Wrestling Forum banner

Texas Tornado (Kerry Von Erich) WWF jobber?

12K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  calbucfan1 
#1 ·
saw this on Wikipedia.
Kerry's push eventually ended as he was relegated to jobber to the stars status. He left the WWF in July 1992.
does any one have any clips of this? my memory has the royal rumble he was in and that's it. towards the end.

also why did the wwe demote him? drug use and unreliability?

also when Ultimate Warrior returned with shorter hair some speculated it was him, any other odd stories related to him?

#2 ·
Kerry Von Erich was a major part of the mid card in WWE in between 1990 and 1991 alongside Curt Hennig but he had major drug problems that his father always overlooked because he was the star down in WCCW and didn't get the help he needed. By the time he got to WWE his drug problems were said to be out of control but were hidden for a while so once Vince McMahon realised how bad things were he used him in multi man matches such as six and eight man tag team matches from mid 1991 onwards.

Personally i was never a fan of Kerry Von Erich and found him very overrated as an in ring worker and he was carried to a good feud and series of matches with Curt Hennig. If i could compare Kerry Von Erich to anyone it would be Jeff Hardy as neither were/are that good in the ring but for some reason were/are extremely over and very popular with the crowds which is why they were elevated to main event status. Kerry Von Erich didn't become NWA champion based on his in ring skills like many others such as Ric Flair, Harley Race and Ricky Steamboat but more because he was very popular just as much as it was a tribute to his brother who had died a few months earlier.

#6 ·
This was around the time that a rumor got started about KVE portraying the Ultimate Warrior on house show cards because Jim Hellwig no-showed a bunch of them. It turned out to be false, but was one of the better urban myths in wrestling history IMO.

#9 ·
Vince wanted KVE as far back as 83. Initially he was over really well, but was a shadow of the worker he once was ( might have something to do with only having one foot and battling his "demons"). Once they realised that it wasn't working out they got the IC title off him and stopped his push. Personally, I loved watching KVE in WWF and wished he had of been there in the prime of his career. I think he would have had a great fued with Randy Savage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.