Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Sometimes being BRAVE is not enough)

View Single Post

Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #585 (permalink)
CGS
Celebrating my first World title

CGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whoreCGS is a rep whore
Default Re: 2012-13 English Premier League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel View Post

If anything a 35m player should need less time to prove himself and despite his decent end to the season, he had a truly horrific campaign overall. If Rodgers doesn't see him in his plans then why bother keeping him and delay the inevitable? Might as well cash-in whilst his stock is relatively high. Carroll was never worth 15m when we bough him and isn't now, so if we somehow manage to get close to 20m for him we'll have done amazingly well.
Problem is those while with most other players I would agree with you but Carroll was never ever a 35m player to begin with. Not in a million years. So it's kinda harsh to put that kinda label that because he cost so much he should have less time to prove himself. Although I do agree that if Rodgers REALLY doesn't seem him in his plans at all we may as well cut our loses try get what we get for him and buy someone who will fit in with us. No point wasting time, money and effort and a year of Carroll's career on top of it.

Also shame to hear about what happened to Ledley King but it's hardly surprising considering how injury prone the guy is. Was defo a good CB.

GOAT STEVIE G