course, Gregory Helms.

The match is about to start, the two men circling each other, the bell rings but…

‘Listen, It’s Time’

The music of Gregory Helms hits and out come the Cruiserweight Champion along with his partner in crime, Chavo Guerrero. There’s confusion on the face of Paul London while Masters doesn’t look too phased. Helms and Guerrero then make their way down towards the announce table and take a headset to join Michael Cole and Tazz.

Michael Cole: Well in a surprising turn of events we are being joined here tonight by the Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms along with Chavo Guerrero. Guys welcome aboard, what brings you out here?

Gregory Helms: Shut up Cole. We ain’t out here to explain ourselves to you, we’re just out here to get a birdseye view of this punk Paul London.

Chavo Guerrero: Tazz good to see you, Cole as Greg just said, please... just keep your mouth shut.

Tazz: You heard ‘em Cole, keep it zipped my man and let these two dudes do the talkin’.

Michael Cole: Well we know that’s not gonna be a problem for either of ’em is it?

Helms and Chavo look at each other fuming.

Gregory Helms: What the HELL did you just say?

Cole shuts up now as Helms and Chavo shake their heads in disgust and this thing finally starts up.

Match Three: Singles Match

Paul London vs. Chris Masters

London looks to start off like a house on fire, taking it to Masters with his usual fast offense and high paced style, strong right hands from the former Cruiserweight Champion before an early cover off of a beautiful dropkick scores London a two count, Masters struggling to cope with the speed of his opponent here.

The tables are soon turned though as London perhaps tries too much, whipping Masters into the turnbuckle, taking a running start before charging at Piece but Masters takes his head off with a clothesline!! London is completely out of it as Gregory Helms applauds on commentary saying ‘That’s the Paul London we’re used to seeing’. Masters now establishes a hold of the match, keeping London grounded, hammering away with nasty kicks to both the right and left leg of London who winces in pain as Masters then runs the ropes himself, smashing a leg drop across London’s mid section. Cover from Masters, kick out at two from the high flier.

Masters brings London to his feet now, clobbering him with several right hands before an Irish whip to his smaller opponent as Chavo notes how London can’t deal with the larger opponent’s power here. London collides into the turnbuckle and Masters smashes a shoulder into his gut, shoulder after shoulder repeatedly into London’s mid section as London gasps out in pain. Masters then drops his Cruiserweight opponent with a nice scoop slam before Piece heads to the top rope, taking a page from London’s book here as Michael Cole questions how wise this is, on the other hand Gregory Helms questioning how wise Cole is.

Masters waits for London to get to his feet, the high flier does so as Masters FLIES HIGH, LONDON WITH A DROPKICK!! DROPKICK IN MID AIR FROM PAUL LONDON!! WOW!! The crowd eat that one up as Masters is floored, it’s taken a bit out of London too who is down as Chavo Guerrero takes off his head set, where’s Chavo going? Chavo begins to wander round the ring, Helms remains on commentary as the men in the ring look to make it to their feet, London doing so first, Masters a little bit behind and he’s met with a boot by London, fast right hands now before an Irish whip. Masters rebounds into a beautiful arm drag, Masters quickly rises, into another arm drag before London strikes with another picture perfect drop kick!

Chavo has now made his way around towards the ramp, the crowd booing the Mexican Warrior while London sets Masters up, boot to the mid section, DDT!! DDT CONNECTS!! London’s headed up top, the crowd are on their feet BUT CHAVO HOPS ONTO THE APRON!! Chavo gets the referee’s attention as Paul London’s set to fly BUT GREGORY HELMS SHOVES LONDON OFF THE TOP!! LONDON FALLS FACE FIRST INTO THE BARRICADE!! Helms then quickly picks London up, Chavo still remonstrating with the referee, Helms lines London up, BAM!! TITLE SHOT TO THE SKULL!! LONDON IS OUT!! Helms then tosses London back inside the ring before strolling round the ring, the crowd shitting all over him and Chavo who hops off the apron. Inside the ring London is out cold as Masters crawls towards the lifeless body of his opponent, arm across his chest, cover…1...2...3...big win for the Masterpiece.

Winner: Chris Masters(7:13)

Michael Cole: DAMN IT!! Paul London had the match won!! Paul London was gonna win this thing only for Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms to sink their claws in, Helms using that Cruiserweight title as a damn weapon Tazz!!

Tazz: Brutal from the Cruiserweight Champ Cole, ain’t no two ways about it. Paul London may want that gold back but as long as Helms and Chavo keep this up, London ain’t getting a sniff. These two are smart, they’re calculated and when it comes down to business, they’re brutal. This partnership could DOMINATE the Cruiserweight division for as long as they want.

Helms and Chavo back up the ramp, Helms clutching his title as both men smile, Chavo pointing back at London as the former champ comes to his feet, looking desperately disappointed at being robbed here tonight by his adversaries.

We then head off backstage where we see KURT ANGLE walking around backstage!! The Olympic Gold Medalist looks to be in quite an intense mood as he checks his shoulder, clearly wary that John Cena may be on his tail here tonight. Angle is then approached by Kristal Marshall!

Kristal Marshall: Kurt! Kurt can we get a quick word regarding your attack last week on John Cena?

Angle stops still, looks at Kristal as if to say ‘Are you kidding me?’ before the Wrestling Machine walks away, clearly not ready to give anything away here tonight and Kristal looks on disappointedly having got nothing out of Angle regarding his actions last week.

Commercials

We return and we’re shown around a Golf course, we see several golfers and their caddies walking around the place before we’re taken inside the club and we see two men lining up with their clubs, waiting to head out to the course presumably. We then cut back to the course where we see two men appear into shot, dressed in golf gear and it’s two men we came to know last week as the cunning duo of JTG and Shad Gaspard, better known as Cryme Tyme come into shot.

JTG: Yo, how much you think we can get then man?

Shad Gaspard: Depends how many we can get, you know the deal right? We do what we gotta do, suckers inside get a seein’ to, we duck out and we make that money real quick baby.

JTG and Shad acknowledge the plan here before they head inside the club where those two men still await. Cryme Tyme get their ‘posh’ act sorted out.

Shad Gaspard: Ah good afternoon gentleman, help you with your clubs?

Golfer 1: About time, we’ve been waiting nearly fifteen minutes for some caddies to arrive. I suppose you two will have to do.

JTG: (Whispering) We got ourselves some punks here dawg, you gonn’ let me hit ‘em wit’ the club or what?

Shad elbows JTG to be quiet.

Shad Gaspard: It would be our pleasure.

Shad and JTG take a bag of clubs each before the four all head out to the course and to the first tee. The first golfer lines up, getting a driver out and taking a practice swing as he and his partner have a laugh and a joke. JTG and Shad though are discussing something.

JTG: How we gonn do this then man? We really gotta sit thru eighteen holes o’ this?

Shad Gaspard: You for real? We ain’t sittin’ thru one of these things man. They gonn’ hit their shots, we gonn’ find one of those buggies over there and we gonn’ head out, a’ight?

JTG: A’ight man, I’ma follow yo’ lead.

The second golfer then takes his shot before both men start walking down towards where their balls have landed. JTG and Shad however begin to head back towards the clubhouse.

Golfer 2: Hey, hey!! Where are you two goin’?

Shad Gaspard: We’re just going to get a buggy, will make things a whole lot easier getting round the course for you two gentleman.

Golfer 1: Alright but I want him to stay with us, I don’t trust two guys like you takin’ our clubs off.

The two men laugh while JTG looks horrified again.

JTG: Shad I’m telling’ you man, I’ma hit ‘em wit’ the clubs, I’MA DO IT!!

Shad Gaspard: Look calm down brother, I’ma get the buggy, you stay wit’ them.

JTG heads off to join them, Shad heading the opposite way.

Golfer 2: Would you hurry up over there? We haven’t got all day.

JTG huffs and puffs.

JTG: You ain’t got all day and in about ten minutes you ain’t got no clubs neither.

Golfer 2: Hey, what did you just say?

Golfer 1: I knew he wanted to take our clubs, I told you!!

The two men look pissed, JTG smiling to himself as right on schedule, Shad comes flying into things on the golf buggy.

Shad Gaspard: We uh, we got a problem here gentleman?

Golfer 2: You’re damn right we got a problem! Your buddy here just threatened to steal our clubs!!

Shad gives JTG a death glare as he shrugs it off. Golfer 1 then rolls his sleeves up, he wants to give JTG a seeing to here!

JTG: What the hell are you doin’ Jack?

Golfer 1: Who you callin’ Jack? I’m gonna teach you that you don’t threaten me, you don’t threaten to take my belongings. I’m not gonna stand back and take that kinda crap from people like you.

Shad Gaspard: Yo, yo, yo, what do you mean people like us?

Golfer 2: What do yo think he means? He means PEOPLE like you.

JTG: Oh, no he didn’t. Shad, baby tell me those words didn’t just come out his mouth.

Shad begins to smile, holding his wrist

Shad Gaspard: They did, they did man and they wanna teach us a little lesson right here so hey, seeing as people like us are beneath people like you, how bout you get a free shot? Go right ahead.

Golfer 1 and Golfer 2 get themselves ready, they wanna go here before SWINGING but Shad and JTG GRAB THEM AND TOSS THEM INTO THE BUNKERS!! Shad and JTG wipe their hands of the mess they just caused before putting the clubs in the back of the buggy and they begin to drive off!!

Shad Gaspard: People gotta learn ain’t that right J? People gotta learn not to mess with us. We ain’t takin’ that kinda crap from nobody, white folk, black folk, yellow folk, it don’t matter. We ain’t gonn’ stand back and take that.

JTG: Damn straight baby. And if people do mess with us? Hey, they gonn’ get their asses handed to ‘em and not only that…

Shad Gaspard: Not ONLY that…

JTG: But they gonn’ give us a little gift as a symbol of apology. Just like these clubs right here.

Shad holds his hands up.

Shad Gaspard: Hey, we ain’t …steal… nuttin‘. We got those clubs as an ‘apology’…

JTG: Chyeahhhhhhhh. And pretty soon the entire Smackdown roster? They gonn’ be apologising too, cos although we ain’t steal nuttin’, nine times out of ten? Cryme Tyme still gets…what they want.

And with that JTG and Shad head off in their golf buggy, the golf clubs they desired in the back and we get a message of…

Cryme Tyme: Coming soon to Smackdown!

We then return ringside to hear…

‘Can you Dig it? Suckaaaaa’

And it’s a very warm response as out steps the former 5 time WCW Champion, Booker T!

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown and things continue to remain unresolved between this man Booker T and his long time friend turned bitter rival, Rhyno but Tazz NEXT WEEK it may all come to an end. We have just received word that on Friday Night Smackdown, just forty eight hours before Summerslam we will see the blow off match between Booker T and Rhyno. It’ll be the former WCW Champion taking on the Man Beast in a 2 out of 3 falls match!! There will be NO disputing just who the better man is come the end of next week.

A graphic is displayed for all to see of Booker T vs. Rhyno; 2 out of 3 Falls Match; Next Week!

Tazz: I can’t wait for that one Cole. Booker and Rhyno, they been at each other’s throats for so damn long now, next week it finally comes to an end. These two former friends are gonna tear the crap outta one another next week, gonna be off the charts. We’re in for a treat before we even get to Summerslam!!

‘It wasn’t my Fault’

Out next comes the ogre of a man we know as Snitsky, a menacing look on his face as he gets set to take on the former WCW Champion.

Tazz: Cole I forgot to say, that’s if Booker makes it to next week!! This dude Snitsky is gonna give him a run for his money here tonight. He is a bad, BAD dude and Booker’s gonna have to get the job done here tonight.

Michael Cole: Indeed Snitsky is a dangerous individual and Booker T knows he’s not gonna be in for an easy ride tonight. I’m sure that with Rhyno right around the corner, Booker’s gonna want to send a message to his rival here tonight.

Match Four: Singles Match

Booker T vs. Snitsky

Booker starts off strongly as the much bigger Snitsky is left on his heels with Booke’s fast paced aggression. The former WCW Champion works over the powerhouse with some quick right hands before pounding away with some vicious kicks to the mid section before a hard clubbing shot pulls Snitsky down. Booker quickly pulls him to his feet and whips the big man into the turnbuckle, Snitsky thundering back off it into the path of Booker who strikes with an expert kick to the jaw, taking Snitsky’s chin off almost as Booker drops into an early cover, kick out at two from Snitsky.

