Wrestling Forum banner

General Fantasy Sports Thread

35K views 405 replies 50 participants last post by  Renegade™ 
#1 ·
Post here to talk about anything and everything in the alternate make believe world of FANTASY SPORTS. ALL SPORTS included here, even golf lol. Oh and soccer too.:side:

This can be a good spot for WF members to make leagues as well if they so choose. We've had quite a bit of success with football/NFL, basketball, and baseball. If soccer folk want to make a league, by all means, get to it. There are a ton of soccer fans here after all.

#50 ·
I'd try trading Decker for some good value to a team needing a keeper WR. Normal 12 team leagues are drafting Decker in the 6th/7th round and Decker. Same leagues are drafting Eli 3rd/4th round, so that's good value for Eli in the 8th.

#51 ·
You'd get more for Julio Jones than you would Decker. Decker could wind up comparable to Jones, but neither are a sure thing of course. Jones and Jackson might get you a pretteh good RB. Or Jones and Eli could upgrade QB.

So I guess what I'm getting at, is feel around and see what players give you the best upgrade. Then keep the rest. It's just one way to cook this chicken though.

#52 ·
Most top running backs can't be kept as they were drafted too early and if one was drafted late they aren't available as they're too valuable. I'm just looking for extra picks mainly. I wouldn't say Jones would get more than Decker anyway. You have to look at the round they can be kept in as well.

#58 ·
Not really man. When you can keep someone in the 14th that is SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone else that is drafted that round that's immense value. This is off-season mode you want to put yourself in the position to have the most value in the 3 rounds you keep players in.

#59 ·
There's no guarantee they have a good season though. I do agree that if you can get one from a late round that continues to produce, it's awesome, but you can't really count on it. What's great is since it's such a late pick, it doesn't even matter if they suck.

I mean you're getting Decker in the 16th and that makes wonder wtf is going on there though. Julio in the 10th? It's strange. 12 team is the smallest I've played so 10 and 8 man is completely foreign.

#60 ·
Drafted my first fantasy team today.

QB - Eli Manning/Alex Smith
RB - Ray Rice/Beanie Wells/Jahvid Best/LaMichael James
WR - Larry Fitz/Steve Smith Panthers/ Reggie Wayne/Justin Blackmon/Doug Baldwin
TE - Vernon Davis/Greg Olsen
K - Robbie Gould
Def/ST - Baltimore

12 teams. Look good at all?

#62 ·
Brye, who are some of the RB free agents available? I think I can help you find a potential breakout RB as I feel your backs are a tad weak. Everything else is great though.

#63 ·
Shane Vereen
Alex Green
Joe McKnight
Joseph Addai
Mike Goodson
Johnathan Dwyer
Rashad Jennings
Delone Carter
Benard Scott
Evan Royster
Kendall Hunter
Chris Rainey
Dex McCluster
Jackie Battle
Ryan Grant
Danny Woodhead

After taking Rice I stopped paying attention to RBs for a couple turns and they all went. :(

Thanks for the advice, guys. (Y)

#66 ·
How many of you take into account how much you like/dislike a player when you're drafting as well as if they're on your team or not? I know some of my friends do that in leagues, as well as some of you(and PSYCH), but the whole idea of that has never made sense for me.

Although I never did like drafting players on rival teams, mostly because it's hard to hope that they stuff the stat sheet as well as hoping they lose the game. That won't stop me from drafting them, but it never feels right hoping that they have a good game. :side:

#67 ·
I never really dislike players unless I've had a reason in the past to. I will always take rankings into account first, then I look at stats. Then I choose if I like them or not. Lynch, Turner, and Fred Jackson are on my dislike list this year. Richardson, Greene, and Steven Jackson are on my like list this year. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take the 3 on my dislike list, it just means I wouldn't draft them at their projected spot.

I also would gladly take Harvin and AP, I just want the Vikings to lose every game. :side:

#68 ·
Liking them as humans beings has nothing to do with me picking them to be on my team. I just care if they get yards and TDs IRL so I can win a game that's largely based on luck.

I've had Eagles on at least one of my fantasy teams every year. I probably dislike the Eagles more than any NFL team. It matters not. They got some good fantasy players.

#71 ·
Just got done doing a fantasy football draft. It's for another league I'm in with my friends, the draft was supposed to be later this month but got moved up due to one of my friends having to go on vacation. It's a 12 team league.
Here's my team, let me know what you guys think:
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw
RB - Benjarvus Green-Ellis
RB/WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - A.J. Green
TE - Aaron Hernandez
D/ST - Bears
K - Rob Bironas
BE - Mark Ingram
BE - Kenny Britt
BE - Alex Smith
BE - Dustin Keller
BE - Michael Floyd
BE - Jonathan Baldwin
BE - Danny Woodhead

#72 ·
Can't complain about that team at all Notorious. Best QB, good WRs, solid RBs, good TE, Best D EVER :side:.

RBs might bother you during the year, but you can find more on waiver.

#75 ·
If Andre Johnson has a monster first game, I'd sell him fast as I feel he could be injury prone as well. It's been a rough few years for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.