Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#4,042 ·
Only really a couple of PPV's here and there that I want on DVD now. Then WM 28 on Bluray, then The Streak on Bluray. Maybe Punk's set (I'll download the doc first to see if its worth it). Thank god I'm not a collector that MUST have everything (hey Platt :)), as really I'm not wanting for that many sets or anything atm :p.
:( I really don't want the Cena/Rock set

#4,048 ·
Got 26 during a WW. Imported 27 from America... then got the UK version during a sale on another site. Bought 24 from ebay the first day they went OOP so I could get it cheap before everyone ramped up the prices. Then it came back into production anyway, but I still only paid like £4 for it.

#4,055 ·
Agreed once again Punk excelled in a David/Goliath role, not quiet as good as his matches with Henry but a little *** gem this week
Punk and Bryan are the best at the small man vs Big man matches.

I just wanted to ask you guys are Bryan and Punk WWE's best two big match workers right now?

Its scary how great these guys matches since WM28 (apart from Bryans 18 second one) have been.

#4,056 ·
Speaking of Rey... We need a HHH-Rey match.. Like, RIGHT NOW. Rey proclaims HHH to be one of the 2 performers (The other being Stone Cold Steve Austin) that he wishes to compete against for the first time. I think at the very LEAST we'd get a great *** 1/2 matchup because of Rey's consistency, and if Hunter stepped up his game (pun intended) we'd get a fully fledged 4 plus.

Another thing that baffles me ; Why did Hunter vs Edge only take place at ONE PPV, let alone on a C level show that nobody really cared about. They could have had that at a major show such as Mania, Summerslam, or Survivor Series, because I felt that the Bash match between the two was pretty damn good.

Which brings me to another little tidbit ; I like to keep up to tabs with how many **** 1/2+ matches that take place per year, and this year IMO we already have FIVE. That's up from only THREE **** 1/2+ matches that took place last year already. In 2010 we had ONE fucking match that was **** 1/2+ IMO, and in 2009 we had TWO.. Fuck it, let's keep tabs on this now ;

2012 : 5 (WM Punk/Jericho HHH/Taker , ER Sheamus/Bryan Cena/Lesnar , OTL Bryan Punk)
2011 : 3 (WM HHH/Taker , MITB Punk/Cena , SS Punk/Cena)
2010 : 1 (WM HBK/Taker)
2009 : 2 (WM HBK/Taker , Bash Rey/Jericho)
2008 : 3 (WM Edge/Taker , SS Edge/Taker , NM Jericho/HBK)
2007 : 2 (RR Cena/Umaga , WM Taker/Batista)
2006 : 2 (NWO Angle/Taker , NM Regal/Benoit)
2005 : 4 (NYR Chamber, WM MITB Angle/Michaels , VEN HHH/Batista)
2004 : 3 (NWO Eddie/Lesnar , WM Triple Threat , BL Triple Threat)
2003 : 3 (RR Angle/Benoit , WM Austin/Rock , SS Lesnar/Angle)
2002 : 5 (VEN Triple Threat, SS HBK/HHH , NM Taker/Lesnar Tag Match , SS Chamber)

Pretty DAMN impressive for a little over half of a year. This year has been more top heavy, with tons of inconsistency from just about 90 percent of the roster. I only did PPV matches of course because I can't go back and try to find all of the TV gems (for now anyways ;) ) so there are a few glaring omissions (I.E. Eddie/Rey from Smackdown 05).

#4,057 ·
2012 : 2 (WM Punk/Jericho, OTL Bryan/Punk)
2011 : 1 (MITB Punk/Cena)
2010 : 1 (WM HBK/Taker)
2009 : 2 (WM HBK/Taker , Bash Rey/Jericho)
2008 : 1(SS Edge/Taker)
2007 : 3(RR Cena/Umaga , WM Taker/Batista, Cena/HBK Raw in London)
2006 : 2 (NWO Angle/Taker)
2005 : 2 (Angle/Michaels , VEN HHH/Batista)
2004 : 1 (WM Triple Threat)
2003 : 5 (RR Angle/Benoit , WM Austin/Rock , WM Y2J/HBK, Taker/Angle SD, Lesnar/Angle SD Ironman) *Crazy how Angle had two MOTYC in three weeks*
2002 : 5 (VEN Triple Threat, SS HBK/HHH , NM Taker/Lesnar, NM Tag Match , SS Chamber)

One thing I noticed while doing this is that I usually see a ***** every 3 years. Here are the matches I have at 5:

Punk/Bryan OTL 2012
Taker/HBK WM25 2009
Taker/Angle NWO 2006
Angle/Benoit RR03

... and guess what the last 5 star match is before that? Foley/HHH RR00... well it would be if not for Rock/Austin WM17. :p

Nah, but that's still crazy. Because before that it's Austin/Bret WM13... 3 years before Foley/HHH. lol.

Guess I'm looking forward to 2015. :p

#4,058 ·
Punk and Bryan are the best at the small man vs Big man matches.

I just wanted to ask you guys are Bryan and Punk WWE's best two big match workers right now?

Its scary how great these guys matches since WM28 (apart from Bryans 18 second one) have been.
Without a doubt, Bryan and Punk are the best small man vs big man workers.

And definitely the best big match wrestlers at the moment, the WWE finally gave them a chance to have some long matches on PPV and they really have excelled, Punk has been so consistent for the whole year since his infamous Promo.

My **** 1/2 stars PPV matches for each year of the last decade:
2012: 5 (Punk/Jericho WM, Taker/HHH WM, Sheamus/Bryan ER, Cena/Brock ER, Punk/Bryan OTL)
2011: 4 (HHH/Taker WM, Orton/Christian OTL, Cena/Punk MITB, Cena/Punk SS)
2010: 1 (HBK/Taker WM)
2009: 2 (HBK/Taker WM, Mysterio/Jericho the Bash)
2008: 3 (Flair/HBK WM, Taker/Edge SS, HBK/Jericho NM)
2007: 2 (Cena/Umaga RR, HBK/Cena WM)
2006: 1 (Taker/Angle NWO)
2005: 4 (New Year’s Revolution Chamber, MITB WM, HBK/Angle WM, Batista/HHH VEN)
2004: 4 (Eddie/Brock NWO, HBK/HHH/Benoit WM, HBK/HHH/Benoit BAC, Orton/Foley BAC)
2003: 3 (Benoit/Angle RR, HBK/Jericho WM, Lesnar/Angle SS)
2002: 3 (Edge&Rey/Benoit&Angle NM, HBK/HHH SS, Rock/Angle/Taker VEN)

This year is already the best for **** 1/2 star PPV matches of the decade in my view and surprisingly there is still 5 Pay per views left. This year is certainly shaping up as one of the best in ring years ever in my view.

#4,059 ·
Another thing that baffles me ; Why did Hunter vs Edge only take place at ONE PPV, let alone on a C level show that nobody really cared about. They could have had that at a major show such as Mania, Summerslam, or Survivor Series, because I felt that the Bash match between the two was pretty damn good.
I completely agree with you, especially with their lonegivity with the Company. They were both at that time 2 of the top stars, and they treated their feud as just a filler till Taker came back, for HIAC. I am really baffled as well that they never faced each other on a big stage, I really thought one of their feuds could of been a Wrestlemania or Summerslam headliner.

#4,060 ·
2012: HHH/Taker Wrestlemania, Jericho/Punk Wrestlemania, Bryan/Sheamus Extreme Rules, Cena/Lesnar Extreme Rules, Punk/Bryan OTL,
2011: HHH/Taker Wrestlemania, CM Punk/John Cena MITB, Orton Christian OTL
2010: HBK/Taker Wrestlemania
2009: HBK/Taker Wrestlemania, Jericho/Rey The Bash, Punk/Hardy Summerslam
2008: HBK/Flair Wrestlemania, Taker/Edge Wrestlemania, HBK/Jericho (Unsanctioned Brawl)
2007: Cena/Umaga Royal Rumble, Taker/Batista Wrestlemania
2006: Angle/Taker NWO, Edge/Foley Wrestlemania, Regal/Benoit No Mercy, Benoit/Finlay Judgement Day
2005: NYR Elimination Chamber, MITB, Batista/HHH Vengeance, Smackdown/Raw Survivor Series
2004: Guerrero/Lesnar NWO, Wrestlemani Triple Threat, Orton/Foley Backlash
2003: Benoit/Angle Royal Rumble, Lesnar/Angle Wrestlemania
2002: Rock/Hogan Wrestlemania, Vengeance Triple Threat HBK/HHH Summerslam, Angle/Mysterio Summerslam, NM Tag Match, Lesnar/Taker HIAC, Survivor Series Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.