Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #545 (permalink)
NJ88
Follower of Lockeism

NJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth readingNJ88 has posts worth reading
Default re: Official Tennis Discussion Thread

I dont think anyone can blame his mental state for that loss because I think mentally he was pretty great.

He won the first set, was playing strongly in the second set and should have won it, Federer won it and Murray didn't lose his cool he actually played a very good third set, he didnt give up games easily and fought for every point. The guy wasn't giving up, he was chasing balls down left right and centre the entire match. That's not what I call mentally breaking down. He didn't lose his cool. He got frustrated on a couple of points...so what? He didn't let it affect his game. Not breaking Fed in the second set didnt cause him to lose a succession of four games like he might have done previously. That was a massive improvement from Andy Murray.

As I said, once the roof was closed, the match got taken out his hands. Federer is the greatest grass court player, and probably the greatest player of all time. When he's on, on a grass court, there's little anyone can do. Murray did a heck of a job hanging in there and fighting the way he did. He's shown great improvement on the grass and he'll continue getting better. I think he'll end up taking this slam final as far more of a positive experience than the other three, and he's learn and get better from it. I think he'll win a slam at some point, probably a few.