Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Lawler: Best Wrestler of the 1980s

View Single Post

Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo
If I really don't like someone, I call them a Tony Schiavone.---Ron Funches

xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselvesxoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Jerry Lawler: Best Wrestler of the 1980s

Those aren't my top 5 of the 80s but just some names I threw out there that had great runs in the 80s, on a bigger stage.

The thing that gets me about Lawler is the fact that he won over 50 singles championships in the 80s, majority belonging to Memphis territory promotions or affiliates. Now, I know that really doesn't mean anything but if you're just going to base his greatness on his abilities, who's to say a guy like Bobby Eaton, Bill Dundee, Austin Idol or the Gilberts weren't better?

If mic skills are all it takes for Lawler to be viewed as the best of the 80s, then it's plenty who rank above him. Wrestling wise, it's plenty that rank above him. Lawler truly stood out for his plentiful title reigns.
xoxoPAiGEaNGELxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote