Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#10,148 ·
My dear this man is incapable of cutting a bad promo, even when drunk off his ass :lol

In other news: looking forward to the upcoming DGUSA anniversary shows can't believe it's been 4 years already *sheds manly tear* Bucks/World 1, The CHIKARA 8-Man & Nese/Tozawa should be fantastic but I doubt that Taylor/Davis will top their EVOLVE match but I'd love to be proven wrong.

#10,146 ·
I think it was kind of a veiled shot against the people who spoke out about him after he got in trouble for that tweet and a bit heelish just in case they stay and want to do something different. Or he's a batshit insane *******.

No one probably even cares but gonna say it anyhow; Next CZW review should be up soon(ish). If not today, then definitely tomorrow.
I'm interested if for nothing else to see how what you see stacks up with mine reviews during a time when I hated CZW.

#10,147 ·
Well, PWG Ten is clearly gonna be absolutely batshit crazy and I'm gonna love it. Ricochet & Swann to win the belts. :mark:

DGUSA matches announced are meh, I don't get too excited for Tony Nese like some other folks. Haven't seen the first Davis/Taylor affair yet so I can't get excited for that. Bucks vs. Inner City will be great but I'll bet any amount of money it won't be as good as their PWG match due to the environment. Chikara 8-man should be a blast.

Jay's promo would've been better if he yelled HUH after every sentence like in the 'Since Day One' promo (I fucking love that shit). My guess for the pussyfooters would have to be the WWE.

#10,151 ·
Gabe Sapolsky on Facebook noted that WWN Live will be doing its own convention apart of WrestleCon in New Orleans in April in conjunction with WrestleMania.

The event will be called WWNLive Experience, and will include live events and iPPV shows from Evolve, Shimmer, Kaiju Big Battel and Dragon Gate USA, with shows on Friday, multiple shows on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Wrestlecon had announced its event yesterday.
//

#10,152 ·

CZW Blood Pressure Rising
9/5/2009
New Alhambra Arena, Philadelphia, PA.

Singles Match
Sabian vs. Rich Swann - 1,00 / 5,00

Singles Match
Drew Blood vs. Pinkie Sanchez - 1.75 / 5,00

Singles Match
Devon Moore vs. Cole Calloway - DUD

CZW World Tag Team Championship: Tag Team Match
H8 Club vs. The Best Around - DUD

Best Of The Best 9 Qualifier: Singles Match
Carter Gray vs. Drew Gulak - 2,50 / 5,00

Best Of The Best 9 Qualifier: Singles Match
Ruckus vs. Greg Excellent - 1,25 / 5,00

CZW Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Singles Match
Egotistico Fantastico vs. Ryan McBride - 2,50 / 5,00

CZW World Heavyweight Championship: Singles Match
Drake Younger vs. Dingo - 3,25 / 5,00

Singles Match
Jon Moxley vs. Brain Damage - 2,75 / 5,00

Singles Match
Sami Callihan vs Trent Acid - 2,25 / 5,00

Average Value = 1.825

Next: CZW Tournament of Death VIII (6/6/2009)

#10,154 ·
If you're referencing Briscoes then the Indy scene is fine. What impact did they even have on it outside of RoH in the last couple years? Blame's solely on RoH for not building stars and replacing lost names - something that's been a problem for years.

Names will come and go, but there's more guys waiting to take their place.

#10,162 ·
If you're referencing Briscoes then the Indy scene is fine.
No, I was talking about the WrestleCon/WWNLive stuff.

Reactions: Rah
#10,155 ·
More info on PWG shows...

Tickets for TEN will go on sale July 9th at 8PM PST.

Trent? will be making his return to PWG as the second entrant in the 2013 Battle of Los Angeles!

Rocky Romero/Alex Koslov will be making their return to PWG to face RockNES Monsters at TEN!

Michael Elgin has decided to go back into singles competition to prepare for the 2013 Battle of Los Angeles. He will face AR Fox at TEN!

The same goes for Brian Cage who will face Davey Richards at TEN!

Kyle O'Reilly will be taking on TJ Perkins at TEN!

And last but not least. Paul London/Brian Kendrick make their PWG return to face Johnny Gargano/Chuck Taylor!

There will also be an opening six man tag match featuring Willie Mack, Candice LaRae, B-Boy, Ryan Taylor and more!

