Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#1,859 · (Edited)
re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

I seriously wouldn't mind if the Red Sox quit their season today (forfeiting all the games) and just tried to build chemistry by going bowling or something for the rest of the year.

They should have went into sell/trade mode just before the deadline.

I believe I called RA Dickey for NL Cy Young a couple weeks back.As far as the AL it will be a battle between Verlander and Hernandez, it is all on how you vote; it isn't always about the numbers such as K's, complete games, shutouts, wins, era, etc when it comes to the CY Young.

AL MVP will go to Miguel Cabrera with Trout slightly behind.
NL MVP: NcCutchen, Posey, Braun or Votto.
AL Rookie of the Year: Mike Trout, obviously.
NL Rookie of the Year: I think Wade Miley from the D-Backs will end up with this, but Cole Hamels went and anointed Bryce Harper as 'the next big thing'.

I am looking forward to the end of the Sox/Tigers series tonight.

EDIT: The O's are smoking the Yankees right now; the Yankees have used five pitchers in one inning.

#1,860 ·

Nah as great as Miggy is, Trout brings more to the table this season. Solid power numbers while leading the AL in BA and steals. I'm not even sure Miggy goes over Hamilton at this point. If they factor in how the team is doing as far as post season goes, Hamilton will win it barring another slump or an injury...assuming the Rangers don't get caught by the f'n A's, which they definitely could.

Still got a month left so things can change.

edit: Looked up all 3 (Trout, Hamilton, Miggy). It's really close with all three. I knew Cabrera was above .300, but didn't know he is at .332, right on Trout's heels.

#1,861 ·

Nah as great as Miggy is, Trout brings more to the table this season. Solid power numbers while leading the AL in BA and steals. I'm not even sure Miggy goes over Hamilton at this point. If they factor in how the team is doing as far as post season goes, Hamilton will win it barring another slump or an injury...assuming the Rangers don't get caught by the f'n A's, which they definitely could.

Still got a month left so things can change.

edit: Looked up all 3 (Trout, Hamilton, Miggy). It's really close with all three. I knew Cabrera was above .300, but didn't know he is at .332, right on Trout's heels.
Not to mention Miggy has 40 + RBI on Trout and has hit for 100+ RBI since 2004.

As far as Hamiltion, yeah he had that four hit game and is up there in HR's, bur Miggy has 33 to his name. JH also went into that deadly slump in late June through July.

#1,871 ·

I wonder how years Chipper can play if he was DH for the AL?
He wants to retire as a brave and he isn't right to be a designated hitter, and if he did, he wouldn't play many games. It would be cool and all, but most players with DH positions in there future that played in the NL transfer around or before 30.

Tigers over Sox, now let us hope they can make it definitive. Valverde really scared me in the end.

#1,878 ·

He's still not running at full speed I read today. You really need those legs to catch, so I guess they got Soto so they wouldn't have to rush Nap back. I don't think it's anything severe, the Rangers are probably just taking it easy on him. We'll want him 100% for the mid/end of Sept and October.

#1,881 ·

Angels sweep the A's :D The pitching and batting has really pick up in the last couple of weeks!
The Angels are up for a 3 game series starting friday against Detroit next and The Tigers are one game behind The White Sox; I am guessing that the Angels/Tigers series will go 2/3 either way. This is the start of a 10 game road trip for Detroit.

The White Sox play 3 against the Royals and I am just hoping the Royals put up a fight and then we go on to Sox/Tigers for 4.

After their four game series I imagine we will have a pretty solid guess on who is taking the AL Central.

#1,891 ·

It's in his head that this was going to happen, no wonder he's been struggling. Strausburg should have been screaming to them from the mountaintops to give him the ball every 5th day. If I was him, I'd be informing the Nationals to not expect me to ever sign another contract with them and I'm out the door first chance I get.

The fans should be pissed as hell also. Washington had a very good chance to obviously not only win the division, but win the NLCS and play in the World Series. Forget that now, I hope the fans don't show up now.

Not to mention, who is to say that he ever gets here again? He could go out next spring, blow his arm out on Opening Day and that's all she wrote. I would also want to see how he handles playing in the clutch, especially if you want this guy as your meal ticket for the next 10+ years. Plus, it's not a done deal the Nats are even playoff-bound yet. The Red Sox and Braves were supposed to be at this time last year, and look how that ended up.

#1,892 · (Edited)

Exactly. Well said, Bruiser. Take Mark Prior, for example. Guy was arguably the most dominant collegiate pitcher of all time and was eased along in the minors prior to pitching for the Cubs in 02'. Progressively took him from 60IP to 88, then 113, and so on and so forth. Scouts said Prior had one of the most fluid deliveries and the best mechanics they had ever seen. What happens? Arm falls off and Prior's career will be forever remembered as an injury riddled one.

Long story shorty, you just never know what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.