Wrestling Forum banner

Leader of A&8?

Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

779K views 5K replies 696 participants last post by  LIL' WINNING FOOT 
#1 ·
I have it on very good authority that the leader of the Aces and 8's faction will be someone who has a real grudge against HH and Sting.

This person is also a keen biker and the factio Aces and 8's is being set up as a "Hells Angels" type faction.

Said person also made a comment recently to wait for some big news from him in the future!!

Answer is

#835 ·
Re: Whos behind Aces and Eights?

I truely think it's Joe, I was watching with my wife and the guy speaking seemed to have the build of Joe, and where has he been throughout this whole Aces and 8'th ordeal, cant remember a single thing with him.

I don't think so. The "leader" of Aces and Eights seems to be taller than Joe. Joe isn't really a tall man.

#837 ·

At this point it could be everybody. Thats how good job TNA did with promoting this angle. Its imposible, that with the internet era they are able to create such an interest into some storyline. I hope that the leader of their stable is somebody fresh like Joey Ryan. Bobby Roode after last Impact segment could be there too, but not as a leader. After his recent loss to A-Double its pretty obvious that the biggest heel in the company would join the heel stable. This connection would give Aces and 8's some top current TNA star (because I suspect that they're all an outsiders) and Roode would have still something interesting to do.

#842 ·

Why isn't James Storm on the list? He's the most obvious candidate.
He's Red Herring, but I think last night eliminated him for good.

I'm starting to lean towards Bully Ray now. He hasn't been touched despite them having PERFECT chances to do so. After Angle beat him, at Hardcore Justice and this past Thursday. That's 3 times. Plus he's the only person to receive cards that weren't the deadman's hand.

#847 ·

Bully Ray still hasn't even been touched by the Aces & Eights.

Then again at HardCORE Justice he's never touched, what does happen, however, is he wins 20 points.

I guess he could just be another Red Herring though.
But neither has Jeff Hardy. And he's not only kept his distance from them, he hasn't joined up to go against them. Hardy is usually the guy to join in things like this.

#843 · (Edited)

*smh*
The heavy set guy whose been doing a lot of the speaking as of late and debuted with the group when they attacked Aries/Roode (he kicked Roode) is TNA road agent Dlo Brown. I think he's with the group right now because as a TNA official he knows what he's doing (remember the first attack came off looking crappy, which he wasn't apart of) and he can direct the guys. Now when the group is revealed I wouldn't think Dlo would be revealed, but who knows. Maybe he's an official that remains loyal to Jarrett/Bischoff. Maybe TNA figures if we have Dlo, we might as well use him (he just happened to be out in the open, minding his own business at the brooklyn house show last month and the crowd wouldn't stop chanting his name.)

Personally, I don't want Dlo to be revealed as a member.

As for who on the TNA roster might be involved:
It'd be Bully Ray or Joseph Park. Bully's never been touched and him being so against The Aces and 8s and seeming like a face is the actual red herring.

#844 ·

The People around when the attacks happened but never attacked:
Bully Ray
Jeff Hardy
Brooke Hogan

Those who have heat with the people attacked:
Jeff and Karen Jarrett(Hulk/Hardy/Angle/Brooke)
Bully Ray(Losses to Aries, Angle, Didn't show up since he beat Storm)
Brooke(Wants company power for herself, BUT FUCK NO!)
Hulk(History with swerves like this)
Joe(Climb up the series while Storm is distracted by Aces and 8s, but may just start a feud w/Magnus)
I'm hoping it's Los Double J.

#848 ·

I'm choosing other - Austin Aries (AA=Aces). The 8's refer to the gang of 8 who keep beating everyone down on the roster... well, almost anyone, because I don't seem to remember them going for Austin Aries... all they've done is left him their calling card.

#849 ·

I'm choosing other - Austin Aries (AA=Aces). The 8's refer to the gang of 8 who keep beating everyone down on the roster... well, almost anyone, because I don't seem to remember them going for Austin Aries... all they've done is left him their calling card.
They beat him up 3 or 4 weeks ago when he and Roode had a match on OFN.

#851 ·

I really hope it's not jarrett, he sucks. Not as a midcarder but as a main guy? Sucks.

I think it's bully ray or hogan. I wouldn't put it past tna to have hogan as the main guy as a swerve. The impacts and ppv's have been too good lately, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

#853 ·

dunno but in a simple breakdown I thought 2xAces(or As on the card) = Austin Aries and 2x8s(or Hs as the appear in the alphabet) = Hulk Hogan. Hogan and Aries were pretty tight during Aries push for the title. Just my two cents, probably a million miles off

#858 ·

i would have to say Jarrett. Dont see why ppl are saying Joe if he was then that would be the biggest push he has had in years. I could see James Storm turning heel even if he isnt the leader. Everyone has been blaming him and when the leader is known he could go about the told you so route and be pissed how everyone blamed him when he constantly denied it.

#860 ·

My gut is telling me hogan is involved after the phone call with sting. i really hope its just another potential swerve tna wont take due to the fact HH just played the same role w/ they/immortal. All signs point to JJ, but with the IWC already screaming its JJ, I could see a booking change. Matt Morgan is supposed to be under contract for five years when he signed in 2009. He is still in the direct auto commercials and has been teasing the wwe jump(Lagana influenced twitter usage swerve). He is the type of monster that could be fed up with TNA booking bc he is always overlooked while doing everything they ask of him. The angle may be a,"this is my time, I'll take whats mine by any means necessary, I have the proper backing in my group of outlaws hell bent on destroying the TNA roster." His recent twitter pic he posted looks like another tease to jump to wwe. Look a little further into it. He's done making an impact(doing things the tna way and not being rewarded) This is a war(with backwards R for the wwe tease) Declaring war on impact while throwing everyone off the trail. I'd love to see Chris Harris come back in great shape as the leader of Aces and 8's to avenge the losing end of his feud with storm before his departure. It would make for a great story as motivation for leading everyone to believe its Storm and now attacking storm. Wishful thinking i guess. I just pray its not Hogan or Jarrett in the end.

#861 ·

Although most who watch tna dont know who chris harris is or AMW. So the potential pay off isnt big enough for that angle. Slap a biker vest and jeans on joe and he has a new look to go along with his new destroy everything mentality hes developing. Joe would get a major push and would turn to the monster heel to go up against aries at BFG. MEGA PUSH FOR JOE! He needs a direction/ no more tweener. He is a great full blown monster heel. Let him and aries go at it for months ending at Lethal Lockdown with A's and 8's (joe as the leader) vs. Aries, sting, storm, hardy, and angle. After the aries feud and joe has the belt rekindle the Angle/Joe feud for a couple months of 5 star clashes with Joe retaining in the end. Angle should never hold another belt. Its time he elevates everyone else.

#863 · (Edited)
I'm ready to see Matt Morgan dominate in an angry, fed up, heel role(5 year contract singed in 2009, still featured in direct auto commercials).

I'm just as interested in the actual members. The wes briscoe tease on impact in the last few weeks, him being the masked attacker with long hair, and his ties to being an extremist/loose cannon/ covered in tattoos screams prominent member(not leader.) Not familiar with his work.....Youtube his stint in fcw prior to his injury. Major potential as their x division star of the group.

The man in the blue flannel and DC hat is being played by Sam Shaw(gutcheck contestant, most likely not in the group, as with most involved with the beatings.)

One of the larger men is Mike Knox(featured in dark match recently), he can be picked out of the group due to his size and him hiding his beard in his mask. Look close in the some of the pictures.

Luke Gallows(Drew Hankinson/Festus) was groomed for this part in the Ring KaKing(TNA India Offshoot), with his Outlaw Isaiah Cash character.

A few other major players could be:
Harry Smith(David hart Smith, Bulldog Hart in Ring KaKing) w a new found edge.

Chris Masters (dark match w tna and american adonis in Ring KaKing)

Trevor Murdoch(Outlaw Jethro Holliday in TNA and Roscoe JAckson in Ring KaKing)

John Morrison (aggressive heel turn could be the best thing to ever happen to him and he could bring melina along to dominate the womens division and complete their group having someone in every division and status[upper,mid,lowcard,xdivision,tag, and womens], as well as the open interest shown to he and melina in the last year)

Ryan Braddock(Brad Bradley, Jay Bradley, is a monster as well as a biker).

I understand all of these are wwe outcasts and most will cringe. Aside from masters nobody has fit the wwe mold or given the proper opportunity. Before saying OMG, terrible idea, watch some Ring KaKing with Cash and Bulldog Hart. If given the opportunity and a tv14 rating, these characters could have the edge they needed to come across as someone to be afraid of, especially in a biker style group who do not care about rules or sanctions. Give it a chance. Do you have better(logical) fits for this group.

Tna has already worked with these wrestlers in some way or another. [Main event Matt Morgan, upper Jomo,mid Masters or Hart,lowcard Holliday,xdivision Wes Briscoe,tag Cash and Knox, and womens Melina]

#865 ·

I say Matt Morgan, he signed a five year contract 3 years ago, and every report
I have seen says his contract expired. Something doesn't quite seem right
about a 5 year deal expiring in 3 years...

There may of course have been some kind of options ib his contract
or the report of an expired cobtract could be off and he could have been granted his release
or something, but until further facts come out, I say Matt Morgan
leaving was the first in the series of worked shoots and swerves
Lagana has done so well.

Also Morgan would do well in a stable of this kind and have
a great backstory in his WHC pursuits since 2010, in yerms of going
after the BFG series contestants.

#899 · (Edited)

I say Matt Morgan, he signed a five year contract 3 years ago, and every report I have seen says his contract expired. Something doesn't quite seem right about a 5 year deal expiring in 3 years...
Actually, that's quite common. You sign a long-term deal but leave the last year or two open to re-negotiation. Basically what that means is that when the time comes both sides sit down, try to evaluate where they stand and work out new terms and if they can't they go their separate ways. Essentially the last two years of the contract are optionable and if they can't work out new terms the contract doesn't roll over and is terminated. There was a similar situation with Kurt Angle a couple of years ago but obviously he chose to stay in TNA, his optionable year rolled over and then he signed a new deal last year.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Morgan isn't involved in this. He may be. Anything's possible. I'm simply explaining why he could be gone from TNA even though he signed a 5-year deal back in 2009.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.