Booker’s eager to finish this one off though and quickly drags Snitsky up, sending him backtracking into the corner as he begins to mount more offense, this time with a string of knife edge chops, met with the usual ‘Woooos’ from the crowd as Snitsky grimaces. Booker then pumps up the crowd, backing away from his opponent and he charges at the big man but Snitsky takes him out with a clothesline!! Booker is fallen and now Snitsky can look to make his mark and all of a sudden there’s a buzz from the fans as RHYNO appears on stage. The ‘Man Beast’ simply remains on stage taking a closer look at his former friend now turned rival here.

Snitsky now works over Booker, hammering away with some devastating kicks to the mid section whilst Booker lays collapsed on the mat, Snitsky showing just how brutal he can be as he delivers a nasty leg drop across Booker’s chest. Snitsky goes for a cover, kick out at two though from Booker as the fans try to rally round the Master of the Spin-a-rooni.

Snitsky looks somewhat angered and brings Booker to his feet, smashing him with a right hand as we get a shot of Rhyno once again on looking, Snitsky then whips Booker across the ring, Booker rebounding and Snitsky goes for a big boot but Booker ducks underneath and spins Snitsky round, BAM! Atomic drop from Booker, Snitsky’s in trouble here, kick to the mid section by Booker, SCISSOR KICK CONNECTS!! Cover by Booker, 1...2...3..big win for Booker T!

Winner: Booker T(5:30)

Michael Cole: BIG win for Booker T as he now looks forward to one week from tonight when he will finally settle the score with Rhyno! How much momentum can Booker take from this win here tonight?

Tazz: A whole heck of a lot if ya ask me Cole. Snitsky’s strong, he’s powerful, he ain’t easy to beat and hey, Rhyno’s strong, Rhyno’s powerful and Rhyno damn sure ain’t easy to beat. Booker knows that and he’ll do exactly what he did here tonight next week and he’ll look to finish things wit’ the ‘Man Beast’. I’m pumped Cole.

Booker looks on As he sees Rhyno who is still stood on top of the stage having not taken his eyes off Booker since making his way out. Booker looks up at his rival, his eyes all popping out, having seen his rival show his face tonight before he then invites Rhyno into the ring but the Man Beast simply smirks before saying, ‘I’ll see you next week, I will FINISH you next week’. The staredown continues as we fade away.

Commercials

We return from the break and we’re immediately sent backstage where we see Rob Van Dam continuing to make his way around the building, everybody still wondering just what Van Dam is up to, what he’s looking to find here. Van Dam appears to still be angry, his mood unchanged from earlier but he then stops, dead in his tracks, a curious look on his face as the camera then shifts and we see MNM stood just around the corner, standing right outside in the car park!! All three members, Mercury, Nitro and Melina are there as Van Dam tries to get closer, listening to every word they’re saying.

Melina: Look he can’t prove anything alright, Teddy showed him that tape and guess what? NONE of us were there, there is NO evidence to what Rob is saying. As far as I’m concerned and as far as Teddy Long’s concerned, it’s case closed and I’m relying on you two to make sure it stays that way. Can I trust you to keep your mouths shut?

Mercury and Nitro look at one another before nodding.

Melina: You won fair and square at the Bash. I wasn’t involved, nobody we ‘know’ was involved. That is our story and we’re sticking to it. You guys see or hear anything from Van Dam, you let me know and I’ll figure something out ok? Besides, the amount of money we paid ‘you know who’, they could probably deliver us another favour or two right?

Melina then laughs devilishly to herself as Mercury and Nitro join in.

Johnny Nitro: Not just beauty but the brains of the group as well. The three of us just can’t go wrong can we?

Joey Mercury: Hey, Mysterio and Van Dam couldn’t stop us, Teddy Long couldn’t stop us and those security tapes sure as HELL couldn’t stop us!! Ain’t nobody bringing MNM down!!

The trio again all smirk.

Melina: C’mon, lets get out of here boys. Places to go, people to see.

The trio then head off into the distance, the camera then returning to Van Dam who has a puzzled look on his face, his demeanour changing from anger to confusion as he thinks about what he’s just heard before saying quietly, ‘The amount of money they paid’ as if to question what he just took in. Mr.Friday Night then says ‘I knew it’ before heading off at a pace towards the car park. It appears although Teddy Long’s investigation is over with, Van Dam’s is still far from finished.

We then return ringside, set for our main event…

Michael Cole: Tazz did I just hear what I think I heard, have MNM paid off somebody to take part in this whole thing? Have the Tag Team Champions really bought a way out of the stipulation at the Bash? I mean-I-I’m in shock here.

Tazz: It could be anything Cole, we don’t know for sure, I mean Melina coulda been talkin’ about anything.

‘Burn in my Light’

It’s immediate heat as the ever familiar sound of Randy Orton’s music hits and out steps the Legend Killer, already having delivered a message here tonight.

Michael Cole: You honestly can’t believe that Tazz. MNM are guilty as charged here and I think it’s only a matter of time before Rob Van Dam and ALL of us find out the truth. But back to the action here tonight and a man who made a major statement last week, playing The Undertaker at his own game as the Legend Killer began the mind games with the Deadman, laying the Phenom out with an RKO.

Tazz: Orton definitely pulled one outta the bag last week Cole. The Undertaker knows that Orton ain’t gonna lie down for him, the Deadman’s gonna have to pull out all the stops to finally put an end to Randy Orton. It’s gonna be an incredible battle when these two men go toe to toe at Summerslam, that’s for damn sure.

‘Medal’

It’s a ton of heat that comes for the number one contender as out steps Kurt Angle, a look of focus, determination, intensity all etched on the Wrestling Machine’s face.

Michael Cole: The actions of this man last week Tazz were disgusting. Kurt Angle claimed John Cena was scared, that John Cena was afraid of facing him, that John Cena was shying away from his advances and yet what does Kurt Angle do? Kurt Angle ambushes John Cena from behind.

Tazz: Kurt got what he wanted last week Cole. He got his shot at the WWE title and now he’s got that? It don’t matter what he does leadin’ up to Summerslam. Attacking John Cena last week was him sendin’ a message, was him getting one over on the champion, getting inside his head and Angle did all of that and more.

Angle and Orton share a stare at one another, these two have had their run ins in the past month or so, there’s certainly no love lost as they now await their opponents.

‘GONG’

‘Graveyard Symphony’

The Deadman steps out to a thunderous ovation, the infamous gong having gone off and the look in the eyes of Randy Orton having changed to one of intrigue more than anything as the Phenom makes his way down to the ring.

Michael Cole: Tazz how do you believe the Deadman will have reacted to what went down last week, being the victim of his own mind games at the hands of Randy Orton?

Tazz: Not too well in my book Cole. The Undertaker is the master of the mind games and for Randy Orton to get one over on him like that, for his long time rival to pull one over on him like that, it ain’t gonna have sat well with the Phenom. Randy Orton’s gonna need to be on his guard here tonight cos I think the Deadman’s gonna be out to make a statement tonight.

The Undertaker steps inside the ring, doing his usual routine, both Angle and Orton watching on, surprisingly they both appear unfazed as Taker now awaits his partner.

‘My Time is Now’

And here indeed comes the WWE Champion, John Cena! Cena steps out on stage and immediately sets his sights on Angle, the tension evident for all in the arena to feel as Cena marches down ringside, not taking his eyes off the Wrestling Machine, Angle returning the favour.

Michael Cole: The look in the eyes of the WWE Champion says it all Tazz. John Cena issued the challenge, Summerslam, Kurt Angle and him for the WWE title, they would finally settle things face to face, man to man only for Kurt Angle to assault him from behind. Kurt Angle took the cowards way out last week and John Cena will look to get him some of Angle here tonight!

Tazz: Absolutely, I think it’s a guarantee that the champ ain’t gonna be in the mood for any of Angle’s games tonight. Angle wanted to send a message last week and we heard from John Cena earlier on tonight, I think he got that message loud and clear.

Match Five: Tag Team Match

John Cena and The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle and Randy Orton

The Deadman kicks this contest off and Kurt Angle argues with Randy Orton over who should start out for their team, both pleading why it should NOT be them. In the end it’s Angle who draws the short straw and the Wrestling Machine begins circling the ring with the Phenom. The two men lock up in the centre of the ring but Taker overpowers Angle into the corner and the hold is broken as Taker goes to town on his opponent, big right hands as Angle has no response to the power and speed of the Deadman here.

Taker keeps the pressure on Angle as he mounts more right hands before a big time Irish whip as Angle bounds into the opposite corner, Angle slams out of the corner right into the path of Taker who CATCHES KURT WITH SNAKE EYES!! Angle stumbles out of the corner as Taker runs the ropes, BIG BOOT!! Angle ducks it, grabs Taker from behind and NAILS A GERMAN SUPLEX!! Angle sensing Taker was coming and used all his speed to quickly catch him off guard as Taker is down for the first time tonight, Angle down also, catching a small breather right now.

Angle then gets to his feet, Randy Orton staring at him, these two having had some history together but Angle doesn’t wanna tag here, instead heading back over to Taker and he begins to assault the Deadman, hammering away with vicious stomps to the back of Taker’s head, Angle showing real venom here as he looks to send a message to the WWE Champion, Angle glancing in his direction as Cena watches on.

Angle keeps working over Taker, an array of kicks and elbows to the back of the head, the neck of the Phenom before Angle locks in a sleeper hold, trying to wear down his opponent here, the crowd though right behind the legendary Demon of Death Valley. Angle wrenches the hold in as Taker looks pretty groggy here, Angle having spent the last couple of minutes picking him apart. We see John Cena urging Taker on here as he grasps out in hope of finding something, anything to bring him out of this predicament whilst we then see Angle’s face, one of determination as he tries to finish this thing off. An ‘UN-DER-TA-KER’ chant has begun and it seems to inspire the Deadman who starts to find his way up, now to his knees as Angle’s determination changes to concern as Taker begins to dig his elbows in on Angle’s mid section, Angle looking a little winded here as Taker pounds away and he breaks the hold!! Taker breaks free as Angle is doubled over momentarily and Taker strikes! Big right from Taker followed by an onslaught of more right hands, boot to the gut, Irish whip, Taker runs the opposite side of the ring, FLYING CLOTHESLINE!! Angle is down but so too is Taker and it’s a race to their partners here!!

Orton has an arm stretched out, Cena likewise as both Angle and Taker draw ever closer, Taker’s large frame appears to be getting there first but Angle shows a burst of energy and makes the tag, here comes Randy Orton but here too comes John Cena!! The WWE Champion is in like a house on fire as Orton has no response to Cena’s frenetic pace, right hand after right hand from the champ as Orton struggles to get any type of defence in. Orton’s up against the ropes, Cena with an Irish whip, Orton rebounds right into a big back body drop!! Orton is floored as Cena awaits his return to his feet, Orton’s up, spins round, SPINNING SIDE SLAM!! The fans are on their feet here, they know what’s coming, Cena runs the ropes BUT KURT ANGLE HOLDS CENA’S ARM!! Cena spins round, about to blow a gasket but Angle drops to the outside, wanting nothing to do with Cena, pointing at his head, further getting inside Cena’s as Cena turns back around, BAM!! DROPKICK BY ORTON!!

Cena is floored, Angle’s mind games working a treat as the Legend Killer finds his way back into things now and begins to stomp away all over Cena, working the champion from head to toe. Orton continues to oust Cena, whipping him into the corner before delivering a big corner clothesline leaving the champion winded. Orton then drags Cena out of the corner, nailing a boot to the gut before an Irish whip as Cena rebounds right into a picture perfect fall away slam!! Beautiful move by Orton, into the cover, 1...2...kick out at two as we see The Undertaker watching on intently at his Summerslam opponent.

Orton has a sly look about him as he eyes up the Deadman before turning his attentions back towards Cena. Orton begins to hammer away with more stomps across Cena’s mid section, keeping the champion down. Orton then draws Cena to his feet, nailing him with a thunderous uppercut that sends Cena spiralling. Orton now with an Irish whip, Cena comes back off the ropes and right into Orton, big back body drop, NO! CENA LANDS ON HIS FEET! A turning point perhaps here as Orton turns around, BAM! Flying shoulder block from Cena!! The champ building momentum here as Orton gets to his feet again, the Spinning side slam incoming again BUT A THUMB TO THE EYE FROM ORTON!! Cena is blinded as Orton gets the hell out of dodge and TAGS IN ANGLE!! Orton hightails it, wanting nothing to do with Cena as he hops off the apron and around the ring, where’s Orton going? There’s a buzz all of a sudden though as THE UNDERTAKER PURSUES THE LEGEND KILLER!! TAKER IS HEADED FOR ORTON!!

Orton keeps walking but he’s pulled from behind, BAM!! BIG RIGHT FROM TAKER!! Taker and Orton now brawling on the outside, inside the ring Angle is….waiting for Cena? Kurt Angle is waiting for John Cena to regain his composure after the thumb to the eye as Angle steps in the ring, willing Cena on here, the crowd confused as we then see Taker smash Orton head first off the barricade!!

Cena is now upright, his sight restored as Angle looks on at him, suggesting that the face to face, one on one confrontation is gonna go down here, just like he wanted, just like Cena wanted. Angle motions ‘Come on’ and the crowd are ready and raring as Cena charges RIGHT INTO A LOW BLOW FROM ANGLE!! WHAT THE HELL?!? ANGLE KICKS CENA SQUARE IN THE NUTS!! The referee has no choice but to ring the bell. We then see on the outside The Undertaker turn to look at why the bell has been rang, a look of anger on his face before he turns back around and RANDY ORTON WITH ANOTHER THUMB TO THE EYE, THIS TIME TO TAKER, BUYING HIM SOME TIME BEFORE HE HIGHTAILS IT AGAIN, RANDY ORTON HAS ESCAPED THROUGH THE CROWD!!

Winners via Disqualification: John Cena and The Undertaker (11:52)

The fans boo profusely as Angle and Orton have taken the easy way out here, making use of any opportunity to get away from and get inside the heads again of their opponents.

Michael Cole: Kurt Angle AGAIN taking the damn easy way out!! Kurt Angle again escaping from the clutches of John Cena!! I thought Angle wanted Cena one on one Tazz, I thought he wanted him face to face!!

Tazz: It’s all mind games Cole. Angle ain’t afraid of Cena, I’d bet my life on that one but what Kurt is, is he’s smart and all this is gonna get inside the head of John Cena come Summerslam. Hey, who knows it may all just work to perfection for the Wrestlin’ Machine.

Angle points at his head as Cena looks on angrily having been completely floored by Angle’s low blow. The Olympic Gold Medalist clearly pleased with his ‘smart’ strategy here tonight as he smirks at the fallen champion. Meanwhile we see The Undertaker now enter the ring, Randy Orton having also managed to escape his clutches tonight, the fan favourites being denied their opportunities of payback this evening. Taker looks on at Cena as the champion brings himself to his feet, the two men then have a tense face off before Cena diverts his attention back up to Angle, looking one pissed off SOB right now while Taker does likewise to the wily Orton who remains in the crowd watching on.

Michael Cole: Randy Orton has escaped from the clutches of the Deadman here tonight. Kurt Angle has avoided a fired up WWE Champion but the question is, for how long? John Cena and The Undertaker are gonna get their shot at Summerslam. Will the games continue as the road to Summerslam winds down or will it all be game over for Randy Orton and for Kurt Angle come August 21st? Goodnight everybody!!

The final shot is of Orton watching on, looking pleased with his work from the crowd before we see Kurt Angle stood on top of the ramp, a hefty grin still on his face also as we then see inside the ring, Cena looking on, mouthing words to the Wrestling Machine and we then see The Undertaker looking out into a sea of people, his sights set on Randy Orton as the two faces then turn their attention back to one another, a brief staredown before seemingly a nod of respect shown as we then fade to black.

Date: 21st August 2005

World Heavyweight Championship:
Special Guest Referee:
Shawn Michaels
Batista(c) vs Kane

WWE Championship:
John Cena(c) vs Kurt Angle

If Ric Flair loses, he must retire:
Christian w/Tomko vs Ric Flair

Randy Orton vs The Undertaker

WWE Intercontinental Championship:
Muhammad Hassan(c) vs Shelton Benjamin

Money in the Bank Contract:
Edge vs Chris Jericho

WWE United States Championship:
Matt Hardy(c) vs Carlito

8 Man Tag Team Match:
The Dudley Boyz and The Basham Brothers vs Ken Doane and Nick Nemeth; The Platform to Perfection and Sonjay Dutt and Daivari; The Arabian Entity

John Bradshaw Layfield vs Bobby Lashley

No Holds Barred Match:
Mark Jindrak w/William Regal vs Big Show

WWE Women's Championship:
Victoria(c) vs Lita
cp954 is offline   Reply With Quote