Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Championship Wrestling 2001 - Tales of a Jaded Old Man
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Barry_Champlain
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Extreme Championship Wrestling 2001 - Tales of a Jaded Old Man

Wow okay man, this first episode really was above and beyond. the PPV was good, but this is more to form.

First off Love the way you opened the show. Love it. Joey was in character and had a lot of passion in his voice. He really did speak for the rest of the locker room here. Great job.

RVD vs. Super Crazy was interesting choice for the opening match but it worked. ECW is one of the few Heel vs. Heel and Face vs. Face work. This match would have grabbed the readers attention. The RVD vs. Lynn feud writes itself.

Tommy Dreamers promo was amazing. Amazing. You really locked in the character here. I love his passion and how he is always one win away from being the guy but comes up short.

Six man tag was good. I understand wanting to have the Tag Champions on the show. Don't like Big Sal. Not a fan of Spike either. But you need the tag champs on the first show. I hope you rebuild the tag division in ECW.

Pulp Fiction Promos a staple of ECW and glad you went this route. Its a great way to get everyone on the show keep angles going with only an hour to work with. EWR will be bad for that keeping all the talent happy but its great creatively. Hope you push Simon Diamond and Dawn Marie

The Main event really made the show for me though. The entire set up for Mike Awesome...jesus man that was awesome. the WCW thing, makes you think maybe an invasion of some sort is about to happen. Hopefully with WCW dying knock knock on wood, and in EWR you can get Lance Storm to follow suit. Shane Douglas perhaps. Maybe Vampiro...Juvi...Rey...Kidman...

See angles like what you did with Mike Awesome really keep a reader ("Viewer") running in to see what happens next. Very Solid first show. I read you WCW TRIOS thread and it was awesome but I will say this show was much more tight and delivered more than you first Nitro in WCW.

Great job.

Keep them coming.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome