Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #634 (permalink)
NJ88
Follower of Lockeism

NJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth reading
Default Re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoon View Post
Tsonga has a big chance to win Bronze.
I dont think he does to be honest. In my opinion, on every surface aside from clay (which Murray isnt the best on) he outclasses the guys ranked above him by far. I think the gap between the top three and the rest of the field on hard, and grass is pretty big. In a bronze medal match, Murray will beat Tsonga and Ferrer, or anyone else outside of the top four.

Quote:
He should have won but he didn't. He never took advantage of the break points he had on that set. It is his fault. Don't forget that the final will be played in the best out of five sets. I don't think Murray has much of chance of winning tbh. In 2008 he got eliminated in the first round if I am not wrong.
There's a difference between 2008 and now. Murray will have undoubtidly gained confidence from his Wimbledon run, he's a stronger player overall. In tennis, the entire match can depend on a few points here and there changing the outcome of the match. He didn't take advantage of those moments in the Wimbledon final, that doesnt mean to say he wont take advantage of them if given the opportunity at the Olympics, he's more than capeable, so he's got a shot imo.