Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - New Users Introduction thread

View Single Post

Old 07-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #466 (permalink)
Martelfan
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

Martelfan
Default Re: New Users Introduction thread

Hi everyone. Decided I liked the look of this forum, I've been posting on 'The History of WWE' for many years, but have decided I'd like to join a second forum, no doubt there will be a few members here who will know me. Hope they remember the good things

I'm 30 years old, from the UK and have been a wrestling fan since 1991. My favourite era is 87-97 WWF, though I have an appreciation of NWA/WCW 87-93 too...before Hogan got there

I picked my username as I'm a huge lover of Rick Martel's 89-94 heel gimmick, with the atomizer, the 'yes I am a model' badge and his overall class. I felt Rick should have been given the IC strap during this time.

Favorite wrestler - Massive fan of the following - Rick Martel, Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Arn Anderson, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Ted DiBiase, Greg Valentine - but most of all - Davey Boy Smith, Brian Pillman, Owen Hart and BRET 'HITMAN' HART - Bret is definitely my number one, not only for his in-ring skills, but his intergrity, passion and absolute ceaseless brilliance in every area of his career. A man that has received a raw deal so many times, I am a Bret devotee for life - and yes, that means that I despise HBK, not that I don't respect his ring skills.

Favorite wrestling company - WW'F' for the aforementioned 10 year period, although 1995 was pretty weak. I think the best wrestlers and angles were on display during this time, unlike most people, I switched off during the attitude era, bitter post-screwjob. Bret and Austin instigated the attitude era and other wrestlers picked it up and claimed the credit. Owens death was the absolute last straw.

- Which is the best country out of the following three: America, England, or Australia? - I wouldnt say any country is 'better' than another, I've always wanted to visit Australia, but cannot possibly sit on a plane for the best part of a day. Have visited the US twice and they are the two best trips I've ever made. Especially my two weeks in Orlando. My own country lets me down in so many areas - but its home.

Really hope I can stick around here, I'm very forthright in my opinions, hope it doesn't wind people up too much. I loathe the current product so I wont have too much to say about that.

Cheers

MF
Martelfan is offline   Reply With Quote