Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NBA Off-season Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #1158 (permalink)
HeatWave
GET MY BAGS

HeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a push
Default Re: NBA Offseason Thread 2012

Quote:

Gordon said he felt disrespected by the Hornets initial offer in January, which he made pretty clear was less than the 50 million dollars some have been reporting. He repeatedly stated that he wants to go to the Suns, that he feels that’s a better fit for him, that they appreciate him as a player.

When asked if he would have signed a 58 million dollar deal in January, he said “why not?”. I responded by asking him if this was then about the money. He said “Not at all. It’s not about that. It’s about the kind of player caliber I am”..I followed up by asking if money is representative of what kind of player they think he is, and he seemed to realize what he was saying didn’t make complete sense.

Frankly I get the idea that Gordon really wants to be wanted, and the Hornets missed the boat to some extent on making him feel that way. He said repeatedly “the interest isn’t there.” He said multiple times that Dell and Monty haven’t spoken with him since the free agent period started.

Quotes From Gordon–

On what impact his statements will have on the fans if Hornets match– “Fans will be fans. They gotta understand what’s really going on. As of right now it’s all.. I’m just concentrating on USA basketball.”

On if the Hornets match and he’s forced to remain in New Orleans– “I gotta play basketball”

On if he felt slighted when Austin Rivers was drafted– “if you look at it, we have no center, we have hardly no bigs, you never know. I’m at a point where I went to Phoenix, I talked to their organization and next think you know they signed the players”

On if Phoenix’s training staff had an impact on his decision– All that factors in. Who wouldn’t want to go to a good staff? Period.”

On why the suns are the best fit– “the type of interest that they have as an organization. that’s just point-blank.”

On what made Phoenix a better fit than New Orleans– “the interest. I feel like im getting taken advantage of over there just because I’m restricted… if they wanted to…. you know how this CBA, this deal is, it’s built for you to stay with your remaining team, but everything has been taken advantage of”.
Hornets still gonna match?

Twitter