Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,778 ·
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Well I like the Dodgers, but if it means we can get rid of Lester, Lackey and Beckett...sorry Kemp.

But on a serious note, I really don't see why the Dodgers are doing this. Crawford is out for the rest of the season and even when he's playing he's extremely injury prone, Beckett sucks, and I can't even remember who was the other person named.

Of course I can see why they would want AGon.

#1,779 ·

The Dodgers are retarded taking on this much money. It's not like Hanley or Ethier have 5 years left at their pinnacles. To add Gonzalez + Beckett would be suicidal. They'll be stuck under expensive contracts and liabilities much like the Cubs were (and still are to a lesser extent) when Hendry had this same philosophy.

Unless of course they pull a Steinbrenner and say "we're all in; we'll pay the luxury tax for every dollar we're over".

#1,784 ·

As a Red Sox fan, I'm ecstatic to see that much wasted salary take a fucking hike out to the west coast. Carl Crawford has been a cancer for over a year now, and Beckett really just needs a scenery change. He might find his way in LA.

Sad to see Adrian leave, but it was what the Dodgers wanted in order to take on Beckett and Crawford. Sounds like we're getting some young pitchers as well. Not sure why Sox fans want to send Lester somewhere too, he'll bounce back. John Lackey is worthless though.

#1,785 · (Edited)

I get Adrian is a good player, but does he not contribute to the ominous culture in Boston? If I'm not mistaking, he and Pedroia were the two players at the center of that meeting with upper management.

Also, crazy 9th inning in Chicago. Really could use a walk-off hit to gain a game on DET.

EDIT: YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUK

EDIT2: What an elaborate 9th inning! 2.5 up.

#1,787 ·

I get Adrian is a good player, but does he not contribute to the ominous culture in Boston? If I'm not mistaking, he and Pedroia were the two players at the center of that meeting with upper management.

Also, crazy 9th inning in Chicago. Really could use a walk-off hit to gain a game on DET.

EDIT: YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUK

EDIT2: What an elaborate 9th inning! 2.5 up.
A story surfaced after the Shoppach trade that apparently Shoppach had used Gonzalez's phone to text managed which was apparently his big thing that came out in the previous report. And from what I've read about Shoppach being a douche, I don't doubt it. As for Adrian's involvement in anything else, I'm honestly not too sure.

Fucking Pedroia though, I've gotten very sick of him this year.

#1,794 ·

Pagan with four hits tonight including a triple and a double. Dude has been on fire. GIANTS win 5 in a row. :D:
Goddamn I miss him on the Mets. :(

Remember that TERRIBLE fail slide Shoppach did going into 2nd base? Loser.

I'm fine with Pedroia though. He plays hard, and he publicly said he would play for Valentine. I don't think he's the cancer by any means.

I do give props to the players who went to Pesky's funeral - which was Ortiz, Clay, and Salty (as far as I know they are the only three) and those who didn't kinda suck. Really hope Ortiz finishes his career in Boston. Lester will bounce back, Felix might be better next year, and they NEED to get rid of Aceves. The guy cannot be our closer next year. I wouldn't even let him close open lockers, much less actual games.
I gotta disagree about Aceves, man. While I agree he shouldn't be closer, I think he's a HUGE factor in the bullpen. I've seen something in that guy all the way back to when he was on the Yankees.

And ironically, Padilla showed up to the funeral. PADILLA. Been here one year and he showed up rather than Pedroia/Ellsbury/Beckett/etc guys that have been here a while.

#1,791 ·
#1,799 ·

HarsballTalk said:
The trade has been announced. The Red Sox have traded Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, Nick Punto and cash considerations to the Dodgers for James Loney, Allen Webster, Ivan De Jesus, Jr. and two players to be named later.

Rubby De La Rosa and Jerry Sands are reportedly the players to be named and will join the Red Sox organization following the season. The Red Sox must wait to acquire De La Rosa and Sands because they didn’t clear waivers this month.

#1,805 · (Edited)

I read a comment from a Dodgers fan that said De La Rosa has the potential to a decent pitcher.

Hoping the Sox can sign a new starter in the offseason. Doesn't need to be a big star, just someone dependable.
De La Rosa and Webster are the two big prospects that the Red Sox get back. Sands and De Jesus are considered to be possible bench guys. Sands might have a shot to be at least a platoon guy with another player. Webster is projected to be at least a possible #2 starter someday. He is comparable to Derek Lowe in terms of his pitching. De La Rosa is the wild card. He too could be a top of the line starter someday or even a setup or possible closer with his stuff. He is the top prize. Loney is just a rental.

Brye, mark my words, Lackey will be that guy. I actually think he could get back to his Angels form. I think he will help next year.

#1,803 ·

Sox have been an embarrassment these last 2 seasons. there have been so many bad signings the last couple years. Lackey and Crawford being the most recent. Never understood the constant bashing of Daisuke when Beckett after the world series wins has not done anything good at all. Lester has been a better pitcher than him most of the time.

So awful that Boston has been a baseball city the last century or whatever should have easily been a Football town after the emergence and dominance of the Pats. Shame that it will probably be a Pats city when Brady and Bill duo might end in a few years.

#1,804 ·

Dunn last year had 11 HR's and 0 off of left handed pitchers. This year alone, he has 14 HR's off of lefties. His batting average is .207, while his slugging is nearly 2.5 times that amount at .508. Another remarkable stat: Dunn has as many singles (38) as he has HR's this year (38). He's also struck out 188 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.