Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #6137 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabs View Post
Where did you read this?
I didn't read it anywhere. It was an assumption based on tracking their DVD release schedules. At this moment, we're in the November tripleshot which leaves the Golden Gate and Wrestlemania shows + the EVOLVE shows, and at the pace they typically release their shows my guess would be November at minium for them to catch up to their most recent show(s). Which brings me to the heavy empahsis on VOD and iPPV model, which I think they believe serves as more of a convenience; reflected primarily through their double/triple shot pricing deals and merch deals for shows that usually take place a good span after the iPPVs and VOD of individual shows have already been released. Since they can't get DVDs out til months later, they'd figure a consumer is more likely to buy it in a deal with other old shows rather than full price. It was never my intention to state it as fact; just made an assumption based off of their recent trends and ventures.

EDIT:
I can understand and relate to the issue for those who aren't fans of iPPV/VOD. While I'm" personally not big on DVDs anymore, it has been a long standing method of consumption for the indies (roughly over a decade now). I guess it never really bothered me since I saved up and bought an Internet/Smart TV so I could watch my iPPVs/VOD shows on my TV either way.

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND

Last edited by Matt_Yoda : 07-07-2012 at 06:54 AM.