Also, Candice LaRae! :mark:

#10,158 ·
Like everyone else London/Kendrick vs F.I.S.T has me pumped.

Severely let down by the rest of the card though. At least they could of gave us Forever Hooligans vs Super Smash Brothers. Why aren't SSB wrestling in PWG anymore?

They should of just done Elgin/Cage vs Davey/Kyle and TJP vs AR Fox. Sounds better to me anyway.

A lot from the PWG forums are gonna be disappointed. I stumbled across it the last they and they were full sure of a Super Dragon and Tozawa return, a Devitt and Ibushi debut, TNA talent returning etc :lmao

#10,165 ·
I really like Chuck Taylor. He's charismatic. Sure, he's not a grand master of combat psychology (although quality comedy can be a really effective mental and tactical tool, kayfabe speaking of course), or good grappler, or decent striker, etc. But I kind of like and appreciate what he does out there, he pushes for his own thing, tries to tell a story. Sure, he tries too hard sometimes, but what the hell, he still entertains me in his own way. Also, he can really tear houses down when feels like it.

#10,166 ·
Personally I'm interested at seeing how well WrestleCon goes this year. Part of me thinks that the location of this years was what made it so successful. I mean, the NY/NJ area is pretty much the mecca of indy wrestling anyways.

TNA released Joey Ryan. Well, that lasted long. I guess PWG will shove him in the tag match at Ten. So I guess that means more sexual harassment for Candice LeRae

#10,168 ·
My thoughts on the past few topics:

Rest of the card for TEN looks rather... terrible. Hate to say it. Londrick vs. F.I.S.T. has huge potential to be tons of fun but I think it's really gonna depend on what Brian Kendrick shows up. Heard he's been slackin heavily as of late, but I haven't seen it yet personally. Davey vs. Cage, Perkins vs. O'Reilly (this has happened tons of times btw), & Fox vs. Elgin, especially that last one, do absolutely nothing for me. I would've been much more interested in this combo:

Davey & Kyle vs. Unbreakable F'N Machines & Perkins vs. Fox

Also, sucks to hear about the stripping of Jay. A tournament is fine with me but a tournament that covers a two month span? Come on now. Why not do it on a double shot or even just a one night, 8 man tournament? Cole or Elgin (probably Elgin) are the clear picks for me, unless Hardy sneaks in there.

#10,169 · (Edited)

CZW Tournament Of Death VIII
6/6/2009
Ultraviolent Underground, Townsend, Delaware.

Tournament Of Death 8 First Round: Fire Death Match
Nick Gage vs. Deranged - 2,50 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 First Round: Thumbtack Kick Pads
xOMGx vs. Scotty Vortekz vs. Drake Younger - 2,75 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 First Round: Barbed Wire Boards & Light Tube Bundles
Toby Klein vs. WHACKS - 2,00 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 First Round: Pane In The Glass
Dysfunction vs. Danny Havoc - 2,75 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 First Round: Dining Room Deathmatch
Jon Moxley vs. Brain Damage - 3,50 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 First Round: Jack In The Box Death Match
DJ Hyde vs. Thumbtack Jack - 3,75 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 Semi-Finals: Fans Bring The Weapons
Nick Gage vs. Jon Moxley vs. Scotty Vortekz - 2,50 / 5,00

Tournament Of Death 8 Semi-Finals: Fans Bring The Weapons
WHACKS vs. Danny Havoc vs. Thumbtack Jack - 2,00 / 5,00

Non-Tournament Match: Singles Match
Alex Colon vs. Tyler Veritas - 1,25 / 5,00

Devon Moore vs. Greg Excellent - DUD

Sami Callihan vs. Trent Acid - DUD

Tournament Of Death 8 Finals: 200 Light Tubes & Panes Of Glass
Nick Gage vs. Thumbtack Jack - 1,75 / 5,00

Ultraviolent "Battle Royal" - N/A / 5,00

(Zandig vs. TJ vs. Moxley vs. Callihan vs. DJ vs.
Damage vs. Dysfunction vs. xOMGx vs. Younger vs. Vortekz
)

Average Value = 2.1667

Next: CZW Best Of The Best 9 (13/6/2009)

#10,170 ·
I agree with Jack Evans, stretching it out over such a long span seems like a waste. Not trying to play the instant gratification card but a one-two punch or one night tournament if booked correctly can accomplish just as much. Well, I guess I'll see how it plays out sucks for Jay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.