Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Which Famous People Have You Met

View Single Post

Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
stunner2020
Learning to break kayfabe

stunner2020 251 - 500stunner2020 251 - 500stunner2020 251 - 500stunner2020 251 - 500
Default Re: Which Famous People Have You Met

I've met a few, mostly pretty recent as well.

- Kim "Kids In America" Wilde when I was a baby, apparently she gave me one of her records.
- Lewis Hamilton, former Formula One World Champion and Mr. Nicole Scherzinger on numerous occasions, I'm connected to him through family.
- Efe Sodje, Bury player who also turned out for the likes of Huddersfield Town, Crewe Alexandra and Macclesfield Town. Became friendly with my grandfather in the early days of his career at my team Stevenage. He's mostly known for representing Nigeria at the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
- Ed Westwick, the actor of Gossip Girl fame, is an acquaintance of my brother (a very close friend of my brother was in Ed's old band), and he turned up at my brothers wedding, had a brief chat with him.
- Brian May at an autograph signing, but as a lifelong Queen fan that was pretty huge. Nice guy.
- Mick Foley twice, both at meet-and-greets connected to his comedy tours. Cool guy! Was much nicer the first time - when we were near the front of the queue - than he was the second time, when were near the back!
- Michael Barrymore, who was a huge star on British television until a scandal destroyed his career ended up in a tailors on the Portobello Road in London while my brother was getting something custom-made. Was pretty friendly.
- Mick Avory, drummer for The Kinks from 1964 to about 1984 or so. My brother (he's popping up a lot!) performed at a gig set up in memory of former Kinks bassist Pete Quaife and The Kast-Off Kinks, made up of past Kinks members, headlined. Got a picture with him and helped him put his equipment into his car.
- Ed Miliband, current leader of the Labour Party, in the run-up to the Labour leadership election. Was okay, but seemed fairly awkward and uncomfortable with the attention. Not a great attribute for a politician, especially one who'll be running for Prime Minister in a few years time.

Think that might be it? My dad's stories are the most interesting; he's just a normal English bloke in his 50's, but seems to wind up meeting everyone, from Robert Plant to Justin Bieber. God knows how!

Wrestling Forum's Resident STEVENAGE F.C. fan