Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #6179 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

About damn time, CZW has a growing following so better late than never I say. This can serve as a good buffer between shows and hype events. Going to watch all three shortly. EDIT: If Shane Douglas brings in more up and coming lucha talent from Mexico, I may have to give him all my money.

***Flashback***

EVOLVE 6: Aries vs. Taylor
November 20, 2010- Union City, NJ

Quick Thoughts: This was a solid show, again nothing stood out as spectacular but a consistent card up and down which is more than I could say for EVOLVE 5 at least. The main event was disappointing, as was the relaxed rules match but the post match made up for that. That Moxley promo bending his finger back with a wrench ewwww...

Drake Younger vs. Silas Young- Good opener
Rich Swann vs. AR Fox vs. Tony Nese vs. Scott Reed- Fun 4 way with nonstop action, but that AR Fox botch must've hurt like a mofo.
Bobby Fish vs. Kyle O'Reilly- Very good match, probably on par with their previous EVOLVE match.
Super Smash Bros vs. Up in Smoke- Strong tag match with lots of action and a great finish
Homicide vs. Jon Moxley (Relaxed Rules)- Pretty nothing match, but the post match stuff was excellent.
Adam Cole vs. Ricochet- Alright match but these two could do better, too many drag periods.
Johnny Gargano vs. Jimmy Jacobs- Solid match with good back and forth but a flat finish.
Austin Aries vs. Chucky T- A good match, but disappointing considering this was the most build ever put into an EVOLVE main event by this point. Some good back and forth and some nice spots, but some parts dragged and others fell flat imo. Still the finish was nice and dramatic and the storytelling was on point.
_____

EVOLVE 7: Aries vs. Moxley
April 19, 2011- New York City, NY

Quick Thoughts: Pretty much my same sentiments from EVOLVE 6, top to bottom consistent with a solid main event.

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Shiima Xion- Nice, effective opener introducing Xion to EVOLVE.
Silas Young vs. Tony Nese- Short, decent match with good back and forth.
Johnny Gargano vs. Jon Davis- Smartly worked big man/little man match with some good sequences down the stretch.
CHIKARA Sekigun vs. Facade & Jason Gory- Good tag match with lots of crisp offense from both teams.
Sami Callihan vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.- Very good, intelligent worked match with both guys building the match around their signature submission moves. Didn't remember this being so good.
AR Fox vs. Rich Swann- Fun and short spotty match to bring people back from intermission, they did some crazy shit.
Chucky T vs. Akira Tozawa- Surprising great match with lots of offense squeezed into 11 minutes.
Chucky T vs. Johnny Gargano- Pretty nothing match while good for story purposes could've been done without looking back.
Austin Aries vs. Jon Moxley (Moxley's last indy match)- Very solid main event on par with Aries/Taylor, they worked a par the course ME style match but here it worked and they put on some nice exchanges in the process.
_____

EVOLVE 8: Style Battle
May 20, 2011- Union City, NJ

Quick Thoughts: Ugh, I remember hating the shit out of this show. (At the time) it hardly reflected EVOLVE, no promos, no build, nothing. Most of the show was booked awkardly and the card itself was pretty lackluster and screamed throwaway. Some decent stuff for the first half of the show but then it just went to shit in the most extreme way, the main event was nice but not their best. Definitely the weakest EVOLVE show by far.

AR Fox vs. Rich Swann- This was their EVOLVE 7 match except lackluster and toned down.
Tony Nese vs. Jon Davis- Actually a really good match for the time it got, both played to their styles.
Brodie Lee vs. Sami Callihan- Decent with way, way too many nearfalls for a 12 minute match.
Austin Aries vs. Bobby Fish- Good match, got WAY too much time and they couldn't get the fans into it at times.
AR Fox vs. Jon Davis- Decent match but pretty short and the finish came out of nowhere.
Bobby Fish vs. Sami Callihan- Really short match that made Bobby Fish look like Sami's bitch which is kind of backwards booking wise.
The New Havana Pitbulls vs. The SAT- Pretty nothing tag match and the crowd couldn't have cared less.
FRAY!- Very bland FRAY, Chavis and Pinkie carried most of the load here.
AR Fox vs. Sami Callihan- Alright match, but definitely not their best and really unrealistic in execution; How does Fox take all that blunt damage to the head and just turns around and up and win the match right afterwards WTF?

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND

Last edited by Matt_Yoda : 07-10-2012 at 05:12 PM.