Wrestling Forum banner

Leader of A&8?

Aces & Eights Discussion Thread

779K views 5K replies 696 participants last post by  LIL' WINNING FOOT 
#1 ·
I have it on very good authority that the leader of the Aces and 8's faction will be someone who has a real grudge against HH and Sting.

This person is also a keen biker and the factio Aces and 8's is being set up as a "Hells Angels" type faction.

Said person also made a comment recently to wait for some big news from him in the future!!

Answer is

#1,868 · (Edited)
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, so I'll post it anyway.

From A & 8s twitter after BFG.

Aces & Eights ‏@TheAcesAnd8s
Now the funs begins...

Good job Prospect.
Devon was only a Prospect.

Edit: I see it was already posted by Brad.

Anyway, like some have said, who was in the match with Mike Knox last night? Guy seemed to skinny to be Gallows and we probably would of seen his tattoos. It could be Bradley, but I'm not sure he's that tall. I didn't really get a good look though.

#1,869 ·
I dont understand the lack of patience. The story's just started. If you reveal everything now, the blowoff would be at Turning Point.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

Reactions: Caniacal
#2,087 · (Edited)
One member of Aces and Eights look so much like Lesnar

Holly shit. Take a look at 1:38. Look at is eyes. Take a look also at 0:48. I know it's not Lesnar but anybody knows who he is?

I know the two men beside him are Knox and Gallows but who's that big guy that looks like Lesnar?

#2,315 ·
When it's rushed, we're told that slower, longer builds are the way to go.

When it's slower and thought out, we're told that it's boring.

--

Revealing everybody at once, the motive, the leaders, etc. would be retarded. This is about introducing new talent to the roster and elevating each one. DOC has looked badass in the first two weeks of being unmasked; chokeslamming Parks and Sting through tables, destroying Sting with a hammer, etc. I am sure the same type of thing will happen with Brisco/Knox/Bradley/etc.

I have absolutely no problem with how TNA is going about this. We're getting character and feud progression every week. At BFG, it was Hogan one punching a bunch of them. Fast forward almost a month, and THE ICON STING is being decapitated in the ring. The group are getting stronger and gaining personalities.

This angle has given so much talent on the roster with something to work with. That allows for longer, more frequent segments with younger talent in other feuds; Joey Ryan, Zema Ion, etc.

Patience is indeed a virtue, and it's something that wrestling fans just don't have but like to believe they do.

Well done, TNA. Keep up the good work.

#2,507 ·
Could just be a placeholder for somebody. I think if we learned anything from the Devon reveal, it's that. Devon wasn't under the masks at any point before he was revealed at Bound For Glory.

#2,679 ·
I see why the IWC has a bad name, all I see from 90% is complaining. Then there are the ones that believe that the only way a wrestling product can be good is if it gets 3.5 ratings. I enjoy TNA, if you don't, I don't understand, why come and just bitch about everything, is there any part of TNA you enjoy? I guess every TV product before RAW and Nitro was shit because they didn't get 3.0 ratings too. Some people have the best logic. Also, you can use the excuse of, "I'm a fan, I'm allowed to critique the product, and you would be right, if what you did was critique, not just rambling hatred, you sound more like a scorned girlfriend than a fan of a wrestling product. Please stop bitching, nobody is listening.

Reactions: Scavo
#2,735 ·
there just like the old biker gang wwe had D.O.A, i dont see how they could suprise ppl with the leader coz if its hogan,bischof,jeff jerret, stink, bully, roode, storm, angle or any1 else it would just suck bigtime, they would need to get some1 new and whos going to be an instant star or else it just fails

#2,753 ·
Holy shit, I have so many issues with that tag match tonight.

1. 2nd loss in 5 nights: Why? Why not at least make it a DQ win for Hardy/Storm? Why a clean tag loss against Aces and Eights' two biggest/baddest dudes?

2. The VP (D-Lol) looks so weak: The fucking VICE-PRESIDENT of the group, the guy who're to believe is the biggest threat from the usual group that comes out, looks so weak there. He comes running in with a BAT, gets kicked and just rolls around on the ground. Wow. How are we suppose to believe the group is a legit threat when the VP, who hasn't been revelaed and is supposed to be a mysterious thing, is that fucking weak?

3. Overall, they lost a 5 v 2 situation there: Hardy/Storm took out 5 of them. Clean. Ref didn't even do anything kayfabe style. Just waited for them to clean house and then made the pin. Again, this group of 5 consisted of the VP, the "arm breaker"(Knox), the Director of Chaos, the Sargeant of Arms, and some random. These are supposed to be the top dudes in the group.

4. Devon yells out Aries' name at a terrible time: Aries isn't out there, Roode isn't out there... it has nothing to do with Storm(but he gives the confused look)... and Hardy looks confused, too. I'd be like "oh okay that makes sense, I FUCKING TOOK THE WORLD TITLE FROM HIM AND WE FEUDED FOR THREE MONTHS!" Just awful booking there. Who is the crowd supposed to focus on at that 'reveal?' Devon and his laughing? Confused Hardy? Again, Roode and Aries weren't even out there for fuck's sake!

--

I've liked TNA a whole lot this year, but my goodness this one match/segment was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

#2,820 ·
The "RIGHT NOW" generation would be relevant if this storyline hasnt been going on for six months. Long term booking is great if people actually gave a shit about the storyline. Long term booking should never include Festus, Mike Knox, Garrett Bischoff, D'Lo Brown Jerry Brisco's goofy son and Devon Dudley. Long term booking is meant to benefit business and create interest. This does neither.

#2,821 · (Edited)
a. It's good it's gone so long without them just throwing everything out there because then it would be "when will the aces and eights stable end, rather than the angle about them coming in. Maybe I should have said a year rather than half a year. Sounds better to me anyway. Honestly it didn't feel that long to me.. (Nexus on the other hand felt like it had gone on for decades after a couple weeks to me. It was soo incredibly horrible and stale that even punk couldn't make it the least bit interesting.)

b. Don't speak as though you speak for their whole audience. You don't. You speak for you. You have no clue if people other than you give a shit about the storyline.. Looking through just this thread I can see quite a few that do.. if the Bischoff math is right you can add on 10 people that watch that think like them that don't get on the internet to talk about it.

c. So you're just butthurt about who is in the group?

d. The players we know of thus far aren't bad. As I was reminded about 15 pages back in this thread, they had d-lo under a mask in place of Devon for weeks, what is there to make you think that some of the people under the masks right now won't be the people under them when the masks come off?

The "RIGHT NOW generation" thing is perfectly applicable.. I hope it goes on for another year and a half just to troll the people that want it over with right now.

#2,875 ·
Admittedly, I'm a bit of an instant gratification person, but if a long-term story arc is handled properly, with advancement and continual new hooks to keep people engaged, I enjoy and appreciate that just fine. However, the Aces&8s epic (as in very, very long) saga is not advancing. It's not changing much at all, for that matter.

This has been going on for months; I think I've been plenty patient. The entire audience has been forced to be patient but there comes a time when story progression HAS to happen. In the beginning, people paid attention because there was suddenly a group of folks with a hidden agenda and there was curiosity about who they were and what they might ultimately do.

As of now, the Aces&8s are stagnant and they've lost their power to be dangerous outsiders. They hang out backstage in their own separate little clubhouse/spare room throwing darts at posters and drinking beer with masks on, then come out and lose some matches. That isn't interesting, it isn't building to something, it's not even entertaining to speculate about possible debuts associated with all this anymore because nobody cares about a bunch of losers having a private laugh over how clever and wild they are week after week after week.

It's not like there's no potential in the story; when they get to act brutal, as if the beat downs have consequences, they get some of their shine back. The problem is, this endless dragging on has resulted in a ton of filler moments that weaken everything. Add that to the schizophrenic treatment Aces&8s get – Are they legit and threatening (show up, do their thing, and leave) or are they a comedy act (the kidnapping scenarios, all that hanging out backstage having parties and whatnot)? - and much, probably most, of the audience has given up caring.

#2,921 ·
They'll probably give him a character name much like how D.O.C. received the same. I refer to him as "The Armbreaker" still whenever I acknowledge his presence in matches. Of course that was only a more one time thing during that fight with Aries.

Masters plz. Heel now, face later. I don't care. I'd purely get a kick out of seeing him on TV again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.