Learning to break kayfabe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Stevenage, UK
Re: Which Famous People Have You Met
I've met a few, mostly pretty recent as well.
- Kim "Kids In America" Wilde when I was a baby, apparently she gave me one of her records.
- Lewis Hamilton, former Formula One World Champion and Mr. Nicole Scherzinger on numerous occasions, I'm connected to him through family.
- Efe Sodje, Bury player who also turned out for the likes of Huddersfield Town, Crewe Alexandra and Macclesfield Town. Became friendly with my grandfather in the early days of his career at my team Stevenage. He's mostly known for representing Nigeria at the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
- Ed Westwick, the actor of Gossip Girl fame, is an acquaintance of my brother (a very close friend of my brother was in Ed's old band), and he turned up at my brothers wedding, had a brief chat with him.
- Brian May at an autograph signing, but as a lifelong Queen fan that was pretty huge. Nice guy.
- Mick Foley twice, both at meet-and-greets connected to his comedy tours. Cool guy! Was much nicer the first time - when we were near the front of the queue - than he was the second time, when were near the back!
- Michael Barrymore, who was a huge star on British television until a scandal destroyed his career ended up in a tailors on the Portobello Road in London while my brother was getting something custom-made. Was pretty friendly.
- Mick Avory, drummer for The Kinks from 1964 to about 1984 or so. My brother (he's popping up a lot!) performed at a gig set up in memory of former Kinks bassist Pete Quaife and The Kast-Off Kinks, made up of past Kinks members, headlined. Got a picture with him and helped him put his equipment into his car.
- Ed Miliband, current leader of the Labour Party, in the run-up to the Labour leadership election. Was okay, but seemed fairly awkward and uncomfortable with the attention. Not a great attribute for a politician, especially one who'll be running for Prime Minister in a few years time.
Think that might be it? My dad's stories are the most interesting; he's just a normal English bloke in his 50's, but seems to wind up meeting everyone, from Robert Plant to Justin Bieber. God knows how!
All-time top five Mick Foley, Scott Hall, Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith, Eddie Guerrero.
Current top five Daniel Bryan, William Regal, Kevin Steen, Dean Ambrose, Kaitlyn
Wrestling Forum's Resident STEVENAGE F.C. fan