Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #3873 (permalink)
Moyes' Hot Cross Buns
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Dreams are a side of the moon. Thoust eyes capture me with a swoon. You've cast such a spell on this hard covered shell. Just please leave my house before noon.
Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000Moyes' Hot Cross Buns 31501 - 50000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Only thing I'll say is that moment where Cena interrupted a 15 minute Rock promo and in about 1 minute and a half tore him apart and got right in his face smirking before exiting was one of the more damned burials I've seen against Rock. TBF Rock looked legit pissed during it (and I don't really think he's that great of an actor to convey such hatred in his eyes without being a little pissed) but by just standing there, saying nothing as Cena talked about beating his arse and then getting to within spitting distance and then exiting....and then Rock standing there before finally muttering a reply about bringing it to Cena and stumbling over his words...it was just nothing like you'd expect out of The Rock character.

I'm sure someone on here said during his comeback it felt like Dwayne Johnson playing The Rock, rather than The Rock being out there. And tbh I couldn't agree more with that, whether you wish to argue WWE deliberately held him back in order to have Cena win a segment one week or not, something when watching him just never felt 'right'. Whether he'd been gone too long or something, or he changed it up for a new audience: things like him constantly bringing the fans into the promos: "We can do it" and then begging the crowd to join in etc...it just felt forced and not what The Rock character was about back in his prime. Fans joined in with his promos by themselves, he'd never openly call on the fans to join along or refer to them as a collective 'we', it was always about The Rock.