Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#10,378 ·
I had an absolute blast with the Del Sol vs Strickland match. Strickland at points couldn't quite keep up with Del Sol in the magical agility department, but he did his part well enough to add an interesting dynamic to the bout. I like to think that's the right kind of match EVOLVE wants to have & not playing to a bunch of overly innovative bullshit like the Fox vs Dorado match from the next night. Innovation done at a good level, to set the term out straight. A ton of fun with an uber sick finish.

#10,382 ·
ROH Final Battle 2012

1. Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong

2. Jay Lethal vs Rhino
**1/4

3. Prince Nana vs RD Evans

4. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus
**3/4

5. Jerry Lynn vs Mike Bennett
**3/4

6. American Wolves vs reDragon
***1/2

7. Adam Cole vs Matt Hardy
***1/4

8. SCUM vs Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman vs The Briscoe Brothers

9. Kevin Steen vs El Generico
***3/4​

#10,383 ·
ROH Reclamation Night One Review:

Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & Tadarius Thomas) vs. Mike Sydal & Zizou Middoux - **

BJ Whitmer vs. Michael Bennett - *3/4

Eddie Edwards vs. Kyle O'Reilly - ***1/4

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Rhino - **3/4

Kevin Steen vs. Silas Young - ***

Matt Taven vs. Adam Cole vs. Jay Lethal vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin - ***3/4-****

Davey Richards vs. Bobby Fish - ***1/2

#10,389 ·
Always :mark: for the Liger music. The channel was for people in the UK/Ireland to my understanding. It's how I got back into wrestling. It had all major American Indys, Puro like NOAH, Zero-1 and Gaea etc. TNA in its glory days, World Of Sport shows and numerous British wrestling promotions. Even the Irish promotion Irish Whip Wrestling, which introduced me to Sheamus and McIntyre. Best channel ever really. Had them awesome montages during the commercial breaks then.

#10,402 ·
That was my favourite thing about Friday nights. Watching Raw on Sky Sports (back when they didn't show it live on a Monday), and then flicking over to TWC in the commercial breaks to watch ROH. I remember them showing Joe/Homicide and I got so caught up in it I totally forgot to switch back to Raw.

#10,390 ·
Sounds like a gem. While WWE & whatnot are stationed in America, I've always been very envious of how all around the world Wrestling has been showcased in much more - seemingly - exclusive ways. Yeah, you can find an indie show or two on the local stations here (especially in California), but it's nothing to the extent of how that sounds.

#10,391 ·
A gem wasn't the word, it was insanely good. It then changed to the fight network and sadly went down hill from there showing a lot of mediocre MMA before sadly going off air. Now we get nothing on TV except TNA and WWE. I never watched more wrestling in my life.

#10,393 ·
ROH Reclamation Night Two Review:

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Tadarius Thomas - *1/2

Silas Young vs Tomasso Ciampa - ***1/2 (Match of the night, was awesome until your typical UGH finish)

BJ Whitmer vs Adam Cole - **1/2

Rhino vs Mike Bennett - **1/2

Bobby Fish vs ACH - *3/4

Matt Taven vs Kevin Steen - **1/4

American Wolves vs Jay Lethal and Michael Elgin - **1/2-**3/4

#10,394 · (Edited)
I remember an old friend of mine had Satellite TV and convinced his parents to order The Fight Network. We used to spend a lot of time at his house watching it. I remember they used to show ROH, and a few other wrestling shows. Nothing I cared about back then, but I'm sure if I had the opportunity to watch it now I'd probably cream my pants. I remember seeing a few episodes of what I think was something in Memphis. Oddly enough, the only real memory I have of it is a commercial hyping Viscera appearing in a battle royal. I wanna say that Jerry Lawler was involved in some way (Commentary?) but I'm really not sure.

#10,399 ·
Almost finished with SHINE 11 atm, and outside of the first two quarter-finals matches this show hasn't been very good, unfortunately. They intend to push the Valkyrie gals. The only problem with that is the ones in the tournament - Rain & Ivelisse - can't wrestle a good match to save their lives it seems. Sad part is, I saw Rain have a solid match with Angelina Love, of all people, on SHINE 10, meanwhile Ivelisse gets put up against good wrestlers like LuFisto & Santana Garrett and she's stinking up the joint. I'd love for her to take a trip back to Puerto Rico and never wrestle in a promotion I follow again. She's dreadful.

If only Alyson Kay & Taylor Made were here.

#10,406 ·
Well considering they run in Florida I doubt they can do anything about the building they run but I saw the show before the last one and the production is on level with DGUSA/EVOLVE, so take that for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.