Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #6231 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

ROH - Survival of The Fittest 2005

Qualifying Matches
Jay Lethal vs. Sal Rinauro - ***

Colt Cabana vs. Ricky Reyes - *1/4

Roderick Strong vs. Jerrelle Clark - **3/4

Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Rave - **

Samoa Joe vs. Milano Collection AT - ***1/4

James Gibson vs. Christopher Daniels - ***1/2

ROH Pure Title
Nigel McGuiness(c) vs. BJ Whitmer - **3/4

Survival of the Fittest Elimination Match
Jay Lethal vs. Colt Cabana vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels - ***1/2

Overall: 7/10

- What the hell was Aries/Rave? It started out great and they looked like they wanted to kill each other but when the actual bell rang it slowed down to nothing but punches and kicks and half the time neither guy looked like they knew what was gonna happen next. Terrible ending too, good to continue the GenNext/Embassy feud but terribly predictable and slow.

- I really enjoyed both Lethal/Rinauro and Joe/Milano. The crowd ate up everything Milano did, looked great in his debut. Gibson/Daniels had a nice backstory to it because it was supposed to be a title match before Gibson lost the belt. It's an odd one to rate though because it was went totally unnecessarily long at 26 minutes for the stuff they were actually doing in the ring. It was also weird seeing Gibson play a heel, it didn't look right in ROH. Besides that it's a smartly wrestled match but nothing too exciting.

- Nigel's antics were pure gold in his title match. BJ never stood a chance.

- Believe it or not this was actually the first SOTF match I've ever seen. I liked it but again I thought it was too long. The first 20 minutes or so were great but once it came down to the final four you could tell the guys were gettin reeeeally exhausted. I actually had to laugh at Aries' 450 botch. It kinda worked out well though with his back problem going into the finals. Good story with GenNext but nothing you really need to see.