Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #637 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Samoon
Little Poppa Pump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ88 View Post
I dont think he does to be honest. In my opinion, on every surface aside from clay (which Murray isnt the best on) he outclasses the guys ranked above him by far. I think the gap between the top three and the rest of the field on hard, and grass is pretty big. In a bronze medal match, Murray will beat Tsonga and Ferrer, or anyone else outside of the top four.
Below him you mean. His Wimbledon match against Ferrer was really close. It was not like Murray actually outclassed him. Against Tsonga, yeah he pretty much outclassed him. But seriously, I don't think that will happen in the Olympics. If they face, it will be much closer. Tsonga has beaten the Top guys before. Tsonga just needs to be a little more consistent. There is not much difference between Murray, Ferrer and Tsonga imo.

Quote:
There's a difference between 2008 and now. Murray will have undoubtidly gained confidence from his Wimbledon run, he's a stronger player overall. In tennis, the entire match can depend on a few points here and there changing the outcome of the match. He didn't take advantage of those moments in the Wimbledon final, that doesnt mean to say he wont take advantage of them if given the opportunity at the Olympics, he's more than capeable, so he's got a shot imo.
Yes I agree. But Federer and Djokovic are better than him. I don't think Murray can upset them. Just look at the Wimbledon Final. In slams, Murray fails to beat them. He won't be able to beat them in the Olympics.

Credit: CHAMPviaDQ

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome