Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2168 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Davion McCool
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dele View Post
That's a little much. Punk and Danielson both had a pretty significant amount of work in the indies before WWE brought them in. Both worked dark matches (I saw Punk work a dark match in June of 05) and were then brought in the fold. Mox had a cup of coffee in CZW and then went to FCW where he's been since.

I'm not taking away from the guy, as I think he's going to be big in a year or two. But to compare him to either Punk or Danielson is a disservice to both.

Also, I'm hoping he does a light tubes death match.
Like I said, they both had more buzz behind them before they moved to WWE, and rightly so. But after them, the nearest in recent years has to be Jon Moxley, purely in terms of buzz. It's not often that you get a general consensus that all the WWE has to do is not fuck up and let an Indie guy be himself and you have a guaranteed star. I'd agree that Moxley was no-where near on Danielson or Punk's level when he made the move to WWE, but honestly, those two are as big as its gotten in the current era imo, though for every different reasons.

The difference between Mox and Punk/Danielson, is that while the former two worked for years on end in the indies, at one point both raising ROH to new levels off their back, Moxley's rise has been pretty meteoric. He could'n't have made the transition from nobody to the hottest prospect in WWE's developmental much faster. In many ways he is still an unknown quantity, which I think adds to the appeal. Punk and Bryan could have both retired on their pre-WWE careers and gone down as Indie legends. So far all Moxley/Ambrose has done is turn some heads. But holy fuck has he turned them heads. Can you remember this much hype about an indie guy coming through since we got Danielson and Punk both in the WWE?

I mark for (right now):

William Regal
CM Punk
Mike Quackenbush
Dean Ambrose
Cesaro
Daniel Bryan
Paige
Bad News Barrett

Infinite marking and endless love for:

Eddie Guerrero
Larry Sweeney
Macho Man Randy Savage

Last edited by Davion McCool; 07-29-2012 at 12:01 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome