Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Championship Wrestling 2001 - Tales of a Jaded Old Man

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Szumi
save_btb IC2.0 <3

Szumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missedSzumi probably won't be missed
Default Re: Extreme Championship Wrestling 2001 - Tales of a Jaded Old Man

Thank you all for the love. Means a lot. Hopefully I can live up to your hype :P and I am indeed using EWR, as I also post at EWB, which is a EWR-based forum.

“Hello?”

???: “It’s me, Paulie. I’ve talked with the wife, thought things over for the past two days... I want in, Paul. I want to help save ECW.”

Paul Heyman: “I knew you wouldn’t be changing your mind, *censored*. Hell, I’m surprised you didn’t call me sooner! Haha ha!”

???: “Well, I took what you said seriously. And let me tell you, man, I’ve been thinking about this nonstop. Ways to help the company make a profit, potential networks for television, creative angles for some of the wrestlers, guys who could really fit into ECW, everything... I’m stoked for this, Paulie.”

Paul Heyman: “Sounds to me like you really want to be involved.”

???: “...Well, that’s where it gets a little complicated.”

Paul Heyman: “What do you mean, complicated?”

???: “I want to be backing ECW, pitching in with ideas, helping you out to make ECW a major player in our industry, but... there’s a catch.”

Paul Heyman: “...a catch?”

???: “No one can know.”

Paul Heyman: “What the hell do you mean, *censored*!? You’re all gung-ho, pitching this idea about coming in and saving ECW, helping to keep the company afloat... but you want your role to be a complete mystery?”

???: “Yeah... pretty much.”

Shady character.

Paul Heyman: “No offense, man, but this doesn’t scream reassuring to me.”

???: “Where I’m at now... I have a job. I’m still making a lot of money right now, and if I come out publicly as the guy who is helping Paul Heyman keep ECW alive, I’m out of a job. I’m losing a source of potential income for your company, Paul, and right now... that’s about the only source of income you have.”

Silence.

Paul Heyman: “I’ll be real honest with ya’ man, I don’t know how much I like this. I was thinking over the past few days that it’d be you and I teaming up to take on the world.”

???: “We’d still be a team, but Paul, ECW is your baby. With me staying in the background, it continues to be that way. We don’t have to deal with a lot of creative conflicts because it’s going to be you still making the creative decisions, you still running the vast majority of your company.”

Paul Heyman: “You make a fair point, *censored*.”

???: “After the thoughts and conversations I’ve had with myself, I’m looking at it this way. I can help out with some of the monetary woes the company has right now. Pitch some storyline ideas with you, and do whatever I can do to help you out as a silent backer.”

Paul Heyman: “Alright, Mr. Silent Backer. Tell me then, what would your first step be to help this company out?”

???: “Hire someone to take care of the books so you’re not doing it yourself?”

Mutual laughter is shared between the two men. It’s well known where Heyman really failed with his baby - the money.

Paul Heyman: “You’re a son of a bitch, ya’ know that? But all kidding aside, that is something I know that needs to be done. I’ve stressed myself out, stretched myself too thin, over the past few years. I need help running this company, as much as I wish I could do it all myself.”

???: “There’s no shame in accepting help, Paulie.”

Paul Heyman: “Oh, I know. After all, I’m going to be accepting your money!”

More laughter is shared between the two.

Paul Heyman: “All jokes aside, prove your worth to me: what do you see as the next move for ECW?”

???: “We go back to page one. And page one, is finding a network to put us on TV. We need to reach out to every possible network that might work a deal with us, try and find one that will help to pay for the production. ...And we start trying to square off some debts. So what I need to know, Paul, who are the big people you owe money to?”

And there is Paul’s moment of humiliation.

Paul Heyman: “RVD is owed something like one-hundred fifty thousand dollars. Dreamer and Joey Styles each are owed one-hundred thousand, and I owe Rhino and Francine about half of that. Oh, and Shane Douglas is owed about fifty K, but fuck him.”

???: “Reach out to Van Dam and Rhino, ASAP. Convince them to stay, and we can start re-paying some of their debt. Those two guys are your stars.”

Paul Heyman: “Trust me, I know. I’m going to get a hold of everyone and let them know we’re staying in business, and what our future plan is. No matter how optimistic you’re making me feel right now, we’re going to lose some of the boys in the back. It’s not a happy locker room, anymore. So many people are owed money, even if it is less than a thousand dollars. They’re disgruntled, and I’m telling you now, *censored* - if we don’t get a TV deal fast, this little rescue act of yours is going to matter naught. We’re going to see people jump ship to the WWF or WCW very quickly.”

???: “Then let’s go find ourselves a network to air some ECW.”

“...So, have you decided to take my offer?”

A guaranteed check for over five-hundred thousand dollars a year, or continue to live on the edge with a company you help built from the ground up that may still go bankrupt, despite the help of a financial backer?

Paul Heyman: “I was ready to, Vince. But after a lot of consideration, I’m going to keep trying to make it work with ECW.”

Vince McMahon: “That’s all well and good, Paul, but I thought you said you were broke? That the company was bankrupt. As a businessman, how in the hell are you going to keep a sinking ship above water?”

Paul Heyman: “Heh, sometimes Vince, the pieces all just fall together in the right places.”

Vince McMahon: “Cryptic, Heyman. I’m sure you have an ace up your sleeve with this, as you tend to do. I’ll wish you nothing but the best of luck with your little company, but remember one thing, Paul: I may respect you, but if ECW is sticking around, it remains competition for the WWF. If I see something I like in that bingo hall, I’m going to take it.”

Paul Heyman: “Heh, so the status quo remains the same, McMahon.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrestling Arsenal
~Despite many reports and rumors that the PPV ECW held on January 7, Guilty as Charged, would be their last show, it can now be confirmed those reports to be false. Despite being in serious financial trouble for the past few years now, ECW owner Paul Heyman has reportedly found a financial backer to well, back the company financially. No one has been able to get a leak on any information about the financial backer. Whether the backer is a group, or person, remains to be a mystery. And that is what it’s looking to stay as, a mystery.

~In an effort to stop the company from bleeding money, ECW's syndicated show, Hardcore TV, has been canceled, effective immediately. The show aired throughout the middle of the night throughout different regions of the USA, mainly along the east coast. However, the show was only hurting the company from a financial standpoint, and with the company looking to save money while getting back onto national TV, Hardcore TV is the first sacrifice to be made.

~Paul Heyman has openly stated that ECW must get back on national television to stay alive, and that will be his goal throughout 2001, getting a new television deal. Reported networks that Heyman is either interested in working with, or networks interested in ECW, are: Comcast, E!, Cinemax, MTV, Showtime, and the USA Network. For ECW, the main selling point for them will be which networks will pay for their production cost, and which will not. More on this as it occurs.

~With the financial backer now supplying ECW with some funds to keep the company afloat, the main goal of Heyman and his backers have been to work on paying back the wrestlers and staff that Heyman has owed the most money to, namely ECW’s top star, Rob Van Dam. Van Dam is owed roughly one-hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The other two men owed the most are longtime members of the company, Tommy Dreamer and Joey Styles. All three men have reportedly been paid some of the assets owed to them.

~Despite wrestlers getting their paychecks all paid, finally, wrestlers are still rumored to be exploring other options. World Championship Wrestling and the World Wrestling Federation both are reported to be interested in a number of ECW wrestlers, including, but not just, Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Rhino, Super Crazy, Guido Maritato, Yoshihiro Tajiri, and even Joey Styles and Joel Gertner. One man who has already left the company is Steve Corino, who walked out of the company following Guilty as Charged after not getting paid for his appearance in the ECW World Heavyweight Title match. Corino is widely expected to sign for World Championship Wrestling in the following days.

~With the chance of current ECW wrestlers heading for higher pastures, ECW is reported to be looking at bringing back veterans of Extreme Championship Wrestling, as well as some of the up and coming independent talent. Former ECW alumni linked with the company include men such as Juventud Guerrera, New Jack, the Pitbulls, Psicosis, Public Enemy, Sabu, and Scorpio. Independent talent includes up and comers such as the Amazing Red, Boogalou and Homicide, Danny Dominion, Donovan Morgan, Michael Modest, Michael Shane, Scoot Andrews, and Xavier. While those names are just options, two men who are expected to start taking bookings with ECW are the 2001 ECWA Super 8 Winner, Low-Ki, and the third generation superstar, Teddy Hart. Both men are seen as great talents, and could definitely have a great future in wrestling.

~As of right now, Paul Heyman is continuing to stress how much of an importance it is that ECW gets away from syndicated television, and get back on national television. The basic view point at this point in time in the ECW locker room is: If ECW does not get back on national television by the end of April, ECW will be a dead fish. Many fear that if ECW continues on syndicated TV, wrestlers will walk, and more importantly, so will the financial backer. ECW has narrowed down its candidates of suitors; MTV, Showtime, and the USA Network. Heyman will have meetings with them all immediately. Heyman will first be meeting with MTV, but many critics do not believe that ECW will be able to land a deal with MTV. For those who aren’t aware, MTV is the current host of Sunday Night Heat, the ‘B’ show of the World Wrestling Federation. Despite this, Heyman insists to try and talk to them about getting a TV deal; only time will tell what happens there. It seems that ECW's main target is the USA Network, followed by MTV. Showtime is nothing more than an alternative to the other two networks; Showtime would generate the lowest ratings of the three, but would allow the least restrictions. But nonetheless, Heyman's top network is the USA Network.

My Awards:
2008 - Best PPV - Starrcade
2008, 2007, & 2006 - Best Promo Writer
2007 & 2006 - Best Promo(s)
2007 - Most Creative
2007 - Best Feedbacker
2006 & 2007 BTB World Cup - Top Overall Scorer
2007 BTB World Cup - Booker of the Tournament
Only Person to Ever Score Perfect Score in a Tournament
BTB Hall of Famer

World Championship Wrestling 2001 - The Trio Ownership
This was The Trio Ownership; I did it a long time ago, for a long time. T'was a good ready, I think. People liked it and stuff.
Szumi is offline   Reply With Quote