Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #3115 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Melvis
The Knight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Just wrote my first show in 2 and a half years. Wow and holy shit. It feels so weird to be writing again. Maybe it is the time away, or the fact that I don't watch wrestling anymore, but writing now just feels so different. It isn't necessarily a good thing either, as I look at the show I just wrote, and it's far from the stuff I once produced and called top quality.

Anyone else return to BTB after taking a long break? How'd the writing process go for them?
I took a break for about 18 months between mid-2008 to the end of 2009. I'd thought of the occasional card but nothing concrete in that time, so I was actually surprised to see that starting fresh after such a long time actually eliminated the glaring errors from my first thread. I'm now on my third thread and taking a break between each one (not to mention the frequent breaks I've had during my current thread ) has been beneficial each time. Feels like I can clear my head - it's like the advice literary agents give to new authors; give yourself a month or two after completing a manuscript then look at it with new eyes after some time. Once I'd detached myself from writing the storylines at the time, I could see certain flaws in promos, matches or the feud as a whole. I think you won't find a writer alive who wouldn't feel a little 'rusty' after a long break, but I consider it a good thing to be able to start new with a series of fresh ideas. A new perspective can be very helpful, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Sooooo... I'm thinking of starting a new thread following Raw 1000. Seems a great time to usher in a new era with a BTB. Anyone else thinking of going that route?
This will end up being a filthy lie and you should be ashamed.

But yes, I'd enjoy the challenge behind a WWE 2012 project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWeirdGuy View Post
Looking forward to 619's Supershow
Same here. If you're reading this, lad, get on it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome