Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #3744 (permalink)
Choke2Death
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania

Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Just finished watching Wrestlemania XIX in my journey through the year of 2003. Here's my ratings:

Matty Hardy vs Rey Mysterio ***1/2
*A nice fast paced, typical cruiserweight match. Ends a bit too fast but fun while it lasted.

The Undertaker vs A-Train & Big Show *1/2
*What a waste of streak match. Boring, slow and Undertaker has not gotten anything good enough to work against.

Victoria vs Trish Stratus vs Jazz ***1/4
*A decent women's championship match involving three of the best female workers WWE has had. Nice triple threat style match with each wrestler getting a fair amount of offense, making it a consistent back and forth in the traditional triple threat fashion.

Team Angle vs Los Guerreros vs Chris Benoit/Rhyno ***1/2
*A fun tag team match involving some of the best workers in 2003 that happen that have no real direction in terms of storylines. I think Benoit would have been a much better opponent for the Undertaker at this WM but for what he got, he still did all he could. Also liked the finish where Shelton Benjamin took advantage of Chavo getting the Gore and Eddie being busy fighting Rhyno outside.

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho ****1/4
*An excellent match with Mr. Wrestlemania delivering like he always does. Jericho did some great heel work, mocking Shawn's Sweet Chin Music and the kip-up. Both put on a show with a decent crowd behind them and there's lots of nice back and forth action between the two.

HHH vs Booker T ***1/4
*Just an okay match, but the completely dead crowd kind of ruins it. The action is a bit too slow for me and with the crowd being silent for most of it, I just couldn't really get into it. Also Booker T should have won this match. Everything from the racist comments by HHH to the touching video package before the match showing Booker's road to success calls for him to get his moment but for whatever reason, Hunter just had to win.

Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon ***3/4
*A pretty entertaining street fight. Both men are poor in terms of wrestling but with what they got, they manage to deliver a match that entertains the watcher. I'm surprised by how much of the work here was done by Vince. And that legdrop he did on the announce table was awesome. No idea why Roddy Piper turned up halfway through the match, though. Vince keeps destroying Hogan towards the end but then Hogan hulks up, which I found rather epic in this place and does his usual sequence of match ending moves to pin Vince successfully. The crowd was absolutely amazing and really into this match. The reaction Hogan received when he started to hulk up is a mark out moment.

The Rock vs Stone Cold ****1/2
*Another Wrestlemania classic by these two legends. This time The Rock finally gets his win over Austin at the biggest stage of them all. An awesome crowd helps this Attitude Era-style match reach a top level. It isn't better than their WM17 match but it's completely awesome and The Rock wins after three Rock Bottoms. If Austin never wrestles again, I can say that this is a great way to go out with a bang.

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar ****
*This is probably the most technical wrestling match on the entire card. Brock is solid in this part and Kurt is an excellent technician. A bit slow with some rest-holds in the beginning but starts picking up in the last few minutes. A completely out of energy crowd brings it down a notch, though. Also the Shooting Star Press botch was bad but not enough to ruin the match, specially since Lesnar finished the match just fine by giving Angle a third F5 and pinning him.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Last edited by Choke2Death : 07-09-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: redid the ratings a little