Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #151 (permalink)
DesolationRow
Proud Coiner of Dub's Vituperative Moniker, He of the Duplicitous Mien

DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow
Default Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz™ View Post
"F4Wonline.com reports that The Rock is scheduled to win the WWE Title at the 2013 Royal Rumble pay-per-view and then defend it against John Cena at WrestleMania 29."
OMG!!!!!11 SO SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jam View Post
Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but if Punk and Austin were to ever meet in a dream match, I'd like to think Punk would go over. If all the rumours are to be believed, didn't Austin basically refuse to job to Hogan as he felt it should have been Hogan passing the torch and endorsing the next generation?

I dunno. I'm just not sure Austin would come back in 2013+ and refuse to do what he thought Hogan should a decade earlier.
I think that if Austin/Punk had happened in the last two or three years, Austin would very possibly have gone over since Punk was frankly not in a good position from which to receive much reward for going over. That has changed, though, as he became one of their elite main-eventers (though obviously not being on the same exalted tier as Cena/Rock/Trips/Taker/Brock), and as Austin changed the finish to his match with Rock at Wrestlemania XIX to ensure that the man who was staying around would go over, I would think he'd probably almost downright insist that Punk go over. He's almost 50 years old with a body that is shot and hasn't had a match in nearly a decade. Punk losing to him, particularly after he hypothetically loses to The Rock at The Royal Rumble, would kind of wipe out his kayfabe "Best in the World" status, seeing as he's in his early-to-mid-30s.