Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NHL: DRAFT! and GMing 101 all day.

View Single Post

Old 07-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #1847 (permalink)
Alim
Know Your Worth

Alim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whoreAlim is a rep whore
Default Re: The NHL: Where people get concussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogorodnikov View Post
you're right, if you posted everything you've said so far on HFboards instead of here, it would've been more intelligent. you post on a wrestling forum about hockey, should i disregard your opinion because of what forum it's on? good to know you let everyone here know you respect their opinions a little less because they post it on a wrestling forum as opposed to a hockey one too.

what fucking horrible logic.
You joined this forum last month. I've been posting here for 5 years. Every year these NHL threads are filled with the same talk by the same people who only watch their own team and no other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Spot View Post
Lol @ that whole thing, anyway, Alim any word on Luongo yet? Are they waiting for things to die down, not getting as much as they hoped or wanted, or just plan on not trading him now? Obviously all the talk is going to be about Weber for the week until we see what happens, then probably about Nash once again. Is it still Toronto or Florida, any other teams stepping up yet to try and grab him?
Toronto seems to have stepped away for the time being due to the asking price being too high. Burke is apparently interested in Bernier from LA because his price would be significantly lower than Lou's. Fair enough, but it boggles my mind seeing as how Luongo is a top 5 goalie yet they would rather go with the unproven player.

Florida on the other hand still has interest, but again, a deal has not been made because of the asking price. Gillis wants a top prospect + roster player and the Panthers don't want to give that up.

Chicago had some interest as well, but the Canucks would rather not fix their biggest rival's Achilles heel unless the return is significant.

At this point it seems as if Luongo may be playing for the Canucks in the 12-13 season which is fine by me seeing as how:

1. Having two great goalies is better than one
2. The duo carried our team to the Presidents' trophy last year so they have already proven they can work together
3. Having them both gives us a better chance to win the Cup and in the end that is the main goal
4. By next off season or even by the trade deadline, Luongo's value will only go up