Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #6209 (permalink)
Bruce L
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

Bruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friendsBruce L needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

DGUSA — Open the Ultimate Gate 2011

Johnny Gargano vs. Jimmy Rave
*** - Definitely one of the year's hidden gems

Sami Callihan vs. Arik Cannon vs. Rich Swann vs. A.R. Fox vs. Lince Dorado vs. Silas Young
** - These freestyle/fray/whatever matches never do anything for me, and this was no exception

Brodie Lee vs. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
N/A - Just a squash to further establish Brodie as a monster and Blood Warriors as a bunch of jerks. Very entertaining, though.

Chuck Taylor vs. Brodie Lee
* - Honestly, the Stalker squash was more memorable. It's weird how indifferent I am to Taylor in DGUSA considering how much I've liked him in Chikara and PWG in the past.

Masato Yoshino & PAC vs. CIMA & Naruki Doi - Open the United Gate
**** - Predictably great tag match

Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon vs. The Dark City Fight Club
** - Not a bad debut for the D.U.F. as a team, but I kind of got the feeling this was also supposed to get the DCFC over as a new major force in DGUSA, and it failed completely at that. Doesn't matter, since I don't think Kory Chavis ever appeared again.

Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs
*** - Started off as a fun exhibition, developed into a nice "Aries' greatest hits" match. Post-match stuff from Aries was pretty good too.

Jon Moxley vs. Akira Tozawa - No DQ
N/A - More a pre-match angle for the ME than a match that stands on its own, but fun while it lasted

YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa - Open the Freedom Gate
**** - Great main event from two guys who would be my picks for the best DG Japan regulars in DGUSA. Not sure if it quite cracks my top 30 for 2011, but damn close.

Really good show from top to bottom. If you like DGUSA, Open the Ultimate Gate 2011 won't disappoint.

Last edited by Bruce L : 07-13-2012 at 01:20 PM.