Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 MOTYC thread
View Single Post
post #1337 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM
antoniomare007
Pico pal q lee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: The 2012 MOTYC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
Randomly got onto watching some of the BJW Strong Climb tournament last night, only watched Callihan/Sasaki and Sasaki/Sekimoto, but I suggest Antonio not read past Callihan/Sasaki as IIRC he adored the shit out of Sasaki/Sekimoto (could be the wrong match for all I know, but I wanna say that's the one).

Anyways, rambling thoughts!~
Yoshihito Sasaki v Daisuke Sekimoto, BJW Strong Climb Tournament Final, (3/26/12)

Again, despite some things I liked in this match (near enough all down to Sasaki) I really think this just tells me that the whole BJW strong style scene might not be for me. I can certainly understand why the stiff strikes and power based offence appeals to people, but a lot of it just feels like one big ego spot where both men wish to assert their dominance by knocking the other down...and it just doesn't captivate me at all. Sekimoto here wasn't all that interesting, I thought him hitting a backdrop suplex on Sasaki's head and following immediately with a dive before slowly working over the neck was a bit strange, I dunno it was good psychology but I don't think Sekimoto is exactly skilled at making that sort of workover terribly engaging, seems better off in those Hama tags trying to find creative ways to topple a bigger and stronger opponent. Sasaki sold the neck very well for the most part (kind of ignored it from time to time in the big spot trading during the finish sequence) and he definitely proved a clear underdog role and the crowd were certainly pulling for him to win the match. HATED the top rope Michinoku Driver being a transition spot, that's the sort of thing I just cannot fathom and would have served as a great spot to kill Sekimoto's dominance and allow Sasaki an opening, but Sekimoto was up and hitting moves not some 30 seconds later and it came off as such a wasted spot. The two Germans being effectively rendered nothing with Sasaki popping up to hit a desperation lariat again didn't impress me, but I do concede fans of the match could use it as an argument of Sasaki just hitting one last big move out of instinct in order to win: its a fair argument even if I wouldn't personally agree. Near fall drama was quite good though and I liked the element of doubt in Sasaki winning before he unleashed one final lariat, if you were a regular BJW watcher and pulling for Sasaki to win I doubt they could have teased the loss any better before delivering the upset win, again being a rare watcher and not as invested in either guy it didn't make that connection with me but I can't argue against it appealing to a more regular BJW watcher.

Also between this match and the Sasaki/Okabayashi 6/21/12 match (again I was left rather apathetic to that match as well), WHAT IN THE FUCK is Sasaki thinking with those headbutts? I mean jesus christ that is just dangerously stiff for the sake of being dangerously stiff, I think it was the first one he hit on Okabayashi and you could hear the crack on the skull upon impact and it was quite sickening to hear, and the blood loss that followed the third and fourth headbutt was absurd. I mean it was around 15 seconds and he had blood entirely covering his face, and from what I've seen said in here it seems like one of his trademark spots in big matches, which is frankly horrifying if that is the case.

Gotta LOT of stuff to catch up to, but that is still my MOTY.

Back.To Back.TO BACK.

MAS QUE UNA PASION, UN SENTIMIENTO

U

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome