Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #3115 (permalink)
Melvis
The Knight

Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Just wrote my first show in 2 and a half years. Wow and holy shit. It feels so weird to be writing again. Maybe it is the time away, or the fact that I don't watch wrestling anymore, but writing now just feels so different. It isn't necessarily a good thing either, as I look at the show I just wrote, and it's far from the stuff I once produced and called top quality.

Anyone else return to BTB after taking a long break? How'd the writing process go for them?
I took a break for about 18 months between mid-2008 to the end of 2009. I'd thought of the occasional card but nothing concrete in that time, so I was actually surprised to see that starting fresh after such a long time actually eliminated the glaring errors from my first thread. I'm now on my third thread and taking a break between each one (not to mention the frequent breaks I've had during my current thread ) has been beneficial each time. Feels like I can clear my head - it's like the advice literary agents give to new authors; give yourself a month or two after completing a manuscript then look at it with new eyes after some time. Once I'd detached myself from writing the storylines at the time, I could see certain flaws in promos, matches or the feud as a whole. I think you won't find a writer alive who wouldn't feel a little 'rusty' after a long break, but I consider it a good thing to be able to start new with a series of fresh ideas. A new perspective can be very helpful, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Sooooo... I'm thinking of starting a new thread following Raw 1000. Seems a great time to usher in a new era with a BTB. Anyone else thinking of going that route?
This will end up being a filthy lie and you should be ashamed.

But yes, I'd enjoy the challenge behind a WWE 2012 project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWeirdGuy View Post
Looking forward to 619's Supershow
Same here. If you're reading this, lad, get on it.

In New Talent We Trust | Raw NOW POSTED
Melvis is offline   Reply With Quote